/ovg/ - iRacing is the only real simulator edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. FUCKING READ IT FOR FUCKS SAKES unless you're a dumb American in which case you're not gonna read it, instead you're gonna go on Mumble and ask questions that are already answered there and everyone's gonna think you're a fucking moron, but you don't care, you're gonna post your dumb question in the thread and because this community is full of full blown, braindead morons, you're gonna get spoonfed and never learn anything and everyone will hate you:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing GT Sport and ARCA on Weekends! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=536213780

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/hXmJrJr
i.4cdn.org/gif/1509991456343.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Name a better game

second for RR3

>join WAT1
did somebody say real racing?

Anyone have SpinTires? It's on sale for $4.49 and I'm thinking about buying it. Is it the type of game that you can kind of get lost in and lose track of time for a couple hours?

>Is it the type of game that you can kind of get lost in and lose track of time for a couple hours?

>138h on record
>33h on MudRunner
yeah, you could say that

Can anyone remember that racing game for the PS2 where you had to choose the navigator you wanted in your car for some street race and one of them had a voice designed to masturbate to?

Only get SpinTires if you're upgrading to MudRunner

a better game

Can I get a link to the wiki

discord.gg/hXmJrJr

what would be a better budget wheel, a Logitech Driving Force GT or a Logitech MOMO wheel?

been using the DFGT for years now, pedals feel "ehh", but I only race ovals so its not a huge deal for me. The wheel itself is durable, I've dropped it and abused it for years and it still runs fine. recommend it

The pedals might not be an issue. I'm not sure the one im looking at even comes with them

How do we fix Rally 2000?

Empty recycle bin

Restore coreshaders.mas

Let's say, hypothetically, I have never played racing games/sims before and, hypothetically, know next to nothing about cars. How would I go about knowing how to tune and configure cars in these games to improve my times? GT Sport, btw.

on that note, what pedals are compatible with the DFGT?

Raise the ride height as much as possible, and make the springs as tight as possible, and the anti-roll bars as tight as possible.
Raise tire pressures to max, and put on as much positive toe and camber as the game will allow.

sick drift car build dude

be patient and get good, you can't set up if you don't know how to drive. for example, you won't gain time from optimizing corner exit if you enter every corner too fast or something

i guess it won't hurt you to try this flowchart though

Buy blackflag.pdf

You'll drop your lap times much faster by borrowing other people's setups and learning to go fast first.

>drift
>positive camber

hey man lack of grip is lack of grip bro

depends on exactly how slow you want to go

>tfw #72 of the STi
also new specialty dealer cars are out, rebenton is only 1 mil and some change.

Yeah, I'm still figuring out the driving itself, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Only racing games I've played is Wipeout and this is way different. And I've found a website that has some builds but it's still a work in progress.

Still kind of lost when it comes to times but I'm still focusing on doing clean laps. Is there a good track to pick with a variety of corners and speeds so that I don't have to go to the loading screen after every tweak?

>tfw 1131 of the riced murci
2 slow

Magnificent Park

nordschleife

what tires to use for dirt in beamNG?

radial T/A's are a dissapoint

Nordschleife

I'm thinking of getting NFS Payback on PS4 if it drops below $40, good idea? Or should I not even touch it?

nsfw underground 2

rally tires are on the oz racing lookalikes that i cannot remember the name of

God the dirt tracks in GT Sport feel like they're fucking ice rinks.

How do i go faster?

Smoothness.

Post Malone?

I feel bad for anyone that didn't get this car when they had the chance. It's freaking good once you tune it right. Doesn't quite have the top end of some other cars but the cornering speeds make up for it. Kinda eats tires though, it used about 4.5% of the tires per lap.

>Filesize is lower than mine despite having much larger dimensions
How? Is it because of the relatively homogeneous background?

It's got a 60 on metacritic, better to wait for a sale.

Yes. His image is blurry and most of it is the same color. Yours is in sharp focus and has many colors.

his image has much less dynamic range and less detail despite being higher in resolution, it plays perfectly into what jpg is built to do

>tfw no racing sims with landbarges

A few places have it listed at $30 for black friday.

people play racing sims to drive cars they never could in real life, not ones they try to avoid

Not him, but what about GT Sport?

Is there a custom grid tool for PCars2 yet?

Is it worth it to get a wheel setup if I'm just going to be using it at my desk with an IKEA Markus?

I'm on PC mostly playing casual trash like Forza and the F1 games, haven't used a wheel in years, wouldn't mind picking up one that isn't silly expensive to try it out.

Depends on how much you enjoy racing vidya.
Even if it's a shit wheel and pedals it still adds some immersion with you having to turn a wheel and use your feed for pedals.
If you get a Force feedback wheel then that's more immersion as well.
>wouldn't mind picking up one that isn't silly expensive to try it out.
What's expensive to you?

I'd assume there will be places with it in the same ballpark.

I dunno, is $200-300 or so too poverty spec? Seems some wheels are pretty expensive.

That's pretty average. Get yourself a G27 secondhand if you can, that's still probably the best bang for you buck and should be easily within that price range.

ty pham

Again the big question is how big of a thing is racing as a hobby to you. If you plan to be playing only racing for a lot of time, then getting something better quality might be good.
If it's a passing thing and you are a casual, then getting a cheap wheel for under 50$ is good, wear it down to the ground and then decide if you want to invest into a good wheel.

>Trying to block in the airstrip section of the Top Gear track
Can players be that stupid?

Did they fix the stuttering on this piece of shit yet? I've been waiting to play it since forever.

it works on my machine

they fixed the single formula E car being able to get into A-Class though.

>getting a cheap wheel for under 50$
I might just do this to try it out, anyone got any recommendations around that price point?

>it works on my machine
I've tried it on three systems (only the demo though) and they all have the same stuttering problem :/

It's like FH3 used to have before they fixed it.

How do i become the shitter of forza?

FH3 stutters like ass on the same computer that runs FM7 perfectly fine so I don't know what to tell you.

FH3 used to stutter like ass for me but they fixed it and it's smooth as butter now.

Can I sue polyphony digital for no ecoboost?

Just so you understand that anything that isn't using a halls sensor will wear out eventually, this goes double for cheap wheels. So you aren't looking for huge quality or durability, rather convenience.
Things to look for in a cheap wheel.
The method of securing the wheel/pedals to the surface. Some come with clamps and that should be fine, the ones that come with suction cups will require heavy duty ducktape to keep in place during heavy racing. Almost all pedals will require ducktape to keep in place, unless you enjoy shit sliding away slowly over the course of a race.
Shiftier: You should try to get one with a sequentsial shifter if you can, or paddles if you can't.
Wheel rotation, you should get 180-270 total deg of rotation on cheap wheels, anything less than that is garbage among garbage.

Lastly check used wheels first, the Logitech Driving Force GT is one of the cheapest bang for buck you can get, so if you see a used one that you can get near you, you should consider that as an option before you go to any kind of store.

>ovals on forza

it's like you're trying to get wrecked

who here /civic still in fwd/

drivetrain swaps are for faggots

>He doesn't like AWD, V12 swap cars
Why even play?

>turning every car into a lambo with a bodykit
fucking boring

print PHSYICS.TXT

pcars 2 just needs the old and new daytona prototypes, Sebring, Atlanta, the FLM09, and maybe a couple other things I'm forgetting, and we could run a full-autism IMSA replica series.

best buy has the g29/g920 + shifter for $200 right now

is that how a christian dab looks like?

The worst type of play desu, why even drive different cars if you're just going to swap everything out and tune them into the same thing? Absolutely tasteless tryhard homofaggotry.

Have you tried the "tie some bungie cord through the pedals" """""mod""""?

What about people who drive only stock cars and never tune them?

at least then they're trying a variety of driving styles

>being so triggered by a simulator you don't like that you try changing facts by calling it 'arcade'
the state of some people here

what

REMINDER to all new forza, gts and pc2 players to not complain about realistic pro driver techniques used in their races.
i.4cdn.org/gif/1509991456343.webm

how 2 get gud and taking off? (forza horizon 3)

unless I'm using AWD which is ez mode I can't get taking off with FWD or RWD right, I either end up with shitloads of wheelspin or take off slowly as fuck

has anyone ever given a shit about that list
it's not like anyone's actually keeping them updated

>has anyone ever given a shit about that list
and yet it's been edited

as if the whole "arcade - simcade - sim" """"classification"""" has any merit to begin with

>being so triggered you need validation on a wiki page

Literally keep trying until you find how much throttle is needed to just barely avoid wheelspin.

>pointing out factual errors is needing validation
it's not even alphabetically in the correct position
but who needs facts or any correctness on a wiki anyway

traction control on

>it's not even alphabetically in the correct position
It's not supposed to be. It's in order of relevancy.
Your opinion of a game is not a fact.

>It's not supposed to be. It's in order of relevancy.
where is James and his mental well being advice when you need him

Barely makes a difference

Plus tcs is trash

>falling for bait

>post something wrong
>get corrected
>"it was bait lol"
the new and improved "I was only pretending to be retarded"

>It's not supposed to be
After the moving of Rallyshit2k to its correct category it's not alphabetical, it's just by relevancy which makes sense. This part of the wiki hasn't been changed yet to show this but is fairly easy to figure out for anyone who has high enough IQ