Do you guys like the big 4 japs?

Do you guys like the big 4 japs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ryNGq1np-FI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nobody here owns a Japanese car, so no. Next thread, please.

all but nissan

fuck nissan

Doesn't Subaru do more sales than Mazda or Nissan?

Only Mazda remains standing

Only one i like is Honda. Toyota can't even do their own performance cars, Mazda is meh, Nissan is mostly french beyond the GTR.

Toyota, mazda and subaru are ok.
Honda can go to hell for failing to the turbo meme Nissan and Mitsubishi are just garbage

B A S E D M A Z D A
A
S
E
D

M
A
Z
D
A

Out of those, only Mazda. Everyone else has abandoned making interesting cars that aren't just numb, isolated a to b fwd cvt cuckboxes.

Subaru has had record sales for 8 years straight, but they're still behind Nissan by about 900,000 cars sold per year and about 300,000 cars ahead of Mazda.

silly domesticuck, a bunch of people own jap cars. they're better than the shit you drive. (except nissan)
This.

Nissans are an embarrassment to Jap cars.

Where are Subaru and Mitsubishi?
Nissan makes no good cars at this point.

>Honda
Boring econoboxes and the riceboi Civic Type R
>Nissan
Boring econoboxes and the badly outdated 370z
>Toyota
Boring econoboxes and a rebadged Subaru BRZ
>Mazda
Boring econoboxes and the ever present Miata

Honestly they're all pretty lame, Toyota being the most offending of the four. If they release the new Supra though they will be pretty cool, even if it's simply a collaboration with BMW it's better than just slapping your Toyota badge on another company's vehicle.

>mazda
>boring econoboxes
Still a lot more fun that the Corolla and Camry

Okay fixed:

>Mazda
Only makes fun econoboxes

>98 nissan pathfinder 3.3L 4x4

>shes a mother fucking whore of a cum dumpster pos.

> engine... has knocked for the goddammned second time

> sits in driveway because i cant fix the bitch, i want to fix it so i can sell it.

advice?
recomndations?

>Mazda

I thought they were the smallest of the Japanese car manufacturers.

I'm very biased towards them though so them and maybe Honda are the only Japanese manufactures I like these days.

Japcrap is cheap low displacement turbolaggy plastic junk

>>Mazda
>Only makes fun econoboxes
They sound like the best

>Mazda
>big

They're a smelly shit desu

Honda:yes
Yota:yes
Nissan:shit
Mazda:garbage

I like Subaru because their smallest "suv" has the same ground clearance as their "mid size" suv and their larger model.
The other japs don't do that.

>Toyota
Makes great cars chooses not to
>Honda
Complete shit now
>Nissan
Still decent not what they used to be before renault
>Mazda
Skyactiv x makes my dick hard

Obviously on a car-enthusiast board Mazda will be the favourite.

It's a shame they're probably doomed for being too small and niche.

sell and get a 4runner

Mitsubishi has dropped out of the top-20. Yikes.

Also, those chinkshit brands climbing the ranks.

Top brands if you're wondering.

>Mercedes selling that much more
fucking rich people

The Outback is the only SUV that I've driven that doesn't make me feel pissed off that I'm not in a sedan/coupe.

Mercedes sells lots of cheap shitboxes and small commercial vehicles in Europe especially.

It is surprising through that their brand image holds up.

Based Suzuki coming up.
youtube.com/watch?v=ryNGq1np-FI

Suzuki owns the auto market in India.

Good for them
>reliable, cheap cars that are actually lightweight.

For completeness.

>I drive a Hongguang, you've probably never heard of it

I like the Axela, sounds like a car made by amazon.

It's neat how the Japanese still insist on giving cars proper names.

>Honda
Made beautiful neckbreakers in the late 80s and 90s, but never dabbled out of FWD, now they're normie tier and the Type R is BTFO
>Nissan
Their sports cars are solid, but the lineup is small and needs a refreshed Z
>Toyota
The economy car that shouldn't be popular but is because of normies. Lexus stole all thunder they could've had, and they make one or two sports cars every decade. And they never get the 86 right
>Mazda
The company that wants the freedom to make cool shit, but can't because of regulation and a small foothold in the market
Other manufacturers
>Subaru
Decent formula, but very hit or miss styling
>Mitsubishi
When they developed the Endeavor in '04, you should've expected a tanking from them

This

Post-genesis toyota a shit
Post-EP3 Honda a shit
Post-2004 Mazda a shit
Post-Ghosn nissan a MASSIVE FUCKING SHIT

kek

I see you're immune to sarcasm.
Good job!

>Type R is BTFO
By what?
> but never dabbled out of FWD
Honda pretty much stuck their toe in AWD and are surprisingly good at it.

>New Type R is trash, so btfo by everything
>AWD is meme tier trash and it's why subaru can't into making better cars (see: >brz for what they are capable of)

I’m a fan of honda for their reliability (which has gone down admittedly) and their commitment to performance, and I hate Acura for just GIVING the performance luxury category to Lexus.

I like toyota specifically for the 86. It’s a weak ass car, but I like the things that it does well and think it’s shit for the things that it doesn’t do well. I absolutely adore Lexus. They’re everything that “higher tierr” brands like Acura and infinity should aspire to be.

I like Honda and Toyota, I'd own multiple cars from them.
Mazda has only one or two cars I'd actually own myself.
Nissan is complete shit, I wouldn't own a single one of them.

I like Honda for Vtec
Toyota for a bunch of cars from the Supra to the 4Runner
Mazda for all they’ve done for rotarys
And Nissan for GT-Ruuu and great pickups

Does Veeky Forums hate me now?

It pains me to see the golf that high. Like I understand it’s a good car, but the value for the money spent just isn’t there, so it baffles me how it deserves a spot like that.

The only cars the Type R is BTFO by in it’s own class are AWD and at least $10k more.

It even beats the Golf R.

What are you even on about?

>What are you even on about?
Driving feel

I'm surprised to see the Tiguan so high. It seems to be a sales dog in North America.

That’s a really weird way to spell bench racing.

Maybe you should try out your alternative spelling elsewhere.

nissan was good in the 90s, turned shit in the 00s

kek

Yes. Toyota and Honda are great in my books. Nissan is meh now days, Mazda still is somewhat of a Ford bastardization to this day.

Nissan is french no ?

>its another “brandfags know nothing about cars” episode

Looking into getting a new Mazda3 hatchback, tell me why I shouldn't. Stick shift, 2.5l.

They will probably rust to dust like the first gens.

Or buy a lexus with RWD and V8

Not a fan of japshit, but I'd go with Honda or Mazda.

No that's Datsun

to my european tastes, all but mazda are mad fine.
also fuck subaru, glad to see those fuckers are not making this. not even mentioning mitsu...
fucking boyracers, even the ford focus st isnt as boy racey as the sti or the evo

Bullshit. They fixed this midway through 2008.
If you have driven it and like the interior (interior is too "new" for my taste) then there is no reason to not get one. Really great car in all honesty. All competing cars in its class are btfo

its a toyota. and infinity is nissan.

>all but mazda are mad fine
The fuck? So you'd pick a fucking nissan or toyota econoshit garbage pail over a well sorted mazda?
>even the ford focus st isnt as boy racey as the sti or the evo
Fucking hell this better be bait I swear to god

t.boomer

Who the fuck buys Buicks ?

The Chinese.

Although the money GM's put into Buick to satisfy the chinks means Buicks are really quite good these days if you want boring and comfortable.

Mitsubishi is dead
Subaru is Toyota
Nissan is Renault

You don't even know what sarcasm is.

That wasn't even sarcasm.

I loved Toyota and Honda in the 80s, cheap fun cars that worked 24/7
>AW11 becomes a legally classic car in a few years
>Cheaper to own, prices will skyrocket
>already in the process of buying any AW11's i find
Stock Japboxes from the 80s are gonna be the new counterculture for the infotainment

I really don't get the Nissan meme
I had a Nissan Cube and beyond oil changes the only thing that ever broke was the vent selector dial because my girlfriend would always fucking twist it like she was breaking someone's neck

The Big 4 Jap Manufacturers is Toyota, Lexus, Toyota trucks and Used Toyotas

I want to drive a Daihatsu K-car so badly

You really are a retard, eh?

Nice Renault.

It’s really hard not to like Honda user....
Wish they didn’t ameriburger up their lineup so much. Really miss the multilink front and rear suspensions of the older civics and accords....
Regardless, Honda remains pretty innovative and responsive to most consumers. Some neat cars for burger market did come out like ridge line and Element. Ugly, but functional.

Toyota builds the most solid cars on the planet hands down. More boring than Honda, but they have / had more RWD and offerings with turbos or V8’s etc. you cannot beat their lux Cars, and their trucks are pretty neat.

Nissan had great cars until the French got involved. Very solid. Very innovative.

Mazda is so much better now that ford is mostly out of the picture. But they are kind of all over the place.

You own a frog car, not a jap car.

Has modern Subaru addressed the head gasket problem?

Toyota is just a boring company. Reliable, but boring. Any Corolla you buy now is basically the same Corolla from the last 20 years but with an iPad glued to the inside.

Which is totally fine if you only want an A-B car that will never break down if properly maintained. It's just boring. Toyota really needs to start upping their sports car game. The FRS/86 cooperation was a good start to put Toyota on sports car radar. But they need more.

I am a die hard, to grave, Nissan fanboy, but they have been shit ever since Renault had to buy them.

No Japanese automaker has been the same since 2002. I don't really know why, but they stopped making their all time greats then.

The Evo is dead and Mitsubishi makes no cars and the STi is soon dead and Subary makes next to no cars.

>infinitY

Infiniti

>k-car

What you probably mean is a kei-car, not a Chrysler

K is also valid.

The asset price bubble had it's effects and for ten years the Japs tried to continue business as usual but it just couldn't work so they had to become cheaper.

Also because markets change and people weren't buying new sports cars or fancy sendans anymore and they wanted SUVs in America, hatchbacks and small crossovers in Europe and vans in Japan. Nissan went from having +15 different sedans in the early 1990s to pure shit in ten years.

It's an entire generation of drivers brought up around "sensible family cars". Hopefully those snoozefests make them want to drive something fun.

But they dropped everything in 2002
>R34
>S15
>RX7
>Supra
>Integra
Some got axed even earlier
>300zx
>MR2
>Celica GT-Four
>3000gt
>FTO

But it was the death of the Japanese sports car as we know it.

>Miata still released
>350z and 370z still released
>Mitsubitshi still releasing Evos

Miata is the only one really alive still

>370Z 10 years old and worse than 350Z anyways
>Evo dead

>as we know it.

>STi's released too
>S2000 and NSX still released too
>MRS still released

My point still stands, the cars that made "JDM", "JDM" mostly got stop from production.

370z is not worse than the 350z by any metric. Especially build quality.

>Evo is dead
Not back in 2002!

Well Evo was around in 2002, but why did you also mention the 370Z in the same context then?

Also I mean that the 370Z is not significantly better than the 350Z and is a lot uglier.

I've seen so many chinkshit cars in my country, it's not even funny. They are so much fucking cheaper that people just buy them up instead of getting a toyota, or at least a fucking hyundai. Guess where in latin america?

Br?

God no, I'd kill myself. CR

I like Honda motorbikes.
Suzuki are too heavy for my taste, Yamaha are too light and flimsy, and Kawasaki seem just cheap.

>and is a lot uglier.
Wrong

Nah their bikes are the most offensive part seeing as most of em are for girls