/gwt/ - Gwent: The Witcher Card Game General

>News
Unofficial patch notes for upcoming hotfix: gwentdb.com/news/124-livestream-recap-balance-changes-and-more

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8-TnAfpJLis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for rethaz needs to be fired

i want to go viking:
1. x-men
2. queens guard
3. your suggestion

help please

is there a third option at all?

Current patch? X-men. Next patch? Queensguard looking like it might be pretty good.

Remember
>Redraw Siege support, you do not want any siege support in starting hand
>Foltest>Operator>Sergeants
>Cause you redraw the Siege Supports you then have like 3 sergeants in hand, fetch last with Reaver Scouts
>Play Avallach or whatever the situation requires, decisions here is very situational and dynamic = FUN
>You need first round, resilient units fucks you over
Cow and Dijkstra not necessary and just for fun, thinking about changing to Igni or Triss Butterfly.

Would it be possible for me to climb to 2800mmr using axemen without wanting to kill myself? I want that young Dandelion.

nr probably the most boring faction ever
I'd rather play squirrels or skellige next patch

no philippa?

8th for Mogwai being /ourguy/, Swim is pure reddit

I'm pretty shitty at this game and got to rank 14 just now playing that disgusting spell x-men deck just for dailies. If you are low rank and want to climb now that's the way to go.

After patch probably queensguard.

>NR
>fun

>least interesting leaders
>least interesting units
>least interesting golds

Patch could hit any day and I have no idea what your MMR is currently. You will climb with xmen, but you will probably hate yourself.

depends
I used too, but my siege support kept getting axed and thundered.
I use dandelion on siege support or whatever remains to make them 10 power. (After playing sergeants putting them on 7 power)
I'm not sure, Shani is only must have gold. I'm even thinking about removing Avallach for broken golds and less consistency.

Why weather was problematic
>it's a pure value play with no real downsides. Unlike unit cards that present risk/reward, weather has no risk
What was supposed to be fixed
>return to CB formula (double weathering, immunes etc), or introduction of more clears, or hit in the end of the turn, or slight mechanical tweaks
What CDPR thought is the problem with weather
>IT HITS TOO MUCH REDDIT DUN LIEK WHEN IT HITS TOO MUCH
What CDPR decided fixes the problem
>NOW IT HITS NOT AT ALL, ARE YOU GLAD REDDIT SENPAI?

playing SK is not how you get good at the game, in fact, you will tank hundreds of mmr once the patch hits, enjoy.

>game now crashes everytime a GG is received
cool bug

What's the minimum needed to enable GGs? I'm wondering if it's possible to play a minimum of cards and pass/forfeit to farm ggs.

lose like a retard so enemy will send you pity gg
usually people don't set ggs after getting wrecked like shitters

I'm at 2500. I guess I'll wait and see if the patch hits tomorrow. If it doesn't then I'll play axemen for my dailies and see if I can drag myself to 2800, then I'll call it quits.

It's doable, especially if you're running the Spellige variant

I think right after reset a lot of people just want to get daily rounds done. I figure giving away ez rounds would net a lot of GGs but I might as well play for wins if it takes too many cards.

>bugged trebuchet not firing if it's next to locked units with crewmen
FASCISM

I was already good at the game, I just switched to SK to get easy mmr and free scrap from imminent nerfs after my faction got raped.

I just picked up the game yesterday and made SK Discard. Why does everyone hate on them? Discard feels strong, requires hand and graveyard manipulation, and strategic round folding. Current W/L is like 15/3. Couldn't be happier.

Oh look another armchair developer, you'd fit right in at leddit

Sorry you missed out on the meteroite dust full scrap bonaza

Here's after when weather is shit
>Maybe siege tower for maximum POWER

So monster consume will probably survive the hotfix, right?

>6-2 record
>go up 30 mmr total
gotta love the new mmr system above 3k.

They said theres small changes that weren't mentioned on the stream. yet as of now looks like consume will survive

i like cdpr's definition of hotfix
it took them three weeks to announce bear fix and seems like we need another week to see the game actually patched

Nothing but the fastest of hotfixes for cdpr.

>Shani is only must have gold.
indeed.
i want to make a shani deck since day one,
this is the best i have seen so far...

Minimum to enable GG is to play 1 card and pass. As soon as you see the starting round 2 message you can forfeit and GG is available.

funny though, everyone calls Dijkstra a meme, but playing him correctly in this deck has saved me more times than any gold or silver.
>last round, 5 or less cards in deck
>Dijisktra in hand
>BAM
>SHAZAM

Ive gotten no gg option doing what you discribe

Is Ragh Nar Roog any good? Just got it as a level reward and I'm wondering if I should just scrap it or keep it

Either I can't play it despite reading the overview of the deck or people are teching against it so much that the magic's gone 'cause I just lost 200mmr playing it. Never a Dandelion.

Keep it for now, if no one runs weather clear anymore it can be alright

People are definitely more aware of what to do against it now but I'm still hovering around 2.9-3k using it. I guess I should've tried to ride it to rank 16 while it was still fresh and relatively unknown.

Bump faggots.

youtu.be/8-TnAfpJLis

Leave the Queensguards to me

>try to play casual in the morning, nothing but skellige

>try to play casual this evening, nothing but spellatael

why wont any of you faggots play something that isnt a netdeck and stop being so insufferable, you are killing this game

Give me a fun meme deck and I'll play it

Because if I didn't, then I'd have to deal with nothing but skellige / spellateal / consume monster while playing at a disadvantage because I'm not playing what is currently the best decks in the meta atm.

Can't beat them, join them

then build original deck by yourself to counter these retards

story around north proves that there's always a counter or even more broken shit. two weeks ago no one gave a shit about north and then it is suddenly fresh hot cancer of the month.
we are just dumb as bricks and can't come up with anything really smart.

>lumping spelatael
>arguably the highest skill cap deck on ladder right now
>with brain dead 'it plays itself' decks like consume and anything SK
also, the reason you see far more spelatael at the moment, is because the deck disappears completely once the patch hits, so people just want to play it, much like how weather monster is way more common.

How do I deal with the stress of searching for a ranked game? Every time I click search for ranked I come close to having a panic attack, and when some fucking FAGGOT cunt steals one of my Queensguards or plays Witchers on the last round to win the match I see red and come close to smashing my monitor.

How do I handle my emotions while playing a children's card game?

do it more

Just realise how ultimately meaningless the whole exercise is. Nobody cares about your MMR or WR, the game isn't even popular and will be dead within a year, so the size of your e-penis is even less important

Try weatherless axemen, it's fun.
QG suffers from every game playing exactly the same and having clear counters that make you completely helpless.

Seems deeper than Gwent without having 300 meme cards. Also, now I want Gwent with 3+ players

What's the most complex card game you've played /gwt/?

Probably MtG
And the only thing that makes it complex is the billions of weird interactions between cards

That looks really fun

It's basically TW3 Gwent but the interesting part is the map.

warcry or discard

how to you even win with this deck
every one pulls triple summor/witchers/kombi ect on the R3.
this has no tricks for R3

>and will be dead within a year
no game is dead until the server are shut off

What the fuck is this bullshit, CDPR?

How is this your first time encountering this bug? The game constantly displays wrong rank, exp, number of rounds won etc

>Emhyr is unironically better than Calveit

i won't forgive you CDPR, not anymore.

Probability that patch hits today: 60%

Is it possible to get golds in your dailies?

yes

Why are we still here, Nilfbros? Just to suffer? First Tibor, then Cahir, Peter, Rainfarn, the CDPR's hatred for us will never wane ;_;

What I hate is that they destroyed the spy archetype and are now pushing reveal so fucking hard
Having archetypes shoved down my throat is one of the reasons I quit Hearthstone

How in the FUCK is this fucking fair? How is this OK? Fucking total cunt shit, why is that even a card? It's literally auto win, I was going to rank up, but CDPR decides to fucking rape me in the ass.

I genuinely believe that anyone who uses Kambi should be dragged from their basements and burned alive in the street.

Why the hell do you complain about Leo?
Knights are still 10 points.
Leo is possible a 19 points card (6 body + 10 wounding + 1 buff + 1 buff + 1 buff)

>game will be dead within a year
>1 month into OB, 100+k players on the ladder, unknown, but definitely even larger number in casual
>one of the biggest, most popular franchises of the last years
>card game
Nigger you stupid?
Hex: Shards of Fate (aka MtG carboncopy) has had an active playercount of >500 players for the last 2 years and still is hanging in there, still getting updates occasionally.

Gwent is fucking golden man.

>spy archetype

never fucking forget, pour one for my nigga Letho Calveit

Are you the same autist who demanded that the one who approved these balance changes should be "dragged out on the street and guillotined publicly?"

> Playing QG
> Losing to Kambi

All I see, user, is ''I don't know how to read my opponent, so I play with myself for 6 minutes. I play QG, buff them and revive them and expect to win''

Sounds to me like you are the problem here.

The amount of cancer in this one image is overbearing

Well he isn't showing his opponent's deck, so it's possible it was a kambi sneak attack and the dude wasn't obviously digging through his deck for that fat cock.

>Start playing Elder Scrolls Legends this evening
>Have a not entirely shit time
We're gonna make it bros. I got an Arrow to the Knee card in one of my packs, and I got a moviecard.

No Im I remember thinking "I should win this unless he has Kambi... Nah this guy is shit, I'll be fine"

No, I should've seen it coming. I did, but I didn't do anything about it.

Now lost 2 other games after that assrape. No more ranked tonight.

>it was a kambi sneak attack
Signs you are playing against Kambi:
Opponent opens with Bran into 3 An craite raiders.
Opponent plays Avallac'h
Opponent plays Udalryk
Opponent goes crazy with weather and axemen in the first 2 rounds

lmao dude what the fuck how didn't you know he was playing kambi?
Avallach and R3 Udalryk totally gives it away.

he did every one of those things I still fell for it. I don't deserve the Dandelion portrait.

Patch today?

>"""""""""100k players""""""""
>dead general struggles to get 100 replies after 7 hours
>meanwhile Weebverse cycled several times to bump limit already
Hmmm a curious case indeed

a few weebs erping does not reflect real world popularity.

why are you so obsessed about comparing /gwt/ and /svg/ ?

The problem with Veeky Forums is that no game is interesting enough to sustain indefinite discussion. The only way generals survive is if the game panders to waifu fags who just bump threads with inane bullshit ad nauseum.

Veeky Forums was a mistake.

patch when

should've been yesterday. seems like with all the crying from reddit they are changing everything again in the last minute.

>game's audience is represented by amount of shitposting @Veeky Forums

Seems plausible. Remember last patch when the patch notes "leaked" ahead of time, and then the real patch reverted a bunch of changes?

It's a bug, your MMR is less than that.

>elder scrolls legends
>a dying HS clone
>whose current meta is even worse than ours

See you back in 2 days

Dee-seep-leen, that is what you folk lack

Of course. Same mistake as usual. Now watch them overcompensate by making monsters tier 0 abd killing NR because reddit (and make no mistake, a bunch of people here did the same) cried wolf.

I strive above all to be ___

BLOODY NONHUMANS