/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Echo is the best defender Edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Official News & Known Issues
Operation Health - Patch 2.21 is live.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/health/title-update-2-1.aspx
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-289775-16/year-2-season-2-operation-health
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-290265-16/operation-health-qa
Hong Kong season has been delayed. Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators will be released together with HK and SK operators.

Picked some a shitty operator (any operator that isn't Echo):

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/play/8eAWX
youtube.com/watch?v=W_X397fuBhI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>it's a passive echo sits on the drone all round and doesn't communicate anything episode

Post bugs that have been long since fixed

*cav sweating*

>castle is a bad op

t. silver rank player

Castle is literally the worst defender.

>boogie from teamspeak

can ts fags fuck off

castle is fine but pointless more often than not. strategies focused around him can throw people off but you could prolly win playing "normally."
mira creates strategies focused around her mechanic but is also actually useful.

Why bring up random nonsense.

damn straight
fuck off cracker

hehe haha :P

yokai is my friend :)

>voodoo.jpg

Castle is fine if he actually has a plan and the team picks and plays around him, so he's almost never fine in regular matchmaking.

Which is a more accurate sign of getting better: a rising k/d or a rising w/l

back to teamspeak (leddit) you go

>Be bronze
>Player on other team
>Level 30
>Two aces

I hate this game. People make new accounts specifically to clown on shitters like me.

>Hit platinum and stopped wrecking, better make a new account!

Can everyone PLEASE FUCK OFF NOW

Im pretty sure the teamspeak has been here since the begging of the general (when it was still good) and long before the namefags and shitposters that crosspost from reddit actually came here.

well this went to shit fast

oops forgot my trip

>a ponefag is more tolerable than half of the discord niggers, even with everyone constantly shitting on him

You have to respect that faggot at least

bestpone...

yeah well.... your mother

I have been having fun with him on casual by putting in places so people get routed towards me with a shotgun or making it harder for them to run to a room to escape

i want to lick IQs soles

>hostage stands up for no fucking reason
>accidentally shoot hostage while killing last person because standing up hostage ???
>hostage can't be revived and we lose
Guess which mode I just disabled

who hasn't disabled it already?
only good game mode is bomb

I haven't adjusted to matchmaking being acceptable. I'm used to it being a shitpile and any mode is good

bomb is the worst game mode

The only good game mode is Secure Area.

>be Thatcher
>Clubhouse
>Buck and I are attempting to enter the building, watching the door we want to enter
>Frost is watching the same door and rushes out at us
>kill her but have 10 HP from the fight
>tell my teammates I'm going to jump from the roof to reset and if they'd be so kind as to pick me up
>rappel up the wall
>Buck kills me, mumbles something unintelligible
>ask why he killed me, nothing
>end of game, we lose
>Buck player tells me to learn to play the game
>mfw

What did I do wrong lads?
Subscribe to my blog, thanks

explain this hibana fags
webmshare.com/play/8eAWX

SFM was a mistake

Is that a fucking zanpakutou

Well things started going wrong when you picked Thatcher instead of Hibanana

Do those on PC and whose monitors are 60Hz , do you find it unplayable if the game drops below 80FPS? I start noticing stuttering around 85 so i always aim for 100-120FPS , the game is smooth then

I have 144hz on half-adaptive vsync so it's really running at 72 FPS. It's better to keep it lower and stable than constantly changing

I have mine with vsync on at 60 fps and ive never had a problem. im not some autist who cares about getting amazing fps.

sourgrapes.jpg

Mostly because each game has lightings systems specifically tailored to the models, and SFM only uses source lighting, and even then there's no presets for which style of lighting (GO, CS:S, Portal, TF2, etc.) which makes it barebones in that aspect

Well the game felt normal and smooth when I was on 60hz.

Now I have had 144hz for a year now, it feels laggy when it drops to 60 fps. I accidentally set it to 60hz recently without realising and I couldn't play to a proper standard at all.

If you didn't care about getting amazing FPS, you'd have it locked at 30.

What do you think /r6g/?

Is this cheese/abusing exploits or legit?

youtube.com/watch?v=W_X397fuBhI

This is an imageboard. Post a screenshot of the "exploit" and explain it to us, I'm not gonna give a video with a clickbait thumbnail any views.

It's something that can very well happen inadvertently, so I wouldn't say it's "cheating" or anything, just a clever and unforseen application of game mechanics (if the defuser requires a valid near bomb area defined by the map maker and a flat surface within it to be placed, take away the surface).

TL;DW: If you partially or fully destroy the floor of an objective, attackers cannot plant the defuser in the spots you destroy.

This can be used to prevent popular planting spots with good cover such as pillbox in 3F Kanal, or the outside entrance to Armory in 2F Border, or Hookah in 2F Coastline.

As if bomb mode wasn't played out trash already.

I wouldn't call it cheating. Defenders have to expel resources to damage the floorboards, and that also gives Attackers a clear view on to the Defenders down beneath.

That's the thing though, if done correctly and you only partially destroy the floor by aiming the shotgun at an angle, only the top half of the floorboards are blown off while it remains intact from underneath, making the attackers unable to plant without them being able to see up unless they spend the resources to blow it up from their perspective

According to the video the Supernova seems to be the best at this sort of thing, although Smoke's can be used as well, leaving the Bearing/SMG-11 as their primary (as usually happens anyway)

>people think [insert operator] is bad

lol fucking coppers right guys?

castle is literally bad. it takes a hardcore strat to make him good and any sort of random play usually fucks over a teammate.

>Defenders down beneath

I think you've misunderstood.
If the floor is destroyed, the defuser CAN NOT be planted on the metal beams left behind. The game requires a clear flat surface for a defuser plant, and the exposed metal railing does not count.

>be level 215, currently diamond rank
>went in casual for a bit to find a match at 5am
>typical low levels bordering up every door they can find
>give some friendly advice
>"not a good idea to close up all these doors, lads. we need to get in and out at all times"
>start screaming noob at me and tell me to "just shut up and play the game"
>I carry them to a win anyway with 15 kills, 2 deaths, shit like that while lhey had about 2 kills between them
>still call me a noob

what even happened to this community

why is this guy calling me a noob

If you're not playing specifically for kdr, and your kdr increases then I'd say you're doing better

If you're playing specifically to increase your kdr then it's meaningless

Guys please post rainbow six siege memes. My gf is playin fucking fable 3 and i gotta wait to play

I understood that part initially. I guess I was not clear in my initial statement, so I'll reiterate that I am okay with the defenders rendering areas of the bomb site physically impossible for attackers to plant the defuser on. I think it is a legitimate strategy, and not cheating.

report urself

>its an enemy is gonna attempt to plant the defuser multiple times while I stall with the yokai episode.

MY DICK GETS SO HARD

It's fine because it's expensive and time consuming in prep, and it counters the best, most braindead plant sites.

>whatever happened to the community
it was always shit
>why is this guy calling me a noob
because ubisoft can't into matchmaking at fucking all and I have to play against your sweaty ass in casual when I just want to have fun

seriously I've played against either diamonds or unranked dudes with 200+ CL in 5 of my last 8 matches. i'm gold 4.

It blows my mind how bad ubisoft fails at basic shit that I don't have to deal with in any other game. I'd be a lot better at Siege if there wasn't so much bullshit that sucks the will out of me.

Well if it makes you feel any better, I don't try hard in casual at all. I normally use it to try new shit, play ops I don't normally play, help out the newfags and so on. Like today I've been using casual to get to know Cav a little more (after having only a few hours playtime with her). So I've actually been getting my shit pushed in as I'm shit with her pistol.

I've also been babysitting level 10s and shit and teaching them good ways to defend, which normally gets thrown back in my face but oh well.

>shoot enemy and hear my bullets hitting him
>full fucking health
>killcam shows my bullets hitting him too

I really thought I had a webm of this, but I ended up shooting the hostage in the head as Glaz because he flinched his head backwards when the guy behind him started shooting me. I was pretty pissed.

The disappointing thing is when people like you push my shit in you're not teaching me anything. I'm not going to get to diamond. I don't need to learn diamond strats. I'm going to play against random ass silver-platinum players that do random ass shit that doesn't make sense.

So when I get a nice little team of level 10-50s to join me in a fun time of getting our assholes raped by diamonds I get absolutely nothing out of it other than frustration and the inescapable urge to play Rocket League or CSGO and not deal with all the goddamn issues of Siege.

>I get a nice little team of level 10-50s to join me in a fun time of getting our assholes raped by diamonds
literally every match ive had for the past 2 weeks that ive been playing has been that its fucking insane

If you lose to anything that your not used to, its teaching you something, and if you are used to it and still losing than you are just retarded.

How often do you see the words "your" and "you're" but still somehow haven't learned to use them?

>your

Not sure if you misread but I said I don't try hard. If I play causal, it's just to try new things, piss around, have fun, whatever.

So if I'm diamond and you're silver, I might probably beat you but I'm not gonna bother doing wacky crazy stuff, you definitely have a chance.

But I understand that most players aren't like that and they still need to fix the matchmaking, yeah..

did u'se know what I ment?

>trying to kill a pesky drone
>accidentally shoot the hostage in the head with my revolver
>doesn't die or go into a downed state
>no one seems to notice
>carry on like nothing happened

I didn't misread. Your level of "not trying hard" is still significantly better than the people you face. Right?

>Prepping on defense
>Running around boarding shit up and so on
>Retard is spraying full auto at drones randomly regardless of teammates nearby
>Get hit, he blames me for it for running in front of him because I'm magically supposed to know when he's about to shoot
>Repeat every game
WOW IT WAS SURE WORTH DROPPING ME TO 29 HEALTH TO KILL THAT DRONE EVEN THOUGH THEY ALREADY FUCKING KNOW WHERE THE OBJECTIVE IS AND IDENTIFIED US
cunt

Oh. Well yeah probably. But then again, I've lost a fuck load of matches on casual just because of shit team mates, so even if you are up against a diamond, his shit team mates might win you the game.

>WOW IT WAS SURE WORTH DROPPING ME TO 29 HEALTH TO KILL THAT DRONE EVEN THOUGH THEY ALREADY FUCKING KNOW WHERE THE OBJECTIVE IS AND IDENTIFIED US
I hate people like that too, but killing drones is very important. Drones are the most important weapon in the game.

>Coastline

>I hate people like that too, but killing drones is very important. Drones are the most important weapon in the game.
I average about 3 during every prep phase [of course this implies I was quicker to deal with them than others] and somehow manage to not injure teammates in the process

>i play this tacti-c00l game for fun
>but its so annoying cause I dont wanna learn anything shit MM dood
>makes me want to go play other games where you have to learn strats in order to win, that'll be better

you're activating my almonds here

I agree with you though yeah. Worse when they are shooting fucking shotguns around without a care in the world.

>new characters will release soon-ish
>2 will be game breaking OP, the third useless
>the map will be another Border / Skyscraper / Coastline clone

>game is dead cause everyone is playing that BF1 night map using premium friends

whats wrong with coastline, its a decent map
if anything bartlett/house/yacht/favela is terrible

Coastline is not necessarily bad because almost all the rooms are, fundamentally, the same

>two access points at the side
>one perfect, exterior access point on a balcony so they don't even have to use the rappelling feature

But it's bad because the whole second floor balcony directly into the objective room was done heavily on Skyscraper already, and to a smaller extent, Border.

Its in the "Slightly better than House" tier. There's a fuckload of angles you can get shit on from and the winner is who was more aggressive.

I JUST BOUGHT A YEAR 2 PASS, MOM'S GONNA FREAK
At least I got $4 off from using a keyjew

but unlike house you can have a good roam game to fuck up attackers which is why coastline is a decent map

I don't have a problem saying "decent" but that's all it is. It's not good, but it's not shit. It's just there.

IQ is gay

What scopes/sights should I be using?

Just ACOG on everything I'm able to, then anything else for any other gun?

Or are certain guns only good at certain ranges, and should therefore not use ACOGs?

Is Oregon the comfiest, most R6 Siege map in the game?

b-back t-the fuck off?!?!?!
foot goddess is perfect

acog on anything you are able to control the recoil with. if you want to get more autistic than holo on maps that you know you will be attacking in close range.

ACOGs and vertical grips all around. Headshots are king and those will get you the most headshots.

The other sights are equivalent with each other. A lot prefer to go ironsites on the MP7 because the ironsights are extremely good but other than that, yeah just slap a holographic or whichever you prefer on.

Oh I guess ironsights for shotguns as well. It doesn't matter what you use but getting rid of the bulky optic does give you more vision

ACOG on everything that can use it, holo on what cant.
either reflex or red dot on cav/frost smg
would also say smokes smg but why would anyone use that.
reflex has a smaller housing and gives better vision around the sight but the shots hit the top of the triangle so if that puts you off use the red dot.

>not using smoke's smg, aka, free headshot machine

pleb

>bronze opinions

Holo really that good? I always preferred reflex. Seems like I can see more around the little triangle than I can with the holosight crosshair.

The small dot is very nice for accuracy, the red dot is too thick for most players and the triangle doesnt show well in high light.