Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Shitposting chatrooms:
discord.gg/5k3sVzC
telegram.me/robinhoodgeneral

-- Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using stockcharts.com, finviz, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

PREVIOUS THREAD:

WEEKEND HOLDS. ON MY DESK. RIGHT THE FUCK NOW.

PLX if you are able to trade it. Its going to run atleast 60 percent in March.

Show me the car fax

SRPT @28.60 Holding for breakout to 35 or 40.
CARA @15 again. Going long because this one may be the real deal moon mission in time.

TVIX

Laissez les bons temps rouler vis-à-vis la VIX

>VIX
Fucking why? It's been decreasing long term. It won't act up until there's a big shock.

It's cheap though...

WHY THE FUCK IS JNUG PLUMMETING? RATIONAL MARKET MY ASS.

Dude.... there is no such thing.

The market thrives off of emotion.

>JCP is closing 140 or so stores, offering early retirement

so is amazon the only retail company to invest in nowadays?
is ebay any good long term at this point?

What are yours sir

Just started this. Got aproved today. What are some recommendations if I'm just getting started and have like no money? I've started buying cheap high dividend stocks in utilities to get myself a base. Are there any cheap stocks I can look into to diversify?

NAK PTN PTX CEMP

>blph
lookin like incoming eod spike

im holding thru weekend

Goddamnit, don't you include CEMP with these pieces of shit.

this is a good time to buy marijuana stocks. they just crashed today. marijuana is still very much alive and well

I got out of that shit this morning when it was at 11.50, was down 100 Shekels and got my money back. The hell with this market I am sitting on cash and waiting for a very good dip.

>Stoners buy weed stocks.
>Have a lot of debt or poor due to laziness.
>Sell their stocks at first jump to buy weed.

How do you guys like to go about researching for daily pops? There's gotta be an easier system than mucking through seeking alpha every day. Anyone know of a good online screener?

Ptx!!!!

here is my donation to Veeky Forums, an easy and reliable technique

pull up two 1 minute charts, CNBX, and any other marijuana stock.
you have to understand that CNBX is the leader of the marijuana stocks. it has the most volume and eyes on it. whatever happens to CNBX, almost every other marijuana stocks will follow in a general sense. but they have slow reaction times because not as many eyes are on them.

for example, see my entries (green arrows) and exits (red arrows) on MNTR. use both charts for reference. when CNBX makes a low and starts to grind up, buy MNTR. when CNBX makes a high and starts to drop,sell MNTR.

you can also do this for bulk shippers - DRYS (the leader), DCIX, GLBS, SINO, TOPS, ESEA (the followers). although i don't recommend it. theyre slightly more complicated and sometimes dangerous. stick with marijuana

enjoy free money. oh wait, you're using robinhood..

>DRYS

madman.

I'm a gambling fool

arrows are here

Is $NVDA ever going back up?
>tfw holding the bag after buying at $117

>BUY MARIJUANA
BUY MARIJUANA
>BUY MARIJUANA
BUY MARIJUANA
>BUY MARIJUANA
BUY MARIJUANA

nice strategy

Why would you invest in marijuana stocks which dilute your returns, when you could just buy marijuana directly?

lol

This

you're right. i'd trade real weed if i had the opportunity. any recommendations for cheap weed dealers?

Why doesn't Robinhood have weed stocks?

Its a catholic app

Go to the nearest street named after MLK and the dealers will come to you. Be careful though, if the dealer isn't black he's probably an undercover cop.

Marijuana stocks are only available OTC, since it's technically illegal at a federal level. Robinhood only has NASDAQ and NYSE as far as I know.

Why isn't the after hour value counted as the real time value?

you cant have as much volume after hours and pre hours, because less market makers are at work. which opens up opportunity for manipulation. requires less shares bought to push up the price. a lot of hedge funds will spike the price pre-market on a shit stock, then sell a much larger number of shares to you at the open then go on vacation. XGTI, PTX, DRYS, etc.

I feel ripped off....

welcome to wall street. you're playing a game against sophisticated criminals and cons. over half of stocks under $5 are basically fake companies whose existence is simply to go public, get their stock promoted, take the investors money and retire

Im not playing with those stocks though.

That said, how do i become a wall street con myself? I want to dominate all my Veeky Forums friends in the rh thread.

then start a company, make an exciting story about how you're going to change an industry or whatever, create a pseudoscience product, etc. get gullible investors to fund it, then try to go public, pay a promoter, sell all your shares when it goes up, then half ass your company and let it die if its not worth the time, and expect everyone to just forget about it in a few years. its done all the time

Sounds doable. But how come you didn't do it if it guarantees lots of revenue?

Explain DRYS and it's "complicatedness"

Speaking of, I always had a similar idea and would it be worth it?
>Start a company
>Etc
>Stay private
>Sell PE to investor or larger company for an industry multiple
>Rinse repeat

Elizabeth Holmes, is that you?

i dont really know DRYS except for they like to finance by doing reverse splits, offerings, and repeat over and over, fucking their shareholders. that time it spiked from $4 to $120 in a few days was 100% manipulation.

if you mean how its complicated to trade DRYS followers using its chart, well sometimes whoever is trading DCIX and other tickers are very good at predicting what DRYS will do, so they sometimes even get ahead of DRYS's price action, or stop following it for a while, or throw in something weird to shake you out. generally they do all follow DRYS... just look at the 30min chart, 60min chart, daily chart. almost the same. but they're just not as easy to trade as marijuanas.

Anyone join me on my CARA call? Sitting up $270 off these last two days now. Totally made up for my botched gold play.

So if I wanted to get into this, how should I go about it? I use Robinhood because of the ease and the free trades. Is there anything like that for OTC stocks?

Okay how fucked am i?

$PTX Update strategy

Im thinking of investing more in it monday and then selling tuesday. Do you guys think it will raise all day monday and raise all the way to the bell tuesday with the current news?

everybody reads the news. if everyone could profit from the news, then who is the one losing to them? theres no edge.
PTX is a shit company. look at the chart since january. there are plenty of bag holders in PTX who will take every opportunity to get out with less loss when it goes up, all that sell power blocks it from going anywhere. thats why it opened at a high price and dropped all day on thursday.
if you want to buy the news, try something without a chart history of constant decline

It's not going to rise. Not Monday, not ever

Do you guys think CEMP is worth buying again? I sold right at its peak yesterday morning, you guys think its gonna jump again?

CERU my nigga

>chart history of constant decline
If anything, PTX is overdue for another peak. Especially with the new CEO and news of buying more bio companies
You mean like how people thought it would not hit 3.10 yeasterday?

I thinks its going to at least hit 4 by tuesday.

CERU is looking pretty dank

Introducing the Meme (((Investor))) algo. Day trades only volatile memes shilled on /rtg/

past sucess is no indicator for future performance

THOUGHTS?

It's like a roulette table :)

I think I'm going to get rekt by KTOS.

is this a website?

D-dont say that

I'm optimistic. I also have 100 shares. Other defense contractors reported 17% over projection. They've been winning contacts.

my random picks:

>potential longs
KTOS
NVAX (scary)
TASR
AMBA
BUD
COST
AMRS (hesitant...)

>potential shorts
PANW
ETSY
SHAK
MNST
ADSK

quantopian

hai anons

Hello, user.

What's the big play retarded pepe?

i owe you guis an apology

why the sudden spike only over the past couple months?

how much for it user ?

man, just stick to canadian MJ stocks, its basically confirmed that its gonna b legal here unlike in the states

Hey man, we can't always be right. We're just humans. Love ya, bud.

thanbks man

What were you wrong about?

He was wrong about DRWI

Fuck you retardedpepe, fuck you

hai anons
$TGT

pls don't tell

CEI

why was DRWI a dud?

Charts says you'll probably be at $70 or below before you see and up side but it looks like there might be a breakout soon. Just pray to the stock gods it breaks above that top green line or you'll be down to $60.

The recent spikes were due to the algo's selective picking of a trending memes (DRYS, mstx, tnxp, blph etc). I need to figure out how to scrape tickers automatically from the rgt threads so right now only the most recent tickers from the past threads were tested over a one year period hence the spikes.

If the algo actually brings consistent gains
in live trading I'll disclose my daily entry and exit points with the ticker

meant this for

Write a python script that searches for RTG threads then pick the one on w/e criteria is most important for you (number of posts, age, etc). Then scrape the thread #, then stick the thread # into a url, then use RE to pull things in these posts that are 4 characters, all caps. (maybe cross ref it against a search on something like yahoo finance too).

Then you'll want to print them to a csv in google drive so that quantopian can pull them at the beginning of the day.

boom, set it and forget it.

how do you see what times it traded at?

it made all its profit in november to jan, which suggests it took advantage of the manipulated bulk shippers, then IDXG, XGTI, ETRM which all ran 1000%+. probably something simple like "buy the dip", which naturally wouldve worked in the recent market. the recent market will not continue like that.

I'm ready to lose some money. Someone give me a crash course on how to lose as little as possible while learning as much as possible.

So when do we sell everything? Nobody in the right mind thinks that the bull market will continue forever.

Do a paper account first so you don't lose.

Or just put half into AMD so you offset the money you'll lose on the other half with memes

CERU is a pretty shit company guaranteed just by looking at its 1 year chart.
anytime you see a stock struggling to stay above $1/share, its a candidate for delisting because of nasdaq rule 5550(a)2.
if their SEC files show a negative Shareholder Equity, negative net income, and market value less than 35m,
its very likely they will try to send out fake news, do plenty of reverse splits and offerings to finance and comply with rule 5550(b), but eventually get delisted for a 100% short gain and 100% long loss.

I can imagine something like Robin Hood being quite disruptive in a smaller share-trading market like Australia.

How has it been received in those countries where it is operational? Has it been derided by the established brokers etc?

What are some non pharma weed stocks?
I found IITR

doesn't buy dips, only buys if its spiking up. (buy high with a buy stop order, sell higher with a trailing stop loss).If you do a full backtest, quantopian shows the times your order got filled. Doesn't trade before 10:30 to avoid market opening volatility and closes all positions by end of the day. I'll have to see how well it does in the actual market with live trading

Thanks friend, I was considering doing it from quantopian but your approach is more simple. Have a cronjob that runs the script every weekday. Might have to also set expiry times for each ticker.

thats interesting. i actually made a long spreadsheet about something like that. recently when low float pennystocks had basically nothing happened for days and maintained an average 1min volume of basically nothing, all the sudden have a 100k+ volume spike in a minute.. in those situations its likely to run up quite a bit. examples are MYOS, PULM, ACUR

i had a whole bunch of them on my other monitor opened, but i missed most of them when it happened. an algo would've done well at it

why did I hold cemp over the weekend

Why?

Catch PTX before tuesday!

No, it ran 20% then died... dipshits thought it was a moon mission

why?

I bought some on sharebuilder/Capitol one investing. I know. Newb. They dont sell some of them though (CBIX). What online broker sells CBIX
... Please respond.

WEED, canadian ticker for canopy growth.
APH
ACB

yeah, why?

im not browsing Veeky Forums anymore. its distracting.

i'll give away some more pro strategies:

- when a stock spikes for a few min then fades off linearly, look at level 2 and determine which market maker is the hedge fund's algorithm. its often NASD. they move every 40 seconds or so. wait until the algo's bid price moved to a 1c difference to the best ask's price, and see who gets taken out. if the best ask gets taken out, then the algo's bid stacks up along with support from other market makers, buy it for a safe high odds position. this works mostly before 11am and after 2. could work during noon hours but it won't go up much. sell when it makes a new high on the day for a quick 5-10% gain.

- sometimes you can find a promotion before it even happens. look for a stock that never trades (barely any volume, doesnt move) but suddenly hundreds of thousands of volume in 1 day. look into that day and see if there are volume columns that are the exact same (eg., 10300, 100, 450, 10300, 100, 10300) that means no other than the promoter is buying shares in preparation. get in on it and enjoy the ride about to come, but if the promoter sees too many people are buying he could get pissed off, sell it back and crash it

fundamentals and rule compliance
also, use another broker. stop using robinhood. i think it was made by market makers because they know you'll eventually pay them back for free service because you're not using a live chart, l2, time/sales tape, etc. you're blindly playing this rigged game, and your money is theirs