Hire new employee

>hire new employee
>provide no training
>employee fucks up at the job
>blame the employee for not receiving training

Why is this allowed?

story of my life.

It's a sink or swim system, it's designed to quickly wash out normal headstrong people and retain slavegrunts who will lick the company's boots.

It's actually not always a bad strategy. But it's a short term view and is typically for companies that won't last 20 years.

What, you expect your employer to feed you with a silver spoon next? If you don't get training provided ask other people who work there for help, retard.

This. Go on quora and type in "Alex Rogachevsky" if you want to read the opinion of someone who doesnt hold his punches. He overreacts sometimes, but usually is spot on.

>implying other employees will help you
>implying they won't sabotage you

Are you this dumb?

A lot of companies will preach that they will train you/want you to ask questions. In reality, they want you to be as independent as possible and just do the job correctly without any assistance. Lots of managers and coworkers hate being bothered with questions by new employees.

>fuck up
>fight customer
>sue
>win for lack of training

>be new employee
>working for less than two months
>mess up so badly that I get personally called by someone at the company's corporate headquarters to explain myself
>say that my manager didn't train me to properly handle the situation I was in
>manager gets relocated to the store that gets robbed every other day
>face absolutely no consequences myself
>quit within a month because I hated that job
>mfw

do they expect employees to be psychic? how do people even do their jobs if no training is provided?

Training is leverage. When I first got hired I jumped at every chance to get cross department training.

Then when I asked for a raise and said I had another offer (which was, of course, a lie) they realized they couldn't afford to lose all the shit I cover because they've leaned on me too much to cover their holes and folded.

If you don't seek the training out for this purpose alone, you are a retard. There is always someone who will let you train (ie do nothing) so they think they have a more flexible staff.

i don't mind questions if they are not things he could have easily googled. what i hate is some greenhorn trying to give his opinion on everything. i have been designing the software architecture for months now and have pretty much figured out how i want to do it and there is this guy that goes "i think it should be like this..." and says something completely retarded. and i just want to yell at him "no! you don't think you do what i fucking tell you to do!" the fucking idiot actually thinks he can come up with something on the spot i didn't consider months ago or it was too idiotic to even consider. god i hate people like that. and the worst part is he is kinda slow you know slow to collect his thoughts starts talking while he is still thinking about what he gonna say. i just lose patience so fucking fast with people like that.

it's not like i don't have actually capable colleges that have a working mind and experience to have a decent conversation with. so i'm reasonable sure it's not me that's the problem here.

They're just stupid. This country has alot of people in leadership positions that really don't deserve to be there.

Pretty much the vibe at the factory I work at.

>bring in support operators
>operators are supposed to train them so they can become operators within 90 days
>operators only show them how to do the things they're too lazy to do
>support operators are basically their pets
>90 day period comes
>takes test to become operator
>fails
>recycle

Management jobs just seem like place holders for warm bodies. I'm pretty sure my boss does close to zero work all day.

That's the name of the game at low wage jobs. Like factory, production etc. Another thing companies will do is hire groups of workers as temporary with the promise of going permanent. No benefits of course. Then after a few months just let everyone go except maybe 1 or 2. Hire another batch a few days later. Rinse and repeat.

because they can. companies are there to extract as much surplus value from you as they can. why waste time training you when they can just berate you until you either quit, in which case they cycle on to the next schmuck, or you bust your ass/spend extra time figuring it out and they get what they want for cheap.

Why do you think every job advertisement asks for a large amount of experience? They want someone who is good from the get go, not someone they have to train and waster resources on. You can (not) get experience on the job market.

go to excuse to save someones ass without assigning any direct blame other than HR who would be the people to fire them in the first place

Ignore the posts explaining that it's some evil shit the companies do because they can... It actually costs money to hire new employees, so employee retention actually saves the company money and is in their best interest.

Want to know the real reason it happens?

It's your boss/manager/direct superior.

They get paid just like the rest of the employees. They also don't tend to care about the company. They blame you for things going wrong because they don't want to get into trouble from their boss either.

A lot of the time they won't train you properly because they received poor/no training too. They got promoted into the position for being good at blaming other people for their fuck ups and seeming trustworthy.

So when they reach the stage in their career where they are in charge of people... They possess no leadership skills and don't know how to train anybody.

In reality, they are probably thinking to themselves "why is this allowed" when their boss gives them into trouble for no training staff properly when they received no managerial training and have been given no protocol on how to train new staff.

The only way to thrive in that kind of workplace is to master the art of blaming other employees who are of equal or lower status to you (never above you). This is essentially how promotions work.

If you have a "group chat" for your work team then you can utilize it for promotions.

>co-worker leaves extra work for your shift
Explain why there was enough time for them to do it

>someone leaves a mess/untidy workstation
Take a picture and post it to the group and ask who did it and why

>someone does something wrong or makes a mistake
Post on the group reminding everyone how to do it correctly "remember, when blah blah ALWAYS make sure you blah blah, thanks"

Keep it up and I guarantee you no one will blame you for anything anymore and you'll end up getting promoted within 6 months.

Technically, if you're the new guy they should help you, if only to ensure that you remain in their debt.

I'm nice to everyone I work with, especially my inferiors.

My incentive to train is so when I inevitably leave or am disposed of is that I have something else on my resume, but I agree: if there's someone who will let you train/free training available, there's no reason not to whore it out.

>no protocol on how to train new staff
The reason training is given is because it is supposed to be part of internal controls. This should be set by top management.
>master the art of blaming other employees who are of equal or lower status to you (never above you)
This is a result of bad corporate governance. This is why organizations eventually fail.

Everyone is under the gun, so training is more often than not an informal OTJ affair. I wouldn't expect anything else at this point.