Megane II

Is the Twingo's distant cousin any good? Going to live with it for at least 2 years. Does it have any major flaws?

Pic related

>Does it have any major flaws?
Changing a headlight bulb takes a few hours.

Also
>French electronics

The gas engines are reliable as hell. Diesels not so much.
Some maintenance repairs take longer than with other cars (oil and fuel filters in diesels come to mind).
It is a pretty good car, with some cool gadgets (like the keyless entry and start).
It is not gonna leave you on the side of the road, but expect some minor quirks, especially related to electronics.

>Does it have any major flaws?
Yes, it looks like shit

I feel dirty for saying this, but I really like the aesthetic of the Megane II (and most other early 00s Renaults)

It looks pretty cool.

A friend of mine had a diesel, but the engine shat itself, he got it repaired and now his brother drives it. On the positive side the bodywork is pretty rustproof, I would even dare to say that its better than Audi during that time.

My mom has the wagon version, I hate it because of how autistic the build quality is, it has a ton of useless 'luxury' features but EVERYTHING RATTLES, ALWAYS

of course it is rustproof when it is all plastic shit

Same here. And I'm planning on getting a Laguna II for my next car.

'08 1.5 dci here.
I actually like the design of the 3-door version: it looks better and more futuristic than most contemporary cars.
Great steering and handling.
The engine is a bit noisy but it makes 20 km per liter. If you're driving it mainly on highways it's perfect (six speed).

>makes 20 km per liter

what's that in non-retard, ie. l/100km

5 l/100km

The laguna II is most notorious for electrical problems of any regular car, if you really want that model, get a facelifted version

but the facelift version looks like shit and is not A E S T H E T I C enough

>Maths
>Maths
>Guys, there's a maths, what do

It's a big shit.

>I would even dare to say that its better than Audi during that time.
KEK

>Laguna II
>A E S T H E T I C
Pick One

I'm only going to have it for a year and buying one with a fresh inspection of course so I'm betting on it lasting.

I drive a 2004 1.5 Dci that's been in my family since 2004. Started as my dad's company car, then he bought it off them, gave it to my mom then seh drove it, and now i Drive it
Pretty good little car it is, Not alot of faults on it, it did get all the electric windows repaired at one point, and now only 3 of 4 work, the front Door Speakers are popped but that's my fault for Blasting Snythwave. The gearbox sometimes feel like it's hitting a brick when going into first, but other then that i love this thing.
It's a good car

Pic related, it had a small hit on the left rear fender/door when a guy went through a red and hit my mom, but it was a low speed accident. Will probably Repaint the while car in the future as the paint is starting to go off at places

It works and is very safe, it's not disagreeably uncomfortable either. Diesel with 6 speed is easy to operate.

You're better off with a 306 though, bonus points for a gti, it has a nicer interior and is a more involved driving experience without losing practicality.

If you're looking for comfy then consider the Xantia, Safrane, XM, 607 and 406 which can all be had for a similar price with similar engines like in those megane but better comfort, though the last 4 are also available with some excellent V6 engines if you would prefer that.

it is though

Also the 607 is fucking garbage so fuck it. The 605 is a better alternative.

It was a nice car (SW version)

Veeky Forums logic at 'work'

Probably the worst car Renault has ever built. Ugly as fuck. Unreliable as fuck. Really shitty car to fix or do manteinance on. Changing a headlight bulb is a fucking nightmare.

If it´s a gift, good luck. If you are buying it, look for something else.