Do you regret doing any modifications to your car?

Do you regret doing any modifications to your car?

I don’t necessarily regret mine, but it’s almost like it’s doing it’s job too well. I put about $2400 into modifying my suspension, and now it feels like the car performs too well around a corner. Nothing slips away from me, there isn’t any feel of danger, and I’m in control. Maybe i haven’t gotten used to the new limits that are available, but it’s a weird feeling.

I regret spending so much on cosmetic trash

It depends what you enjoy. Do you enjoy taking corners at 1.5g's at 70mph? Or feeling like you're gonna die? It sounds like the latter. Get an 80's shitbox and make it too powerful.

Just run max tire pressure, shit will get interesting again

You need tighter roads.

I wouldn't say I like losing control or being on the brink of death. It's just a little uninteresting now because everything feels so controlled. Before I'd be able to give the car some throttle and have some fun, bring on some oversteer and it's a good time. But now if I try anything it's like the car's saying "Give me more".

Buy a second set of wheels and put Chinese tires in them

you need more power.

I currently have Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 tires on. Are they even that good? I got em a few years ago when they were more expensive but only as a similar quality to the stock tires that I replaced.

You just over tyred it surely

I never mentioned the car, but it's a 2010 Mustang GT. The only power mods I've done are a Cai, long tube headers, x-pipe, exhaust, and tune. At this point since I've done suspension and brake upgrades that I want I've considered things for more power, but I'm pretty sold on saving up for boost.

They have a 4.8 star rating on tire rack. They're too good.

What do you suggest for public roads? its a little concerning to drive on bad tires, but it could be that I'm overthinking. For track use I could definitely see the benefit.

>but I'm pretty sold on saving up for boost.

You'll like it and enjoy for sure. Is it your week end / track-only car?

The real fun starts when you have a dedicated track toy being it a bike or a car (esp. after a point you can't make it road-legal lol)

I don't regret spending $$$ on mods and parts.

I personally do regret selling my track bike. Spent a lot of time tinkering with its setup, suspension / geometry.. Still have lots of spare parts for it (gearbox, front end, clip-ons, calipers/rearsets/various covers/spare wheels/etc)

>But now if I try anything it's like the car's saying "Give me more".
Give it more son!

yeah i need a better diff ratio, been stuck with 3.07 stock clutch type m80 for 2 years

no, mainly cause every part that's been replaced was due to the stock part breaking.

Poly suspension bushings. They make the car feel super tight and responsive but the trade-off in NVH was not worth it. Im planning on taking them out this winter after running them for years.

This is actually my daily driver. My project is barely running, and wont be in tip top shape for a while.

If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't get the more aggressive MR230 tune, Indy 500 tires, and short shift kit. Keep stock tires, MP215 (just intake + tune instead of a full turboback exhaust). I'd also just keep summers on stock rims and get steelies for snow. The exhaust hangars, pedal spacer, and transmission bushings were all worth it though.

Upgraded to larger calipers, rear disks, but didn't pay attention to master cylinder size with the kit. It went down instead of up like I thought. Brakes are kinda scary weak now. At least I can fix it easily.

What do you do next?

bump