What's the best car out of this lineup?

What's the best car out of this lineup?
>Mazda3
>Honda Civic
>Toyota Corolla
Pick one and go.

I pick the 4th choice
>Bedford Rascal

Mazda seems to have the worse case of "Banana window" but it also has the best front out of the three.

>Rascal
These fat people scooters are getting ridiculous in America.

Mazda.

Disagree, I can't stop seeing a stupid face in the Mazda. The Civic is the most aesthetically pleasing to look at... from the outside.

>Dude plastic unibrow
>Good

Civic, the new generation brings back the feel of older civics. Small, fun, sporty.

This thread again?

How is a car that moved up a whole size class and somehow managed to make its hatchback variant longer than the coupe a throwback to the old ones?

>moved up a whole size class
From when? Since the 90s the Honda Civic has been moving up in dimensions to match the Toyota Corolla and other vehicles in the same compact class. All compact cars have moved into slightly larger dimensions to meet safety standards and still have enough utility usage to be a better option over others in its class. No matter what, the Civic has always been a "compact" vehicle. A 2004 Honda Civic was only 300lbs lighter, but considering the fact is was slightly shorter in length and thinner, as well as didn't have to meet modern safety standards such as roof structure, it's not that big a difference.

It's not a throwback to anything old, the new Civic is completely new almost from the ground up. But don't get upset when you say any of these compact cars have moved up a class, because they most certainly haven't.

Mazda has a hatchback option, Civic has a turbo option, Corolla a shit.

You said
>Feel of the older civics
A car that was once in the subcompact segment is now in the Compact segment.
it has grown by a whole feet in size.
Unless the problem here is that your idea of an old is my idea of relatively recent, because
I defaulted to 1995, not 2004, especially considering you said
>small, fun, sporty
Ergo EG6 with a few simple mods.

They're all shit. Just get a civic for 3k or get something actually good/interesting for the same price.

Hyundai Elantra

>You said
I'm a different user
>A car that was once in the subcompact segment
The civic has been in the compact segment since 4th gen in the late 80s/early 90s. This is the 10th generation now. It was a subcompact for 15 years, and a compact for the next 30 (1987-present). That's the majority of the civic's lifespan. The Civic has already spent over twice as long in the compact segment as when it was a subcompact. Shut the fuck up.
>Unless the problem here is that your idea of an old is my idea of relatively recent, because I defaulted to 1995
Which is also when the Honda Civic was already in its 5th-6th generation and in the compact segment dipshit.
>small, fun, sporty
The civic has never been in any way sporty, other than actual sports models like the SI and Type R, which are both fairly recent models. SI also doesn't feel sporty to me.
>EG6
Also a 5th gen COMPACT

Why doesn't the Toyota Corolla get a ~180 HP class turbo 4 like both the Civic and the Mazda 3 do? I like the looks and Interior of the Corolla but without at least performance parity there's no way i'd consider it.

>Why doesn't the Toyota Corolla get a ~180 HP class turbo 4 like both the Civic and the Mazda 3 do?
Because the demographic that buys toyota corollas don't give a shit if it goes slow.
>hurr camry
I stand by what I said.

>Because the demographic that buys toyota corollas don't give a shit if it goes slow.

I really don't see it as any different from the demographic that buys Civics (well, ok, not including the Sis and Type R(ice)s) and Mazda 3s. Everyone wants a decently peppy car, and the Corolla isn't really cheap compared to the Civic and Mazda. Hell, Toyota already has the 2AR-FE which falls right in that range, but they refuse to use it on anything less than the Camry or RAV4.

>Everyone wants a decently peppy car
Not everyone. In fact, most people don't give a shit about the powertrain in their car, they just want reliability that comes with the cost of not having to do much more than annual maintenance on the vehicle. They drive it soft and try to take care of it so it'll last them 200k miles before they trade it in for a new model year.

People also like cheap. Very cheap. In fact, the cheaper and more reliable it is, the better. That's why the corolla with its 132 horsepower engine is one of the best selling vehicles on the planet. The Civic does great in sales too, but it's usually the base automatic that makes the majority of the money. Same goes for the Camry and Accord, guess which sells the best? The base model and base model engines. That's why Honda completely ripped the v6 from the Accord, because it wasn't really selling.

Which is a shame, because I'd rather have a 2018 v6 Camry than anything else. 300 horsepower on long gears for stable high speeds and low engine rpms almost everywhere? 300HP worth of passing power? Yes please.

Shit, even the Mazda, a DRIVER'S CAR(tm) doesn't have a v6 variant or more powerful variant in the Mazda6. The Mazda3 comes with decent power, but again, it's demographics are supposed to be enthusiasts and those that enjoy driving long distances.

The Corolla is supposed to be a boring, well designed, low maintenance car. That's why there are other enthusiast's cars out there.

I admit I was wrong, but not on anything you pointed out.
EG6
>Hatch: 160.2 in (4,069 mm)
New Civic
>Hatch 177.9 in (4,519 mm)
Half a metre difference.
And if we are dragging first gen into this
>Hatch 3,551 mm

So if Civic moved from Sub-Compact to Compact in late 80's/early 90's,, that would make third(hatch at 3.8 metres) gen the last subcompact one by your count, which is still closer to EG then EG is to the New Civic.
I wasn't the one who called it sport or fun, but the original user. That is the sportiest(and smallest) Civic that comes to mind.

My original point wasn't even about the class, that was just off handed comment, considering there different ways cars are categorized anyway.
My point was how can the new pigfat, 4.5 meter sized monstrosity of a design Civic, feel or remind anyone a nearly half a meter smaller car

Mazda by far

Mazda's now more reliable than Honda AND drives better, top kek.

Civic 1.5T > mazda3 2.5 > Mazda3 2.0 > Civic 2.0 > Elantra > Corolla

Too bad manual civics don't exist in enough numbers to be found and the CVT is SHIT.

ARR ROOK SAME

Corolla>all