/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous general #177

Edition: Let's keep this one alive. No talk about Chris or Derek until weekend edition!

>ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe
Be aware, Thargs are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI

youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Scheduled for release on or about June 29th make that July 12th, stand by for further delays in two weeks.
>newFAQs
pastebin.com/pmUsuxhf
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

inara.cz/wing/1470/
youtube.com/watch?v=6c766lL3Vno
discord.gg/CJFhUkp
eddp.co/u/WmyLCZvJ
twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/882744526779031556
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can't wait for July 12th~! Please ban Derek posting on this thread.

TWO threads?

TWO (fuel) SCOOPS.

TWO ded games?

g-guys?

Dropped the game about a month ago because I was lost and alone in deep space.

Can anyone recommand me somewhere to go where there are actual people and where I could maybe join a faction ? Doing boombox things in the middle of nowhere isn't that fun.

There's Discord server where the autismal ED fags have their meetings. I'll doublecheck the address and will paste a link here.

LP 355-65

The /edg/ faction SIRA Incorporated is based there

we tend to co-ordinate in discord but the general could use some love these days

we've got a group page here inara.cz/wing/1470/ (and if you click history you can read our autistic fanfic)

Best Ship

Only autists with 180+ IQ pls

Thanks. Is our system worth going in ? I saw a video from Obsidian Ant with some gorgeous things there.

It's pretty decent. A good location and good bounty hunting.

youtube.com/watch?v=6c766lL3Vno

I don't like how Elite ships are fuck-huge but they don't feel fuck huge. The Hauler is the same size as a Freelancer but it feels so much smaller because all I ever get to see of it is the cockpit.

Space Legs when?

>they all look like toys

The new camera suite helps.

ps the discord link is discord.gg/CJFhUkp

The cockpits are still way too big though, look at the Asp cockpit, just a chair+console in the middle of a huge empty glass dome.

I want Space Legs if only to explore a Sidewinder and find out how a multi-person crew could live in that thing for months because of those crashed ship logs. It's obviously multi-deck considering the cargo hatch/rover goes on a lower level. Like is there room for some crew quarters, a rec area, an engine room? I figure those crashed sidewinders might have had a passenger module for the exploration crew but it'd still be a tight fit.

eddp.co/u/WmyLCZvJ

Did they patch the Quince already? If so what's the best alternative now? I haven't played for 2 months again.

>The cockpits are still way too big though, look at the Asp cockpit, just a chair+console in the middle of a huge empty glass dome.
That's pretty comfy for long-range exploration famalam, maybe someday we'll actually get to walk around

Quince is still the thing to do. The twist with the patch is to board flip until you have a good spread and take everything at once, or take one mission, leave, come back, and fill up to 20 as usual. With the better payouts, board flipping and taking 5-7 decent missions at once will pay as good over time than landing twice.

I'd argue for a size 2 cargo rack because you find cargo containers at crash sites. But yeah, it'd be possible now they added passenger modules.

I'd ask for more props in the Asp Cockpit. Or get rid of the bottom cockpit and turn it into a crew lounge, make the Asp cockpit a tandem thing with a lower and upper seat like in a vulture.

2 economy cabins probably under and to the sides of the cockpit?
Does FDev have a master-plan here?

Ahh great I can still continue grinding. I'm halfway from my goal of 500,000,000.

something like this

Just picked up ED on the PS4, thinking about grabbing the HOTAS 4 since I got the game off of store credit and I now have some actual cash to spend.

Should I take the plunge? It seems a bit pricey, but I've heard it makes the game 10x more enjoyable on console.

lol

Even on PC it makes it 10x more comfy, I advise you do it.

There's concept art, and the anaconda already has a full internal map. But there's no way Space Legs will come in 2.4 or 2.5. That's new DLC territory.

>you will never blissfully play elite dangerous for the first time ever again

I remember trying to land my ship at an outpost, but couldn't because I was facing the wrong way.

Also remember the joy of finding some smuggling mission paying 100k while I was in the starter sidewinder, paid for my next ship upgrade. Nothing like that happened ever again, was just grinding after that.

>I remember trying to land my ship at an outpost, but couldn't because I was facing the wrong way.

I don't know about PS4 but anyway unless you are playing hardcore simulators as well only thing what you need for ED is good joystick. I recommend Thrustmaster 16000m, it's cheap and very good for it's price. That and keyboard is all what you need. But I'm on PC though so I don't know anything how it would work on PS4.

>edg was born anew
>fresh enthusiasm and concept art posting.
>turns into an old man and dies in 40 posts.
Butterflys aren't meant to stay. Just smile and be glad you were there.

>41 posts

>Just smile and be glad half the game still will take two decades to finish

Rember...When s-sad and ronery there alway be rainbow.

WE'RE HAVING FUN. EVERYONE IS HAVING A FUCKING BLAST! OK!

I am having fun. It's a new day and we are all together again. Let's just enjoy each others company. Life is short and we may never speak again. Let's enjoy the time we have to spend together.

Tomorrow's ATV seems to be more interesting than last weeks.

They better be showing those fuckers flying some cargo or otherwise playing the game like they did last week only closer up where we can see shit.
Closer look at moons better be them shooting somebody on one of them.

Are you torrenting on the side?

ATV teaser

Empire makes everything better.

I want to go into a coma until 3.0 drops.

Contact your local vault.

On 12th July 2017... A new trailer will be released and a Special Look video with 1h 35min of previously unreleased content.

[citation needed]

>he doesn't read the devchannel

You know it's the little voice inside your head telling you the truth. Let's do a bet: I say they wont release anything on 12th but only release a teaser or a longer feature _video_ instead of a new patch. This is to try to calm down people and milk some more money off them.

"Real" release of 3.0 is happening either at Gamescom or on "Holiday Season 2017" which is more probable.

Are you in?

If 3.0 doesn't get released on the current target date, it's definitely getting released at Gamescom. Delaying it past Gamescom would generate an insane amount of negative press, and I don't think they could withstand it. And they know it.

Chris is pathological liar. He thinks he is teflon coated and nothing touches him and this often helps him to lie his way out of troubles. It will probably even this time as well... sadly.

I don't think Chris is a liar. I just think he's hopelessly optimistic, and frequently poorly-informed about his staff's progress.

Where does this July 12th meme come from?

From their release schedule?

He said that 3.0 would probably hopefully be out by December of last year. We're half-way through the next year and not even close to getting a stripped down 3.0.

There are two possible reasons for this:
1: He is a liar
2: He is so massively, overwhelmingly uninformed and ignorant as to the state of this $150m game that his guesses are an utter joke

Both of these are indefensible

hastag i spent my refund on DOOM for ps4 and NBA Jam

DOOM was a good choice. It's very entertaining altough gets bit repetitive towards the end but then again, which game doesn't.

If this happens, the agent is legit. If not, yeah.

>in which he may admit
>may
That's some pretty safe language, Derek.

Claim: "is working on his justification speech"
The "may" refer to admission of the difficulty of LY switch.

TL: "If I make up enough shit, eventually I'll say something that ends up being true."

When is Derek going to realize that all his "sources" are just goons in it for the lulz?

So, if I do this, it'll just upgrade one of the Noxes, right?

I've taken a bit of a break (Left around the time Multi-Crew came out) and now I'm feeling like I want to return.

Is multi crew still alive, or did the reward limitations, lack of real matchmaking, and P2P networking kill it?

Best continue taking a break until SC is good.

I would say all of these facts did it.

>i will trade my 5 awesome LTI space bikes for babby's first PU ship that everyone else will buy with EC
:^) go ahead

Fuck you faggot it only replaced one.

Where the hell do I find meta-alloys?

>people still think theagent isn't a troll after he outright said he was just fucking with Dsmart, and leaked such revelations as "I am Derek Smart and I have a tiny penis"

Please I'm at Darnielle's Progress but they're not here

what happened to E:D and driving on atmospheric worlds?

The long and shot of it seem that frontier has had to roll back the amount of devs working on ED. Hens every planed feature has slowed to a crawl and they have dropped the idea of making yearly "seasons" expansion.
The devs still talk about atmo but its a long way off, and earth like planets with atmo might as while be never.