Holio mother of fuck I want one of these in my car so badly, but they're so expensive

Holio mother of fuck I want one of these in my car so badly, but they're so expensive.

youtube.com/watch?v=dZ0l7dzB0y0&t=119s&ab_channel=SathyanT

>listening to chill beats at night with comfy 80's equalizer glow
Why is the world so cruel?

Other urls found in this thread:

page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e248449065
page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f237955289
page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p561932016
page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g238925057
japamart.com/yahoo_auction/yahoo_auction_search.php?category=2084024070
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

visual equalizers are cool but don't limit your sound quality to shitty cassette tapes

You're right, but a 3.5mm isn't going to be much better either.

posted this in two other threads, but yeah i can't wait either.

here is mine getting repaired at the moment.
been told its the same as your vid, or a slightly lower spec model. outside it looks exactly the same, as you can see.

if you want quality, then don't get retro decks.

retro decks provide maximum comfy and 80's late night cruising.

and here is the one in my now parts car.

its a kenwood krc2000

make sure you get some cool coloured cassettes as well.

multi coloured, clear, metal reels, they look so good.

Dude, that's awesome. I'm damn jelous

i suggest you find a place so you can browse yahoo auctions japan.

they always have heaps of cool car decks on their. not cheap, but alot cheaper than those same decks on ebay.

you'll be able to get a nice set of deck and graphic equaliser easy if you're a bit patient.

i used japamart to buy a few things recently, worked out really well, would recommend.

Thanks for the info. I'll certainly be looking. When I got my car, the previous owner ripped out the comfy stock cassette player and put in some new age bullshit. I've dealt with it for a couple years, but now that I have some extra coin, I would just love to replace it.

yeah, period correct is key. do it m8

here are these, just spent 1 minute browsing it.
just an idea of what is out there.
page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e248449065

page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f237955289

page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p561932016

page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g238925057

just browse, find one you like and buy the cunt.

Hey is the international shipping from yahoo japan reliable or are lots of the sellers scam artists?

My buddy from China works as a Japanese translator and has a Japanese credit card so I might ask him to help me buy something.

could do that i guess, will save you the commission money. you can still just use one of those sites to browse it, easier than trying to do it via google translate.

you buy stuff from yahoo japan via a third party website. you give the third party money, then bid/buy shit, they pay them, out of your money, charge a commission and get the item shipped to their address, they then send you a shipping invoice and you pay it.

sounds alot more complicated than it was.

is there a way to have completely retro forward face, and to have a USB stick in the glovebox with your high quality shit, while maintaining retro capability (keeping radio, cassette)?
I feel like you could if you had a toggle to switch between radio and digital. put that switch in the glovebox, and when it's on, the radio control on the headunit would switch input to the digital media. when the glovebox toggle is off, the radio setting on the headunit will play the radio of course.

of course I have no idea how to do this.

maybe just have your retro deck in the main spot then put a new one under a seat/glovebox etc and have them both run to an amp to power the speakers? i think that would be possible?

this makes a lot more sense than fucking with a perfectly good old school unit
I have to research this more

FM transmitter or check if the unit has an input of some kind. If it's new enough it'll have some sort of jack for a CD changer or whatever that you can rig an aux input to.

>if you want quality buy something newer
>proceeds to spend a thousand dollars for A S S D E A D D I C K S
This is hipster bullshit

My BEQ 08E, took a year to find it, still haven't put it in yet

Yes, use the aux in for a CD changer, that's how mine is setup, with a 1000 ohm resistor to allow the deck to think it is connected to a changer instead of just an RCA in. Later decks use a 5v signal so you can just step down 12v to 5v on the ignition on circuit and send it into the CD changer check pin. There's lots of ways to do it, that's just one of them.

Who the fuck puts one in an E39 tho, already has a cassette deck too

I am eternally grateful

>When you don't understand the feeling of cruising late at night in an aesthetic 80's meme mobile with a comfy-ass equalizer deck

I feel sorry for you, user. You should try it sometime.

I did when I was a kid cruising withy dad in his '82 FB, then his current baby '88 Carrera Targa
You are like a little babby, you know nothing of A E S T H E T I C S

These are great. I'd honestly start hunting but I have so much other shit that's leaking into my budget so I'm gonna just stick with the OEM shit. In a perfect world I'd get a dual shaft alpine cassette deck with a graphic EQ for that green goodness

>wanting period correct gear is assdeaddicks

kys pleb.

go put your 21 inch spinners on your 71 mustang you piece of trash.

wow this is wonderful

the green glow of the interior from the dash and center clock is so nice...
shame the previous owner of my car put in this blinding blue thing, but thankfully you can turn off the backlight

Keked. You're probably right. My parents weren't much for cool cars, so I never got that when I was younger. But the deck in the '84 944 I used to DD was pretty cool. I drive an '85 Starion Flatty now, which is the ultimate A E S T H E T I C machine.

I mean I get where you're coming from because you discovered this and like it, I grew up with it and while I didn't hate it, it's not an aspect that I would focus on when doing a car, I just prefer a modern cabin and that includes the I.C.E

Yeah right you're not my dad.
Post the car, that looks like an MR2.

>Yeah right you're not my dad
Depends, where were you born?

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from as well. For me, it was kind of a novelty, because my family always drove shitty econo-people movers. When I found my love for the 80's aesthetic cars, that nostalgic glow of the stereo became a huge turn on for me.

this is the krc2000 in my now parts adub.

the krc99 is going in my new one.

Ok so i have a blaupunkt bremen rcm 127. Got a 3.5mm adapter off ebay. Uses 3 pins in the blue iso adapter. The head will go into aux but i get no sound. Wat do?

Have always wanted an AW11, but currently own an '82 280zx

Still gotta say, nice!

The aux pins are in the wrong pins on the connector. I had the same issue with mine. Find the pinout of your deck and figure out where Aux in + and - are and move the pins.

Its pinned to 18 19 and 20 which is correct. Should the ground be run to the chassis? Its in the 3.5mm jack now.

Do i have to also jumper 13 to 20 to get it to think its a cd in?

Can anyone recommend a head unit that has the retro look but is modern? I'm looking for bluetooth or aux at a minimum, but still with the old school style and hopefully visual EQ

Oh I thought you were able to change to that source already. If you can't change to the source yes you will have to jump two pins, but you'll have to find out which one is expecting the signal. It's probably looking for 5v so you will need to use a resistor or a 12v to 5v converter between the pins.

Cassettes are capable of CD quality audio reproduction.

Try a nakamichi deck.

Not analog tapes, only DATs

Well it has an aux setting. I tried hooking up my walkman and if i max out the volume on the walkman and head you can just barely hear it through the front speakers.

Referencing the chart i posted which pins want 5v?

>"but they're so expensive."
lol how expensive could they be
>$2000 for a tape deck from the 1980s

Vapor wave was a mistake

>tfw too tall for an aw11

I guess I can always get a gen 2

mainly because that video went viral, you can pick up other brands competitors for it a fair bit cheaper.
how tall? i'm 6'3/6'4 and i fit in mine fine with stock seats.

bumping for recommendations

atm I have this in my fiesta and i FUCKING hate how it looks

tfw 28 year old sound system that sounds like shit and cant even tune into a station without interference.
feelsbadman.json - would rather buy a fartcan and go do some rallying then replace it though

What else was around back then?

of the super cool decks, pioneer kpx, keh, kenwood kxc, kgc, alpina tda

best bet is to search the jap auction house, see something that looks cool (will suite your car) and research it as best as you can.

this is my period correct (1996) JDM Nakamichi MD-45Z Minidisc player/radio modified for north american frequencies. has a pretty good DAC and all the rcas to feed my amp and aux in the back.

heres a closer pic. wish my clock was amber :(

What is the voltage output of the RCAs?

4v according to the internet

got any MDs?

thinking about getting a collection of super eurobeat minidiscs for that nostalgia

lel, that sounds pretty good
Do they sell that on Yahoo auctions as well?

>but a 3.5mm isn't going to be much better

nibba what

just figure out a way to make them.

thats what i do with all my cassettes. got them all sitting on my desk atm, got to find time to make a bunch of new ones, bit over some of them at the moment, will definitely be making a euro beat one, and a 80's japanese pop one at least. then a bunch of late 80's, early 90's house music ones (already got these, but want to redo them) an 80's pop chart one. then just a bunch of misc ones, my fav songs, mrs fav songs etc etc

Yeah, but how would he accomplish that without a MiniDisc burner? That's at least another $500 for one of those

japamart.com/yahoo_auction/yahoo_auction_search.php?category=2084024070

start browsing i guess?

So spend more money to support a medium that was deprecated 5 years after it's launch for the sake of period correctness? How is this not hipster garbage again?

i dunno guys, this seems like a lot of effort for what would amount to more or less just an internet joke.

thinking about going full digital with a bluetooth receiver hooked up behind the dash. thoughts?

its up to you. do what you want. i like period correct. feels right slotting a cassette into a 80's cassette deck, in an 80's car. let alone all the stuff in the car geared towards cassettes. (the width/size of some of the storage compartments fits them perfectly)

i mean, if you're against getting a md burner, why not just a get a cassette/cd player in one? MD's are early 90's really, so cd players in cars where around then anyway. just get a cool looking cd player and burn away.

i like period correct appearence and sensibilities.
do you run new old stock tires frm the 80's? no because new tires are leagues better and the appearance is the same. i like having my period correct radio for its looks and functionality, but i would prefer it to work as well as modern units. mini discs would be fun for car shows but im not really about that anyways, having wireless access to millions of songs just makes sense to me.
im just wondering if modern bluetooth systems support a high enough bitrate to not sound like shit hooked up to rca in.

It's really hard to find a newer head unit that fits in an early 80's car. I really don't want disgusting lights flashing and contrasting with my amber and green dash.

those knobs are sexy

I'd love to have something that looks better but can't give up all dem bands, the active crossovers and the ipod control. Plus S/PDIF for the cd changer

That's a nice deck you got there

thats the exact reason i went with my nakamichi.
you can get head units from the 80s with rca input in the back then connect an aux-in through the back and route it into a cubby or whatever. you can also connect hidden modules for bluetooth and handsfree calling very easily.
any unit meant to connect to a separate CD changer, cassette deck or EQ should have those inputs.

Why hasnt a company released a classic looking tape deck with a bluetooth connection

electronics are only profitable at scale.
market is tiny.

why dont you do it?