/tfg/ - Titanfall General

"Nothin' Personnel Amigo" Edition

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>News
Wargames Patch notes: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13044/the-war-games-patch-notes/p1?new=1
Full Wargames patch notes (including the quiet stuff): i.imgur.com/yq3ekHy.png
FNN 16: ea.com/games/titanfall/titanfall-2/news/frontier-news-network-16

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tgfTKcBbiy8&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=29T2UQi5xXI&feature=youtu.be
gamesdonequick.com/tracker/bids/sgdq2017
youtu.be/tgfTKcBbiy8
youtu.be/29T2UQi5xXI
youtube.com/watch?v=KryKvAY-F48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

God I wish that was me

4th for

FIX

THE

FUCKING

AMD

CRASH

you deserved it for using awall desu

never forget

It would balance SMGs and better differentiate them from ARs if they had a much harsher damage penalty after a medium distance, prove me wrong

Why are ledditors under the impression that northstar is under powered? Is it because they are all attrition babies and don't play LTS?

That plus general ttk increases for hit scan should sort it out somewhat. I'm sure most of my SMG kills are just from stray rounds clipping people's heads when my aim is off, pretty silly. When the fuck is the next balancing patch anyway?

Give SMGs controllability but harsh damage dropoff, and give rifles more consistent damage but much higher recoil.

youtube.com/watch?v=tgfTKcBbiy8&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=29T2UQi5xXI&feature=youtu.be

Because doing well with Northstar requires you to be able to lead your shots, predict where people are going to be, and if someone gets in your face, be able to make space without dying. It takes a certain amount of practice to be able understand how to utilize her strengths
I can easily see why someone who mainly plays Ion, for example, would think that Northstar can't do shit, since they have a gun with a long wind up and lead time and no shield option

Having played loads of mech warrior, armoured core, and chromehounds, playing peak a boom with northstar came pretty naturally for me. But hey if she gets a little buff from their crying all the better for me, a tweak to teather would make her even more comfy to play.

next balance patch is this month with dlc7

I must always go fast, any tips? (still trying to get used to slidehopping.)

Slide whenever you're coming off of a jump and are reasonably sure you aren't moving directly into a hail of bullets

Northstar takes the most skill/effort/experience to do well. It has absolutely no defensive options at all, other than just running away. Tether is utterly useless.

There is very little benefit in slightly restricting an enemy's movement for a few seconds compared to what all the other Titan's defensive abilities do.

Remove the traps arm time, increase its attach range, and maybe give it constant arc effect when it attaches. That would make it a pretty nice ability.

Yeah, it should definitely disrupt their vision at least, and maybe even reel enemy titans in.

>armoured core

you're now my kin, my own flesh and blood. my brother.

>adding more arc effects into the game

are you fucking kidding me. i can barely see straight for 10 seconds at a time with all the phase shift/arc grenade babby RDDT's plus the new fangled Monarch circlejerk.

Northstar's kit is perfectly fine, with the possible exception of putting her VTOL on a fuel system instead of a fixed duration/fixed cooldown. allowing her strong defensive options when she gets jumped on will turn her into the most vicious TvT monster you've ever seen. if you're unhappy with your traps, take the double tether kit.

you already have damn good enough options by immediately dashing away from trouble, smoking, then trapping and clustering in the smoke. 99.99% of pilots won't bother fucking with you at that point, unless they're trigger-happy ronins. toss in VTOL/flight core mind games on top of the smoke and you're actually pretty well equipped to make enough space to at least trade 1 for 1.

tldr, northstar's only real weakness is her lack of a proper bailout defensive. if you strip away her only weakness, she'll just break the game, or at least titan combat.

t.gen20.6 NS

>Still no new AC

Feels bad, I still boot up my 360/PS3 and try and get some games in on ACVD now and then. But since mech warrior online went to shit tf2 is strangely my main mech game. Man you know the genre is fucked when a game from the creators of cod4 is your best bet for some mech fun.

shit dude it was just an idea, Tether is SERIOUSLY underpowered. It needs SOMETHING.

Holy shit lads
The fucking grunts have a surrender animation
I'm fucking around in private, just practicing to fast, I decided to merc some grunts in my titan. I was playing monarch and decided to zap a grunt twice, with rearm, and the fucker just dropped his gun and got on his knees
Shit was fucking sad

maybe a slightly reduced arm time, but that's it. the entire idea of traps is being smart about them, and preparing them in advance. there's a reason you can hear the trap trigger at any distance.

yes they do this when death is imminent congrats on being slow to see it

if you've ever stomped on grunts in a titan before this animation has probably played for you.

The traps just barely do anything. Titans aren't limited in movement that much, the duration is short, and they can even shoot it.

what they seem to fail to realize is not that northstar is too weak, but that she's one of the only balanced titans

you gotta be like a spider dude. if you throw a trap down, make some patrol routes in areas of the map that can quickly access the trap. if you hear it go off, you can take a look, VTOL if you have to, and if you like what you see, go in for the kill. if it's not something you can bully to death 1v1, then shoot it once and slink away.

that, or throw them where you'd throw scorch gas cans in the middle of big brawls. that 4-5 seconds of "why can't i move?" to "oh it's a trap" to "find the trap" to "shoot the trap" is enough to kill a titan, especially if you have teammates around. obviously there are exceptions, like flame shielding or phase dashing the trap, but that's another good use for it.

i'm telling you man, if you just accept the limitations of the trap and plan smartly its strengths, you can do a hell of a lot with it.

>every custom game

Not sure what this guy's endgame was

If this guy was planning on nuke ejecting he was awful slow about it

>dat PS4 tfg vs tfg, stack against stack action

maybe he just wanted to have a little dance and then die

who knows

Getting tired of all those Monarchs roving in packs in Titanbrawl, what's the best Titan to bully them ? Legion seems to punish them since they have no defensive abilities beside the drain.

Can I get back into the Discord? : <
It was only a joke.

no
trapfags get banned

Legions are pretty spoopy. Ronins are too. Dunno how well either will fare against a whole pack, though. Legion might be your best bet.
Just avoid poke wars. Monarch is a squishy titan if you just go for the kill, but they'll outlast you any day of the week if you give them a chance.

I like my sex how I like my warpfall, fast and unprotected.

nothing better than shooting some dumb warpfall cuck out of the air and decimating his unshielded titan before he can get back

Next step:

banning moefags

Make all SMGs projectile like Wingman Elite (not with that damage though). That would be an automatic soft nerf to range by requiring people to lead shots outside of CQB.

gamesdonequick.com/tracker/bids/sgdq2017

>Spare the MRVN: $2,795.00
>Destroy the MRVN: $370.00

This isn't OK.

All DLC 50% off on Origin.

Any of them worht picking up?

if this includes prime titans im gettin them all

There's a bundle of all the current primes for 10 yuro.

Damn dude wtf

Remember that this general is shared between platforms and trying to remove one would be a faster downfall for the general

youtu.be/tgfTKcBbiy8 This is the start of a good match I had.
youtu.be/29T2UQi5xXI
This is the end.
Xbros can guess what I was doing by the end of it.
Reposting for new thread.

>out of nowhere mouse starts to lag in titanfall 2 and titanfall 2 only after the update
>i mean like random spurts of mouse sensitivity being a fraction of what it normally is despite it being a-ok two weeks ago
>on top of the game's regular problems
>on top of PC never breaking 3k players online since i've installed, not like it matters since you're pooled with the same 40 or so people all day
this game was an utter disappointment outside of the EPG and movement system.
how the fuck does anyone enjoy this game g25+

by playing on console and stomping codbabbies

>have had zero mouse issues
>manage to find matches even living in Australia
yeah nah quit yer bitching

this man gets it. tether may be a little underpowered but its by no means useless.
you can have i think up to 5 traps on the map at once, so you can even create a perimeter around an area to get advance warning if youre about to be flanked

Xbox ready to party tonight?
I sure as hell am

Is there a point to using the B3 Wingman over the Wingman Elite?

On one hand, it's 10€ for fucking skins.
On the other, they are so fucking sleek.

its hitscan

you're hitscan

there was. amped, regular wingman was a 1 shot kill. but they changed that for some reason.
it is hitscan, the regular wingman, but the accuracy is garbage and the ironsights are so bad that you may be better off rolling the dice and firing from the hip, hoping for a shot to land.
basically no, theres no reason to use the regular wingman over the elite unless its just for the hell of it or if you think the regular is fun.

One thing that bothers me with TF2 is the character models. In TF1 you had very clear designs, but they were uncustomizable besides gender. In TF2, we tactical differs, yet they feel off.
Cloak and A-Wall look very similar, and very heavy. They don't really give the impression of agility and speed of the pilot.
Also, cloak is just a model taken from one of the bosses in singleplayer, with shitty fur and an arm that looks more like a utility tool for a factory worker, but has no purpose and no relation to the tactical it is attached to.

The arm fits the design i guess
he too big to get he gun so he robot do it for he

>but has no purpose and no relation to the tactical it is attached to.
do you know how cloak works on techical level? maybe those things on his arm are integral to making the cloaking device work. theyre fuckin space ninjas with impossible technology; no one knows how the stuff works.
i agree for the most part though.

other way around, all of the bosses use MP player bodies

I was thinking about the additional arm, the one that extends above his shoulder. Also, the entire Cloak model seems unnecessarily bulky, and the fur cape is just ridiculous.

I'm more curious why the stim tactical is attached to a robot.
Surely a chemical mixture to speed people up wouldn't work on a mechanical being?

It would be fine if they changed the icon from a syringe to a lightning bolt or something, and/or renamed it to Overdrive

maybe

i agree, i dont like the awall or cloak models. too bulky indeed. i was just pointing out that maybe respawn decided to try to keep their designs "in-universe". as in maybe the cloak pilot needs to be bulky because the cloak technology is still in the stages where its a big bulky thing.

well its not a pure robit, its a brain in a jar thing. so theyre closer to biotechnology. maybe theres some chemical that makes their brain work faster or some shit, which in turn allows them to control their robit body faster.
i think overclock wouldve been a cool name for stim if it had to be on robits.

>cloak technology is still in the stages where its a big bulky thing
Considering the pilots in TF1 had a standard cloak with no bulky gear, probably not.
It's just a way to identify the tactical on the field as a player.

I like the A-Wall model, he looks fantastic with Checkmate Blue cause I can RP as future police, but I agree about Cloak.

I thought it was more like capturing the entirety of brain functions in a digital form and uploading it to a robot body. It would fit, since Ash gets fucked up in SP, but they recreate her using a back-up.

no, its a brain in a jar. they go into it in the artbook. thats the explanation they give on why the robits still wear some pieces of clothing

I've been gone for 6 months, have they nerfed Tone?

Also post good memes pls.

Yes, Tone is balanced now. You may come back from your anger-induced hiatus.
But seriously she's fine now. Not to say she isn't dangerous but that she's balanced.

The hiatus wasnt really anger induced. I just don't have the energy to play vidya so much.

Oh don't worry, I was joking around. Life and work, things like that suck one's energy away.
That being said, a good Tone player is still a huge threat and can still fuck up your entire team easily if you let them. The trick is to corner him and leave him nowhere to escape to, I think. Though I'm not an expert in this subject.

What exactly did they change?

Oh, right, that's why I never use holopilot

overall lower damage across the board, particle wall is significantly weaker.
id agree with the other guy in saying that tone is balanced now(besides maybe the 40mm still being too good at deleting pilots), but keep in mind that she is still by far the easiest titan to play. so a really shitty player can hop in her and still do good.

i dont get it?

>monarchs and ronins with less than one health bar rushing my northstar, which has full health
>all just so they can have that sick execution kill
>even though they know they're gonna get their sorry ass flight core'd to death
Bullying newbie Monarch and Ronin pilots is fun as hell, holy shit.
Shoutout to that one Monarch pilot who got me two executions in one match all in the hopes of snatching my battery.

Make all hitscan projectile.

Right now it's all just Left click to baleet enemy.

Hell yeah I'm ready to rock

collar

Mostly. The 40mm cone and impact explosions are way too big still.

>We've yet to play a Titanfall game in the style of Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
youtube.com/watch?v=KryKvAY-F48

>monarch brawl

ive been getting this on Angel City, seems to be an optimization issue

I hate the cloak model, which is awkward because I exclusively used cloak in TF1 (except on my Spitfire+Stim titan hunter loadout). Now I just use Holo all the time since it looks the coolest and is equally as useful as the cloak if you play it well.

arc rounds, r&r, chassis seems to work ok in monarch brawl

>it's not my completely whack viewmodel settings, it's the character

Sometimes I feel bad bullying new players. Sometimes I don't.

Also reposting this from last thread, now in shiny new webm form. This guy just gave up or he's completely incompetent.

Reeeeeeeeeee I missed it. I'll be on later. I was busy these last few days.

Kek

if you have a stack or are good at hanging back and poking, swap out chassis for accelerator and become an unstoppable dps machine. youll get your core so fast that the extra hp lost from superior chassis will be made up for very quick.