/vn/ - Chibi Edition

Visual Novel General #1531

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

light.gr.jp/light/download/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I fucking love shitposting

^_^

CUTE

Kei best girl
Also Kei is this month's wallpaper from Light.
light.gr.jp/light/download/index.html

No, this is the happiest Mitcher.

I want to beat mitcher with a bat

kei is fucking terrible

I can't for the love of me find the motivation to go back to Dies. I'm at Kei's route nearing the final battle and somehow I'm drained out. It's been a week but I still can't find it in me to read. I'll just drop a passage for my overall impressions: Dies Irae doesn't seem to shine anywhere. It's romance feels pretty cliche and the investment was not enough for me to feel for the romantic relationships Ren have for either Katsumi or Kei. It's just too short and too rushed for me to feel like they are an actual couple. This is particularly for Kei. The first half is also too long and pointlessly drags to deliver exposition on the villains that all in all feels rigid so far.

The battles and fighting is one of it's stronger points but even then it loses completely to titles like Fate Stay and even Umineko. It's not bad but it's not fantastic either considering that it's marketed with fighting as its highlights. This might have to do with the weak MC(for the two routes at least) when compared to a better supporting cast like Shiro and Kei.

It also annoys me when people call Kasumi's route similar to Saber's in FSN. They're not. Heck, Kasumi route is a bad end and a "we figure since we have this girl, we need a route for her so take this". Also it left a bad taste in me when the entire purpose of her route was motivation for you to read the other 3 routes. It's like she doesn't even matter and is shafted as a stepping stone to build the other routes. Her route is obviously not as thought out as FSN where each is a standalone and a strong one.

drop it and read a real chuuni like fate/stay kamige

>It's like she doesn't even matter and is shafted as a stepping stone to build the other routes

That's literally what it is. Why it isn't mandatory to play first is shocking, it was clearly written that way.

Marie's route has a strong conclusion but I don't actually remember anything that happens before it. the fights are ass and I agree on the romance

Agreed.
>The prose is usually too cumbersome for its own good and despite a few genuine gems here and there comes off clunky during action scenes and just needlessly brings the already slow pacing down
>Ren can get a bit annoying with his one-track mind and cheat super powers
>Almost no actual character development; pretty much everyone is at the same place where they started (though you have to work backwards and figure out how they ended up this way, so I’m not sure how much of a negative this actually is)
>The plot is predictable and not all that interesting
>Most battles are extremely slow-paced and lack tension
>The pacing in general is extremely slow
>Weak romance (with the possible exception of Kei’s route)
>A lot of literary references feel almost random and come off as kind of shallow

>and even Umineko
lol

runa what the fuck

Runa is too cute

What does she smell like?

w-who take that photo?

Tfw no childhood friend to wake you up all the time
I love Sumika!

Probably one of the hundreds of guys she has kissed.

Is she Rusalka's clone?

well, /vn/? Do you like caddes?

took*

Is it time?

Bliss? I'd be pissed if some noisy screeching bitch woke me up every morning.

Best girl

Yeah, I'd really like some tea.

oh I guess not

who are you, /vn/?

Man, I love MangaGamer

So far Dal Segno is just Da Capo 4: Fuck off, it's not Suginami his name is Yamato

Wait isn't Ren's ability a ripoff of Kiritsugu's?

dies irae is a rip off of fsn so I certainly don't doubt it

I LIKE LOLIS!

nah cause kiritsugu's has drawbacks and an incentive to not use it all the fucking time

ren's creation figment is active in like half the fights and you can't tell except when he goes "wow even with my creation figment he can still dodge". its a nothing ability that has no effect on anything and its bad
cool idea though

is not loli, is...

uhh, what was she again? the original form of nero or something?

おやすみ
Oyasumi VN

Guys I'm literally shaking

What if SubaHibi isn't truly kamige?

What's up with the random ball gag? The rest of her outfit isn't remotely s&m related

I played the partial and it is indeed kamige so far

Kimika is a miracle of the univese

please stop shaking

That's just Nero with some weird clothes.

IIRC, that ridiculous outfit should stop her from using magic. But since she was the most powerful mage in the planet she managed to break out of it eventually.

you're god damned right stay in your own fucking route yukino this one doesnt need your bullshit logic

What anime other than Symphogear and Gamble Lesbians is worth watching this season, /vn/?

Is there any way to turn off these stupid floating numbers on every sprite in Dal Segno? It's driving me crazy

A lot still hasn't aired yet. Made in Abyss looks interesting.

>I'm at Kei's route nearing the final battle and somehow I'm drained out
Same desu. I might force myself to finish at least Kei's route.
>This is particularly for Kei
Lol, that's because you don't have her h-scenes to read, you little eop-cuck.

Monogatari of course

Tsurezure children, Made in Abyss

You know remember Kaigen.

I couldn't find a download of her game

wow. this didn't take long to turn to shit. At least the dumb shit is getting out of the way early on

I don't, actually. Who is she?

How much longer until that delinquent game is translated?

Princess Principal or Battle Girl High School migh be the sleeper hits this season.

Common route's done. At their speed, it'll probably be out by early-mid winter

Isekai shokudou

Are you serious?
Here, a spoon.
forum/viewtopic.php?t=2046040

Has anyone else started learning Japanese so they don't have to be an EOP? How long do you think it typically takes before you're able to read a moege? About a year or two of study? I've been doing anki at 30 words per day and having a blast so far, I'm curious to when I can move onto reading though

ask DJT

>learning dead langauges

Finish tae kim, after that you should be able to read one with the help of a parser.

New Game S2.

ThisI haven't even finished Tae kim before starting reading. Depends on your language aptitude and dedication though.

well i'm wanting to do it while being able to make it an educational experience and actually learn from it

NOW THATS A TILT

I already untilted this one a while ago.

I said parser, not MTL, it extracts the text but doesn't translate it, it just makes it easier to look up certain words. You can use it to mine vocab and do an anki deck if you want.

hes going to fucking fall

so do we all

oh I see, that seems like it would be helpful, but early on wouldn't you essentially just be putting in every single word in a sentence?

Thanks for fixing the OP.
I FUCKING LOVE CAÐES

I legitimately got vertigo from that tilt jesus

Clearly the better Rusalka

Queof, how the fuck do I translate sucking sounds?
んんんっ
ちゅ、ちゅっ
れろっ
I fucking hate translating h-scenes.

*kiss* *smack* *succ* *moan*

onamatopoeia bitch

Man, Euphoria has been such a rollercoaster of emotions till now

N'gai, n'gha'ghaa, bugg-shoggog, y'hah. SHAZAM!
*VRROOOOOM*

plemplem.

Well, I am the editor, but the way I see it is three ways:

1. You listen to the sound track and just onomatopoeia that shit up -- this method is a pain in the ass.
2. You literally translate them, not that anyone is going to give a shit since it's weeb content anyways and the idea is still conveyed -- this is the faster and simpler method.
3. You translate the japanese onomatopoeia into english ones. Basically like step 1, but without listening to the audio to be accurate.

>Summoning the Chktulhu.

And by "sound track" I mean voiced line.

Altair

Reminds me of the Nasu h-scenes edits, now I gotta search for that picture.

>Gif
>2.94 mb and is choppy as fuck
>Webm
>182 kb and runs at a smoother frame rate.

The future is now.

I would've preferred to fugg her in her feline form, desu. I''m not one of those furries though, but she's geniunly cuter that way.

Ah, whatever, Hcontentfags should suffer anyway.

So cruel~

I mean, hello, fapping to these awkward h-scenes written by virgins require some brain damage.

I read Little Busters years ago but never made it to Refrain because the drama in the Haruka route was too ridiculous and I dropped it. Should I watch the anime and then read Refrain in the VN or just reread the common route?

>require some brain damage.
Where do you think you are? We're all damaged goods.

C-chigau. I'm normal. I just don't like associating with strangers much. VNs introduce me to some fantasy world with a good story, just like books!
I read VNs for the plot!

I'm in it more for the audio. Which I guess goes right back to the point of it not mattering much about how ever you want to translate it.

>I read VNs for the plot!
See? Damaged goods.

J-just you wait until BS and Muramasa come out.
You'll get back what you said!

l-lewd

be like the ImoPara 2 guy and buy a dildo to ensure accurate slushing noises