EVE Online General /eog/

>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator" and "NEET Space Gods".

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/63328886/
zkillboard.com/kill/48612684/
zkillboard.com/kill/48007219/
youtube.com/watch?v=p7Ak1uy76go
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The capacitor is empty

t3s are fine

The moros is fuckin shit and the nag is better in every way

>Fozzies changes are actually based.

Is it opposite day?

>She recently fell victim to a dastardly attack by Icelandic thugs

She just made it up.

What did he mean by this
zkillboard.com/kill/63328886/

>unkillable t3s are fine, they're getting a sig radius increase

Can someone explain to me why the Heretic uses missiles and not small lasers?

why should it use lasers?

Sub-racial flavour. Khanid ships use missiles.

>anshar
>creo dron

They explain it in the ship description.

>At the end of days when they descend Watch for the coming of the Ark For within it Salvation is carried. -The Scriptures, Apocalypse Verses 32:6 Developer : Carthum Conglomerate Carthum ships are the very embodiment of the Amarrian warfare philosophy. Possessing sturdy armor and advanced weapon systems they provide a nice mix of offense and defense. On the other hand, their electronics and shield systems tend to be rather limited.

I just found it odd how there are two missile interdictors and none that are bonused for lasers
Eris=Hybrid turrets
Flycatcher=missiles
Saber= Projectile
Heretic=missiles

you'd end up with 90% of amarr ships using lasers if everything with only 1 type of ship just defaulted to lasers

It's like the vengeance and sacrilege. Made by the khanid. Also notice that the heretic has a better cap regeneration, same with sacrilege

I mean the sacrilege has better cap regeneration than the zealot which imo is retarded

Also same with the damnation

>About to fall for the super ratting meme

Help

Will eve ever be good again? It was good 2006-2011 but then it died with a whimper. I have not heard it mentioned outside of eve-specific locations in years.

>muh games journalism
>muh r/gaming

Jump Drive Calibration V

Cloaking V

Been back a month or so and I really fucking hate what ancillary reps/boosters have made trying to kill people before their gang arrive and frig pvp in general. Either splash 10m mod on a frigate or lose to every other ancillary boost/rep fit

Since Amarr specializes in lasers I don't see how that's a problem.

it's more fun if other weapon types actually get used. amarr especially suffer from all their ships being basically the same

>Homogeneity is bad

>having 2 valid weapon systems for a race is bad

Race is a social construct

>the worst and most boring weapon in the game

Lasers are actually fun, when in fleets when your FC fucks up and puts you 50km from enemy fleet but you're all carrying emp M, I just switch instantly from multifreq to standard M while everybody else is
still changing ammo.

>M

you'd better be flying a beam harb

don't fly frigates

multiboxing client when

>Ares

What's the point?

Who the fuck would agree to that?

I'm fairly new to the game, and looking for a corp to join.

I heard that Goons are from SA. Are they as bad in game as they are on the forums? I don't want to play with a bunch of shrieking perma-butthurt trannies and activists.

Depends. Some people are chill/cool while many others are insufferable brats.

Note that if you do join Goons, you have to carry that stigma everywhere you go, because >grr fuck goons

I don't want another hobby to be infested and fractured with politics.

What's the most chilled out (decent sized, with lots of people online at most times) corp to join then? Surely there must be a place for guys who just want to drink beer and shoot the shit in peace.

>because >grr fuck goons
actually it's because they've made an effort to let everyone know for the last 10 years in eve that they're massive autistic fags

In EVE Online, "Goons" is really shorthand for Goonswarm Federation. One of the corporation in Goonswarm Federation is primarily made up of SA members (Goonwaffe) but there are also a ton of people that don't even know SA exist.

For that matter, not all SA members that play EVE are in Goonswarm Federation.

>even EVE players think that they're too autistic
Jesus... Exactly how bad are we talking here?

So a lot of them are OK? Fair enough, I guess I won't dismiss them all out of hand then.

The leadership is all from SA though, right?

>The leadership is all from SA though, right?

No. I don't know why it would be.

Most chilled out is probably Pandemic Horde.
They're so chill that they don't even have application requirements.

I thought they were founded there or something. Maybe I'm just confused.

Thanks bro, that sounds good. Fuck all of this API shit.

Is there much of a market for ISK RMT? Is it possible to make some cash selling ISK for $?

Goons are hated because we're the best. A lot of goons go out of their way to cultivate butthurt and salt, which leads to a lot of impotent anger. Thus, "grr fuck goons".

>I thought they were founded there or something. Maybe I'm just confused.

A lot of them are in positions of responsibility but not all of them. AFAIK the determining factors are whether you want to bother doing thankless shit, most of the others in charge don't outright hate you, and you don't majorly fuck up too often.

>Goons are hated because [...] a lot of goons go out of their way to cultivate butthurt and salt

So it's the corp for autistic 14 year old griefers, got it.

9/10 bait, almost got me

Good to know. Not that I'm in any way interested in leading a corp, but thanks anyway.

>Thanks bro, that sounds good. Fuck all of this API shit.
Because of the open doors policy, consider everyone a spy because every fucking one has alts in horde just to fuck with the locals.

Makes sense, thanks for the advice.

Aww did your autopiloting freighter get popped? Thanks for proving my point; the salt never ends.

>Hurrr we go out of our way to grief people lmao looks like u mad xD

WOW WHERE DO I SIGN UP

you are not good at anything. you go around being fags, people call you fags, then you make le funny grr goons meme

You might not get into any real corporation without an API desu

>18k players
ded

>wah where is the content
>why don't you make your own content?
>REEE CCP GIMME CONTENT
fucking wow players

So I'm trying to decide on which blops battleship I want to train into. I've already ruled out the window because ecm and low damage is lame, even if the ship looks nice. The sin seems like it's the most practical choice, but I don't like the design and drones feel boring to use. So basically, should I get a panther or redeemer?

I agree that if everyone who whined about "muh content" went out, took initiative, and actually did something the game would be in a better place. However, a lot of people are looking for larger scale content, like wars and cap brawls. Things that are hard to cause if you aren't a major player in game, which requires a lot of time and investment. And you can't deny that CCP isn't at least partially at fault for making these big conflicts less common.

Panther

Panther will have the most ability and utility.

Able to fit MJD, MWD, scram, web and cap booster makes it better than the redeemer even though the redeemer does more damage and more tank

train all battleships to V, they're more useful than autistic blops shit. panther and redeemer have dronebays too btw

You're fucking retarded

>you are not good at anything.

They have folks who are good at doing all the boring shit so that the vast majority don't have to. Some of what I've seen makes them look better organized than actual real world companies I've worked for.

I'm not

Sin

What makes the sin so liked? The slot layout?

>RvB 3 years ago
>Brawling at gates/stations fucking everywhere with half the people not even in fleet
>Could find fights all TZ around

>RvB now
>Nothing but max tank Mallers/Moas with small weapon systems sitting on undocks/gates
>Cant have anything bigger than a cruiser to kill them before agression timers run out
>They cry because of lack of content

lf new corp

From what I've read, you can fill the highs with neuts and let the drones do all the damage. Makes it great for soloing and let's you fully select damage.

Raw utility

shield tank, max damage in lows, neuts in the highs Or conversly, utility in the mids, max armor tank, neuts in the highs

don't even try to fit guns, you fucking can't it has literally not enough PG for guns at all

>"soloing"
>black ops

>you can fit all heavy neuts in the highs, but you don't have the fitting for guns even though they use less

>if you take all your guns off, you can fully select damage types

/eog/ says the darndest things

you get 4 guns and a 25% damage bonus, it gives you fuck all for extra DPS, like 200 tops, you can't fit ions and you can't fit neutron blaster cannons so you're stuck with shitty short range electrons that do fuck all. Its far better to just fit neuts

>zkillboard.com/kill/48612684/
No I'm totally sure its worth gimping your entire fit for fucking guns

zkillboard.com/kill/48007219/

non-travel fit

>No one uses gunless sins
>No one drops blops solo

>guns
>on sin
>ever

>a gun with a 25% damage bonus is not worth the fitting if I'm only fitting 4 of them
>if I can fit 6 of them they magically become better per fitting

>I jump to a cyno but I am solo, the cyno ship is totally not with me

The other blops have better fitting and/or their guns use less fitting.

You can't even do dual prop set up, you can't even fit neuts at all in your 2 fucking empty highslots

not even a cap booster which is the most important part

>I can't fit tachyons, better just take all my highs off and fit salvagers

You're fucking retarded

Just look through zkill losses. Almost every sin has few or no guns. It's just a fact. Also, 95% of people would view dropping a lone blops to be solo work and if you don't then you're being intentionally retarded

No guns here on the best solo-sin pilot in the game

youtube.com/watch?v=p7Ak1uy76go

>the best way to fit a ship is to copy the most popular losses on zkill
>It's just a fact
>95% of people think 2+ ships and 2+ characters is solo, you must be retarded if you don't agree with this statistic I imagined

So what sin fit do you use that uses a full rack of guns and outperforms other fits? Surely you use such a fit yourself, otherwise you wouldn't be making such bold claims against common tactics

>doing exactly what the best people are doing?
>no way that could ever lead to any success, no way, better take a fit from the shittiest most retarded fits ever, they gotta be the real experts

>implying I took part in blops gameplay more than a couple of times before selling that aids-ridden piece of shit
>if you call someone a retard lots of times then they are making 'bold claims'

>the best people
>this reddit video got all the upvotes, better copy the fits instead of making my own using my own skill and game knowledge

>Hmm, who should I trust?
>The consensus of people who regularly fly this ship successfully
>Or my gut feeling based on my limited knowledge of fitting

% of people think 2+ ships and 2+ characters is solo,
when using a sin and blopsing solo, it implies you have a hunter to light a covert cyno

you see anyone using a jump freighter solo without a cyno alt?

Well I just downgraded to worse Ion Blaster Cannons and I am (sort of) able to fit a cap booster, but still no neuts because I have no PG

Man I wish the sin was like a panther where I get 17000pg instead of 11k

forgot picture

Whats funny is the sin has the LEAST amount of PG next to the scorpion

>because I'm so shit at eve and my brain is not very good, I cannot make my own fits, I can only copy them from others
>and I for some reason think this makes me good

>multiboxing is solo because look at my jump freighter

Share with us your whimsical fits of amazing sin gun usage

At the end of the day, you're advocating something that is very different from common techniques based only on an assumption you've made. Unless you post a real fit here, you've got nothing to stand on

Yea so I went to Electron blaster cannons, lost more range, more damage but gained a little fitting

but I still can't fit any heavy neuts