How doss one remove stank from car?

How doss one remove stank from car?

I recently obtained a good working Ford car and it has been sitting for 15 years.
It collected tons of mouse piss and dead animals over the years.
I have already removed the seats and carpet and then pressure washed the inside of the car too.
But it still smells bad.

Should I use chemicals and spray all over the inside?
If I put a carton of black ice in the car over a week, would it fix the problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/rodents/cleaning/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

black ice

Did you clean the headliner? Those get really nasty from rising gases of decomposition.

I have not removed it yet, but I will be next weekend because it's torn.

>it's torn.
There are probably nests in it and dead chicks or mice too.

>a good working Ford car and it has been sitting for 15 years.
Have you changed all of the fluids yet?

No, I started it, made sure the fluid was full and went straight to tearing out the seats and hooning it on a dirt road course for a lap.
It goes fine but I'll do a full service before I race it again

How much black ice should I get?
I can get it in packs of 24, so is 72 enough?
Should I get more?

>Should I get more?
Yes

But how many will do it? 100 is about $60 worth

>But how many will do it?
As much as are necessary. Make sure you unwrap them completely right from the start for maximum freshness. I also always wear one like a necklace under my shirt to stay fresh all the time.

OP here, I'll order 72 black ice for this weekend and try that.

Would it be worth it to buy a few spray cans of black ice and "paint" the floor pan with them?
I've tried the cans before In a different vehicle, but I just stabbed the can and threw it in

>15 years of mouse shit and piss and rotting animal carcasses

Yeah, that smell will never, ever go away.

Remove the seats, carpet and headliner. scrub the inside of the car. Use mold cleaner spray on the seats (spray usually has bleach, test on a portion first) and then carpet clean the carpet.

After cleaning it, throw an ozone machine in there for a few days. That will kill any smell.

>I recently obtained a good working Ford car and it has been sitting for 15 years.
>I recently obtained a good working Ford car
>good working Ford car

Do you want to know how I know you're lying?

I'd recommend Ozium. Of course you should be looking to clean surfaces and remove droppings and stuff too.

Fire.

blast it with a 2 hour dose of o-zone and then install a new carpet.

if it's in the seats, new seats and if its risen to the headliner, rewrap the headliner. Make sure you take the HVAC ducting out and give it a severe washing with spray 9 and dawn dish detergent combo. This will de-shittify any vehicle interior.

Yeah, the seats and carpet are at the landfill already.
I will be using the car for racing, and if it goes great on my road courses, I may prep it for lemons. So it doesn't need an interior. It's just that the smell won't leave, and I'm hoping it isn't in the dash.
I washed the interior with a pressure washer, but I didn't do anything like scrubbing. There isn't any droppings or nest pieces left

I'll look into an ozone machine thing.

Ill keep looking at this thread because i have a 1968 firebird i want to restore but its been in a similar state

cdc.gov/rodents/cleaning/index.html

OP here, what will happen if I combine the power of black ice with an industrial ozone generator?

you get a Darwin award

>I can get it in packs of 24, so is 72 enough?
That's not the way to deodorize cars (or other objects). Neutralizing needs something that reacts with the odor causing substances like ozone.

Anyways, there must be residue left elsewhere behind the dash, so you have to wipe the backsides of the dash with cleaning solution that also has a little bit of rubbing alcohol mixed in for cutting protein bonds via denaturing from the alcohol. That will then let the cleaning agent remove some of the residue better.

If the smell is strong, then it should be easy to track. You need to air it out quickly with all doors open like for a minute so that all the odors are out. While the doors are open, sniff down each window crack to verify that there is no decomposition odor from inside each door.

After the doors are checked, and there is no apparent smell inside the car. Quickly shut the doors while inside the car. Now begin sniffing for where the odors start to emerge. Remember that piss is liquid and thus runs down cracks and seams on the metal flooring. So there may be a low spot somewhere where it pooled and dried up with mold and bacteria. The mold and fungus will pull moisture out from the air whenever the humidity rises, thus refreshing the bacteria making the dried piss start to smell again. You'll have to clean that out of the low areas and seams.

>OP here, I'll order 72 black ice for this weekend and try that.
Don't do that. Whoever suggested black ice was joking. Covering up a smell by competing with it doesn't eliminate the source of the smell.

>It collected tons of mouse piss and dead animals over the years.
Mice get into the ductwork. They will chew holes thru plastic too. Behind the dash is a lot of good cubby resting spots for rats and mice, so you really need to remove the dash and clean out the piss and droppings behind there.

You're going to need a lot of coffee beans for sure

Ozium is an aerosol product. a can only costs $7 or so.

So you're basically telling me that I need to fill my foamer for my pressure washer with alcohol, put it on the end, and spray everything again?

The dash still worked after the first spray down, so I'm sure it will be fine for another, right?
Also I may only be able to afford the ozone generator for this weekend, I guess I'll hold off on black ice for the finisher.

If you're really cheap cover everything in baking soda, let it sit for day or two and than vacuum it.

If you want to do it right rent wet vacuum cleaner and it'll make your interior new.

>running a car with 15-year-old fluids
Holy fuck, user.

>I have a classic I can restore but I won't because it smells bad.
If that's something that gives you pause maybe you shouldn't restore cars.

2.3 Stronk.
It dont give fuck

Ozone generator.

The finished product is fine and all but its no fun to drive if it smells like mouse piss