Hey faggots thinking about buying this as my first first car how much would it shit on me

Hey faggots thinking about buying this as my first first car how much would it shit on me

>30 year old car
gee i wonder

Depends on the maintenance and rust.

Likely to have lots of one and very little of the other.
Just pick out the right one.

The other problem is upkeep on your end, if you want a car that old prepare to wrench on it, because you're not going to like the bill the mechanic will send you.

All of the shit will be shat on you, all the time.

The fact that you didn't bother give any specific details on the car makes me think you are either underage, stupid or both.

Sure it's a 30 year old car but was it maintained well for those 30 years?

Thing is ill be buying it from a dealer and it has about 200k miles on it claimes to be well taken care of and I'm planning on driving up to see it tomorrow as I work today, pictures that are provided shows interior and exterior has been taken care of and of couse I know ill have to put in wrench time regardless of how well taken care of it was

OP should listen to an African-American whom possesseth an E30

It'd just be nice to hear of the common or large problems that could happen with this car

>200k miles on it

Don't pay a dime above 1500

>pictures that are provided shows interior and exterior has been taken care of

that doesn't mean jack shit. it couldve been neglected its whole life and then cleaned up real quick. The fact that you're buying it from a dealer makes it even sketchier.

I trust private sellers over dealers. And there are a lot of lying ass private sellers

>paying meme tax on a 40 year old yuro shitbox

how would AA know more than your average white?

Which is the exact reason im heading out to go look at and hopefully test drive it. I know it'll most likely end up being a piece of shit but im headin over with the small hope that irs actually hidden gem

if you can get it for a thousand bucks then yes

Well he owns an e30, for starters

I am not familiar with that particular negro.

because an '86 E30 was my first car.

Race has nothing to do with it. "average white" how do you even know he is average? The fact that he's asking on Veeky Forums when he could be getting this information on r3vlimited (an E30 forum) kinda show's how he isn't using common sense.

Veeky Forums is good for shitposting and occasional photo dump threads, nothing else.

I no longer own an E30, I own an 08 civic lx sedan and a 1.8l swapped '91 miata.

I guess you ought to change the name to "that nig with a civic" or "that nig with an mx-5"

>car known for everything but the engine itself shitting the bed well before a gorillion miles
>"will it have problems?"

Yes. "Maintained" and "taken care of" are BMW fan speak for "someone replaced all the shit that broke because germans cheap out on every other part. i hope they used aftermarket instead of OEM so I don't have to do it again."

"that nig who claimed to formerly own an E30"

This

Its an E30 the problems with it are well documented, you just need to google that shit.
just a tip of the iceberg

Timing belts have to be changed Every 60k
The rechargable battieries in the gauge cluster probably need to be replaced.
All bushings and suspension parts probably need replacing

If you cannot or not willing to do 90% of the work on it yourself, then look for something becuase It can quickly become a money hole.

It's an e30 coupe, trust me when I say it will cost a lot more than that

It ain't 40 years old and people pay hundreds of thousands for older cars. What's your point?

Leave the memes at home bench racer

It's probably got an m10 engine since it wasn't a private sale. M10s have a chain driven cam and are generally bulletproof.

Replace the water pump and timing belt IMMEDIATELY and you should be fine

Replace all bushings with poly/delrin

The M20 is a damn reliable engine, so all of your issues will probably be electrical
Browse R3VLIMITED and do your own work and you'll be fine.

please dont buy an old bmw for your first car
they're nice cars but you will need a lot of money and time to keep it going

Get it on a lift and look for rust, especially under the battery. Check all the bushings and ball joints, check the wheel bearings.

Which E30, 318i, 328is, 325, 325e, 325i, 325is? Or some half done "superETA" bastardization?

If you like going slow kinda quickly then you'll get the later model 318i, if you wanna go kinda fast but still slow it'll be the 325i.

200k it'll need a refresh for sure. Valves should be adjusted every 15k, timing belt every 60k, all suspension bushings, ball joints, shocks, etc will probably need replacing unless they've been done in the last few years.

I have 300k on an m10. It's slower than slow, but still kinda quick. Forget out-pulling that stock civic on the highway, but you'll lose him in the bends.

/shrug

Some dealer is probably on the hype train, and you'll be paying their markup plus that. I wouldn't pay more than 3 grand if it wasn't mint. That'll get you a nice one on craigslist, but a dealer would probably ask 5-8 for the same car. Just the sport seats alone people are asking $1-1.5k

>318is

Any reputable forum for E39 5 series?