How do you guys clean your Rims? I can't find a small brush to clean small areas on my rims

How do you guys clean your Rims? I can't find a small brush to clean small areas on my rims.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00CPGMUXW/ref=sxts_hf_cd_wol_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3311817862&pd_rd_wg=sGHeA&pf_rd_r=3DBHE883G24240VMKDV7&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B00CPGMUXW&pd_rd_w=uGq43&pf_rd_i=sun joe&pd_rd_r=c6f91d4b-9cff-4fda-93af-51cc9210aaed&ie=UTF8&qid=1510199902&sr=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B01LAWOF9S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/coatings/adam-s-ceramic-wheel-coating.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-8QHwjjG-7k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hard or soft?

However you like it zaddy

>Tfw I have multi spoke wheels and dirt and brake dust like to collect in the inner portion of the wheel

This with the 25 degree nozzle on it. Works really good. Get you self a 14$ foamer, and you can clean your car in like 20 mins.

which one is that? I was looking into getting one to wash my car and stuff.

amazon.com/dp/B00CPGMUXW/ref=sxts_hf_cd_wol_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3311817862&pd_rd_wg=sGHeA&pf_rd_r=3DBHE883G24240VMKDV7&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B00CPGMUXW&pd_rd_w=uGq43&pf_rd_i=sun joe&pd_rd_r=c6f91d4b-9cff-4fda-93af-51cc9210aaed&ie=UTF8&qid=1510199902&sr=1

It's pretty good for what it is. No where near the pressure of a gas washer, but with the fine nozzle, it can definitely remove paint, so careful not to put the wrong nozzle on it, when doing car things.

Pair it with this thing, if you can. So you can be like all the cool car guys and take a picture of your car completely covered in foam.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01LAWOF9S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

which nozzle for water? is it the 40?

After letting the rim cleaner soak in I take a brush like OP pic but to get the smallest spaces I use a older microfiber rag.

Also if a/o/istic like me I have a clay bar specifically for rims separate from the one I used on the paint.

You can use any nozzle for anything, they just change the spray angle. I use the 25 for rims and general car washing, cause it has good spread and good pressure. I don't think I've ever used the soap nozzle. If you get that foam cannon, you don't even have to use the on board soap injection. The soap system built into it, is kinda meh.

Nice

armor all wheel cleaner takes off so much grime on the tire and wheel and you just rinse it off

A spray bottle of meguiars all wheel cleaner and a microfiber towel.

Works great for those types of rims but not the ones I have.

What kind of wheels do you have? This is what I use it on.

These. Very annoying to clean off.

So how do i clean my rims? The back part is always dirty as hell tires are impossible to clean it seems always have dirt on the outer lip no matyer how much i power wash

>Rims
Get the fuck out of here

Yes rims. I see you don't have a car.

86 wheels are not bad desu. You just do a claw motion

>Yes rims.
You have to be at least 18 to post

I don't get why boomers come on a auto forum

Ooo, nice.

Yes, rims. Now fuck off autist.

Every week, I spent too much time restoring them to let them turn to shit again

I ceramic coated my wheels with this kit, it's good for 3 sets of wheels supposedly. Any contaminants or brake dust just slides right off with water.
>adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/coatings/adam-s-ceramic-wheel-coating.html

what is that?

A wheel

Fuck me harder

>100 buck
Why?

Hey Justin.

Hello.

Hey

WTF, no one have the good answer yet ?

Every rim is a wheel but not every wheel is a rim. The usage of "rim" is unfortunately the best choice of word as this is an international community with English as a 2nd language for many of the users.

how much?

Baby bottle brush

My front brakes wont shut the fuck up, people told me to wash them. I took them to the mechanic and he said everything on my car is working fine.

I tried squirting the hose onto the brake disk but i still hear the screeching and it's making me a bad driver. I don't even use the breaks anymore. When i need to stop i engine break to the point of stalling 20% of the time i stop.

I'm considering buying new brake pads tomorrow and putting them on, but i don't know how to fucking do that so i'll end up breaking something and i'll have to shoot up a fucking autozone.

You spray chemical on your rims?

get a bottle of purple stuff at your autoparts store

Wet sand with 2000 grit

Just change the pads, bro. Don't use poverty ones this time

is it hard to replace the pads? I have a jack and some wood i can use to hold up the truck. What tools will i need?

Depends on your shitbox. Disk are usually easy, you'll just need some spanners and a g clap.

Crimson wheel cleaner, Mother's aluminum polish on the lips, then finish with Wheel Guard.

my shitbox.
So what am i looking at? less than 200 for tools + 2 brake pads or more?

need a small brush? get yourself a new tooth brush use old one on rims.

Nigger, if you don't even have a roll of spanners find a video on youtube and see if you're capable.

Something like pic related to get in the barrel, a long handle flat face brush to clean the face, the rubber and the wheel arch. Hot water and dishwashing detergent to break down tough grime but its usually cold by the last wheel so its probably pointless. End with some Poorboy's wheel sealant and tyre gel.

not including jacking and supporting tools like a car jack and jack stands

set of sockets, ratchet, loctite, anti-seize, sil-glyde for lubing up your caliper pins and brake pad slide notches and shims, and a torque wrench and torque specs.
some people don't use torque specs when doing brakes, but i do.

you might need a breaker bar or cheater bar to break free the caliper retainer bolts that hold the caliper to your knuckle.

yo gimme that alternator look

holy shit that's a lot of crap. M8 i've had thousand dollar days and am by no definition cheap, but that's a lot of stuff just for some breaks.

Thank you for the post bro. I'm going to take this to the mechanic and have him do it. He is an Armenian though so will probably fuck something else up like he did my dashboard oil indicator.

I mean, it's fine now and working alright, but the sound absolutely ruins my day whenever i hear it.

well you could get away without the anti-seize and loctite
just make sure you wrench those bolts down tight if you arent gonna use torque specs

you dont have any of that stuff already?
thats like your basic working on cars shit.
sockets, ratchets, car jack jack stands

lol

*brakes

I'm a commercial fisherman who lives in LA but works in Alaska. I've driven my truck less than 2000 miles this year. I would like to learn how to work on my truck as a hobby but frankly i already spent 3/4ths my last months paycheck on a 9k rifle. Cant justify wasting even more money just for fun.

Sorry for wasting your reply senpai. I didn't even know how to add oil to my truck before last week. My biggest fear right now is that someone is going to see through my facade of money and see the retard behind this handsome mask. Maybe that's why i don't like hearing the breaks squeak, it's like my truck is mocking me for being retarded.

>spends 9k on a fucking boom stick but wont spare a couple hundo for good tools that will last you forever

boi tools arent one use items. if you buy good tools, yes it costs a lot up front, but if you take care of them you can keep them for decades.

Eagle one wheel cleaner. Soft/hard brush and some water

>Sorry for wasting your reply senpai. I didn't even know how to add oil to my truck before last week.

nah it's cool man. all gotta start learning somewhere unless you want to pay every time

might be a good investment if you want to start doing some work on your own car. typically thats how people start amassing tools is they buy whatever they need for the job.

My point is that i can shoot bears and niggers with my boom stick if i need to. Walking and buying a taxi sucks but there's no way to get my truck up north cheaply enough to justify it.

Paying bro bro bro habibi bro 300 dollars every time something breaks is cheaper. When i retire from fishing then i'll buy some tools, that's in like 5 years though.

Dude some of my tools havent been touched in years, but when I need them, theyll be there. Garage/yard sales are you friends.

>torque wrench and all this other shit for changing break pads
Lmao, autist

my bad dint mean to do things the right way

18 € for the small right
> i just got this one and it's enough for my 19" rims

The dude doesn't even own a roll of spanners. Recommending that he gets all this shit to change the brake pads on a daily drive ute is fucking retarded and just going to scare him into paying a scum mechanic to do basic maintainence.

why do you need to spend 9 g's on a gun though? why not spend like 6 on something useful and the rest on a gun if guns are your thing. i could buy the Harley i cant afford yet and a nicer truck for 7k total and still have cash left over for a boom stick.

>The dude doesn't even own a roll of spanners.

well thats cool, but we didn't know that until afterwards.

also if buying tools to fix a problem with your car scares you, you might want to check your crotch to see if you have your cock and balls still.

>not buying tools makes you dickless for some reason
Fucking lol.

yeah, I said exactly that

holy shit you're retarded, run along now

When I changed my spark plugs last, I gauged them with a hacksaw blade and set the torque to "just a bee's dick more then finger tight".
How mad Ru, my man?

nothing you do has any bearing on my emotional status.
but thanks for your concern i guess

Stay salty

k

Because buying expensive things is how i cope with being retarded, it's literally the only reason i bought stocks. I don't even look at them either, i just bought them because some rich jew told me to.

Being a brainlet hurts. I didn't expect the gun to cost 9k, it was only 4.5k initially but then i had to get a 2k scope, and just 20 round of ammunition costs nearly 100 dollars. 500 dollar range finder, 200 dollar bipod. It all started to add up.

At least i can make friends with the gun. Man, i'm only 20 years old and make more than anyone else in my family. Nothing prepared me for being a fucking idiot. I've been on vacation for hardly over a month and already blew through 15k.

my god dude, im 19 and not that dumb. Heres how to be good with your money: try not to spend it all.

its not that hard. if youre gonna buy expensive things at least buy things that are worth the price. a boom stick worth 3 times what your truck is isnt a good investment when your truck doesnt funtion correctly. im not saying dont have hobbies, but theres more important things than a $9,000 hunk of metal that makes fire and throws lead

It's wheels you stupid fuck.

A rim is a part of a wheel. Just because basketball Americans like to use the wrong word for things doesn't make it right.

Most likely you will need two wrenches. One size for the caliper bolts and one for the bleeder nut. You will need a c clamp to compress the the brake cyclinder. You should get a small wire brush to clean the guide groves. You should get brake lube to lube the guide pins.

You are best off getting a socket set.
You are really best off finding a forum specific to your make and model and searching or posting there. Brake pads are generally pretty easy.

My rims are part anodised so I'm super paranoid and basically clean them with warm water only.

>torque wrench and torque specs
no one torques brake calipers
t. lube tech

Holy shit dude $5 per round wtf

I like to attack my rims with a clean rag and some auto-sol.

As for wheels, a good degreaser and a high-pressure hose is fine for wheels that aren't with tyres. Otherwise a good wheel cleaning formula from someone like Meguiar's and good micro fibre cleaning cloth should be adequate for basic stuff like break dust and dirt.

yfw i do

Sponge wipe.

I bet you dab your car dry with paper towels, too.

They're Mugens. Can't remember the model. All that is supposed to act like a heat sink to draw heat away from the brakes.

A U T I S M

It's worth it, lasts many years. You'll spend 100 bucks on products to clean wheels, there's 15% off code "SEMA". Best to remove wheels and tape around when applying, lucky for me I had new wheels which made or easy to apply before mounting tires

You mean rim.

youtube.com/watch?v=-8QHwjjG-7k

cf-48

$3~5 bucks in the baby section of any supermarket. They're sold to clean baby bottles.

But are you paid to use an impact gun to put drain plugs and lug nuts back on?

- Touchless wash every 2 weeks with shampoo
- light application on the face of the wheel with wax every 2 months
- Thorough washing, polishing and waxing at the end of each season so they are ready for next year. I am currently using poorboys wheel sealant wax and auto finesse wheel shampoos.

also pic is me test fitting my new summer wheels

Whatever my slave uses. It's their toothbrush.

>have brembo brakes
>rims are absolutely fucking filthy after every drive

This

Ceramic coat wheels

I never clean my wheels I just keep adding layers of gloss black plastidip