I just inherited a 1983 datsun 720 from my father who passed away

I just inherited a 1983 datsun 720 from my father who passed away
It has 66k original miles and is well taken care of

Are these trucks any good
Also what preventive maintenance should I do on a vehicle this old?
Seafoam?
Switch to synthetic?

>Sea foam
>Switch to synthetic

No, don't fuck around with it. Continue the regular maintenance program. Rag on it every now and then.

>Are these trucks any good

reliable as heck. of course a small truch can't haul like a big truck but they last well in use they're designed for.

LS swap it

First thing you need to do is undercoat the sucker.

Don't listen to this fagget

Listen to this fagget

Seriously, you just got handed a piece of history. Learn to keep the carb in check, run non ethanol fuel if possible, continue the exact maintenance your dad did, make sure to drive it at least once a week.

And for God sakes man, keep it and love it. I'm incredibly jealous, and you literally will not find one like it. It's gonna have that smell, that feel, it's a huge part of your dad man. That's the best part, it's a literal living memory capsule.

Take drives "with Dad" to nowhere particular on occasion, you will love the truck.

Pic unrelated, 83 Toyota I missed out on..

Thanks for the tips and recommendations
I will try to keep this car forever as it is hard to find a clean example of one .

>he fell for the synthetic is bad meme

I don't want any new leaks to form since I'm pretty sure this car has only ran on conventional its entire life

Love it and keep Veeky Forums updated on it

Synthetic is fine but if you put it in an old car its gonna be leak city, happened to me twice before I wised up and stuck to conventional as I don't buy newer than 2004.

Just show it love and it will never let you down

jelly. a nice car for sure.

kek, you mericunts. so retarded

>implying hes wrong

I have a regular cab 4x4 Tacoma. love it to death but towing even a 4k lb load is terrifying, and I wouldn't dare step foot on the highway with it. meanwhile even the smallest full size pickup will tow it like it's not even there

>cross country road trip with school group
>in my tacoma
>theyre in a crew cab long bed turbo diesel chevy
>4 passengers, 85 gallons of fuel, towing a 39' triple axle 5th wheel trailer with luggage for 8 people, a mill, a lathe, a dune buggy, a vw beetle, a welder, and a couple tool chests and a shit ton of spare parts
>race them
>get BTFO by a truck that is hauling an extra 12k lbs

when will trucklets learn, cant even compete, etc.

except 90% of those trucks will never haul anything a small truck couldn't.

Swap a sr20det in it.

Swap an L20b in it.

Swap a 1uz into it

Easy as fuck swap and you get 250HP which is more than enough for that truck

cheap engine and you can probably diy it in a weekend

This is the dumbest arguments for trucks I hear all the time.

Obviously a little shitbox truck will handle 90% of the shit you haul, but if I'm buying a truck, I want it to be able to haul whatever the fuck I throw in it including that 10% the shitbox can't hual. I'd rather just buy the bigger truck and never worry about it rather than buy the shitbox and worry if it can handle it.

Light duty trucks are memes that just need to die. A fucking minivan can do literally everything they can do.

Its garbage, dont keep it. Matter of fact ill come take it off your hands, free of charge.

Swap a turbo Hayabusa in it