Red pill me on this car

Red pill me on this car.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L_TQo3yDkVo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its a disposable POS fleet truck, never meant to be driven more than 100k

It's not a car. It's a pickup

my dad has one thats beat to shit hitting 300k miles and he won't get rid of it....

good to know, thanks.

Toyota fleet tacomas are better and last longer.

fun as hell when manual.

It's 4-cyl gets 18 mpg.

I saw one get some air over the bump in an intersection down the road last month.

How did ford manage to do this?

proofs?

>Paying 10k+ for a used truck

my 4cyl taco gets 17mpg

>2.7L and 33's

Having to keep throttle wide open to move the thing?

Rcr parrot pls go

>Anonymous 11/07/17(Tue)17:35:53 No.18172024▶
>File: rick-harrison-laughing-57(...).jpg (32 KB, 900x900)
>
>>Paying 10k+ for a used truck
>>>
> Anonymous 11/07/17(Tue)17:38:31 No.18172033▶
>
>my 4cyl taco gets 17mpg
sad!

This guy is right. They are used up by 100k, so if you have one with around 100k on it you should put up on CL for $750 right now.

>Public Service Announcement

22mpg is the lowest I've ever done with my 94 5spd, and part of that was towing a trailer.

I just bought one at 100k.

Oh noes. What a huge world of pain you are in for. You should have saved up another $10k and bought a Toyota. That Ranger is going to kill you in repairs for things like spark plugs, wiper blades, batteries, tires, brake pads. Maybe even an Oxygen sensor.

very good, get the 4cyl tho

These two are fucking retards, if you go on any Ford website you will find lots of people with Rangers, 4cyl, v6, pushing 250k. The 4cyl seems slightly more reliable and you should always get it unless you need to tow something heavy which you should get the big v6

I would get the taco tho, I found one for $3700 @ 170k miles. Required 1800 in repairs to get everything good but otherwise has been a solid daily.

I got a 1994 one in a Miami dolphins green down here in Florida.
About 150k miles on it for 1500.
I've had it 3 months about and I love my POS.
It is what it is man especially by this year. I bought it to learn manual and so i wouldn't care for it. It's gotten me from point a to b and I can out shit in the back of it.
Personally I love it.
Had to buy 4 new tires and an airflow sensor.
The brake lights came on recently but it drives fine so far.
V6 4.0 splash baby

depends on the engine itself too
the Vulcan is a piece of shit

My ranger experience has been great. Mines got 160k miles and still runs like a champ and I beat on it pretty hard. It's just needed normal maintenance like air filter, brakes, bushings etc.
Fuck off RCR

> (You)
>These two are fucking retards, if you go on any Ford website you will find lots of people with Rangers, 4cyl, v6, pushing 250k.

STFU I'm trying to help people get trucks with 200k miles of life left in them for cheap. I'm going to need a replacement when mine hits 300k and I whack a deer. DON'T RUIN IT.

A very durable piece of shit, but not an efficient or powerful piece of shit. It's got the torque for an OK truck engine, but the 4.0 Cologne has more power and torque, without much of an MPG penalty, The 4.0 has some lubrication issues that hurt it vs the Vulcan for longevity.

>lubrication issues
What do you mean?

Literally not true
I have had one as a daily plus as a work truck for the past 7 years with 180K + on it. Hardly ever needed repairs and is still running plenty well.
Probably because they are pretty good little trucks. Plus, no one really sells compact trucks anymore. Everyone wants the new and improved (bigger chassis) models.

Don't listen to

not him, but i have a cologne 2.9 v6, an older version of the 4.0. They (the 2.9) are known to develop lifter tick due to not getting enough oil to the lifters, the oil feeds through a single small hole. mine only does it when i rev the piss out of it or drive on the highway. the oil pressure drops when it goes back to idle but it'll sort itself out after a couple minutes (sometimes almost immediately after leaving the highway, sometimes it wont tick at all) of moderate driving. some people put diesel oil in and claim it reduces the tick, others will put in lighter oils. i just use 5w-30 and change it regularly. i've heard of people getting 300-400k+ miles out of them so its not really a huge issue, just annoying. mines at 175k (i think) but the occasional seafoam treatment in the oil plus regular oil changes should keep them quiet

No there not there garbage
a 4 liter ranger is much better and much much less expensive

get the 4 liter don't touch the 3 liter

its the next best option from a toyota. at least get the mazda badged one for weeb street cred.

RCR didn't ACTUALLY say that, did he? Because good fucking god that's incorrect.

youtu.be/L_TQo3yDkVo

They take abuse well. Ran a 4.0 completely out of water once until the engine locked up. Let it cool off and filled it back up. Drove it another 5 years after that. Saying a ohv 4.0 isn't reliable is a joke.

Good fucking god.

I blew a core plug and lost all of my coolant in my 2.9 revving the shit out of it, steam coming out of the hood. drove it like that for 15 minutes until I got home and could take it to the mechanic down the road. it's been fine 3 years later. it lost coolant regularly until I put stopleak in it and hasnt gone down any since, they're definitely tough motors

Pretty good pickup, probably the best of the light trucks alongside the older Tacomas. Fairly easy in some aspects to work on and there's a good supply of aftermarket parts for cheap. Every now and then there's some troubles with it but that's the reality of a pickup truck, better know how to work on it. If you don't want an F150 or a Silverado 1500 then get a Ranger, not a bad investment if you can find one without rust. Most of them are rusted out beaters that want 2k for them. Hard to find a decent quality one under 5k.

I don't think I've ever talked to somebody with a ranger who didn't like it

bullshit these trucks are the biggest pieces of shit maybe in the late years they got slightly better but if you're telling me your ranger didn't spit out it's oil pan gasket you're a lying son of a bitch

>spit out it's oil pan gasket

I've literally never heard of this issue ever occurring

google it, the vulcan is notorious for this, some cases are worse than others and you'll lose a quart a week

thanks a lot man, I've been looking for a pickup and it's good to know stuff like this.

Ford Rangers of ANY years are piece of dog shit.

Same can be said for any domestic pickup whether it be a Chevy S10 and that god awful Dodge Dakota.

The Toyota Tacoma could easily outlast that hunk of junk in no problem.

My co worker had one of these POS rangers it would fuck up every other week and he would ask me for a ride home

Bullshit, they probably replace those engines which is typical for a Ford vehicle.

I don't know what I'm talking about the post

I can't come up with a proper counterargument the post

He's a namefag. His opinion has as much value as the crusty dingleberries on my asshole

but he's right the ranger is a turd on all accounts

No it's not

Oh you deluded domesticuck.

Rangers are pieces of heap shit. Why people buy them is beyond me.
>hurrr hes a name fag, his opinions are automatically disregarded

absolute state of (You)

Where is the evidence?

I'm not spoonfeeding you. You know how to Google search shit, do it yourself.

You have to prove your own argument.

I have a 94' 3.0v6 5spd with 204k. I've been waiting for this thing to take a shit for 60k so I can buy a new beater. I put minimal maintenance into it. And I've been holding out on replacing the clutch for about a year. I'm probably going to change it this month.
The thing is the only other 4x4 truck I know that gets 20+mpg are big diesel trucks. It seems like a waste of money to get a diesel for a beater

But that Toyota tax is outrageous. They're not worth the price. The only reason they sell is because the toy fan boys are dumb enough to buy them and pay for a meme. The dealerships won't even stand by them past their standard two year warranty.

I've owned a Tacoma for 8 years, its worth every penny I've put into, which hasn't been much.
It's an '05 and just this year in January Toyota replaced the rear leaf springs as part of a recall, so I'm not sure where you got the 2 year thing from.
In the 8 years I've owned it I've spent probably less than $2k in parts, not including wear and tear maintenance items like oil, filter, brakes. It currently has 165,xxx miles on it.
Water pump and u-joints are the biggest mechanical problems I've had with it.

my ranger also has 160k and all it's really needed are shocks, bushings and ball joints and the upper intake manifold gasket. I've added some other niceties like better skid plates and high end shocks but otherwise the thing's solid. I'm sure tacomas are great but I think rangers have them beat in the truck per dollar category.

Toyotars are overated garbage
Might Max=Ranger>S10 (that fuel pump)>>Toyota>dakota

Your truck isn't even broke in yet and your already putting money into it? My ram has 324k and I've done a clutch, which is arguably a wear and tear product. P

this is the only true statement in this thread, the Ranger is GOAT