Why can't we have nice things?

Anyone bummed out that North America will never see this, or any other cheap and utilitarian small truck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ql-HVajKbYE
youtube.com/watch?v=furqWiEefqE
carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-Landcruiser-1985/SSE-AD-5010092/?Cr=4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this is what americans want

>average jeep owner

Wrangler owns the market; even if they're overpriced, the resale is so strong it doesn't matter. Nobody can compete.

The Wrangler pickup is coming soon.

On an added note, check out that approach angle. It looks like they moved the front wheels further forward for the JL.

Colorado's already start at like $20k.

Good grief that man is fat.

For 2WD. 4WD starts at like 30k, where a Jimny 4wd would be under $20.

>The Ford compact trucks from South America will never make it here

I wonder if his mom was proud of him having bigger tits than her

kek

ford bronco soon
wrangler exists
get a UAZ 469. they're cheaper than anything else and at $7000 after importation fees, who can complain?

>the absolute state of stock photography

Are there better options in Canada with 15 year import rule?

Import a Tata.

>pooinloo pickup
Dear god I hope you're joking.

You want cheap and utilitarian... There you go. A jimny isn't much better.

uhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

yes it is

Fun fact: The plastic on the seats is not meant to be removed. It keeps the poo out of the material.

Are Indian vehicles as dogshit as I assume they are?

There's an ugly Indian Jeep ripoff, forget the name, I've seen in developing countries I've visited. Unbelievably ugly, looks like something from the 50s.

I bet that is almost as shitty to maintain as a domestic

It comes pre-shitted

It's tough to say. It's pretty damn simple and likely a rip off of a Hilux. It's pretty hard to fuck up something that simple. Though they seem to have deification issues sooo.

actually, this.

> RAM 305

they're like chinese but worse because at least the chinese are industrious. indian manfacturers aren't even smart enough to cheat each other, so the cut corners are usually more about horrible, lazy build quality and replacement of all alloy components with pig steel hammered into shape by a toothless goatherder/chief of engineering.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ql-HVajKbYE

A lot can be forgiven for the price; doing the conversion they start at like $10k USD, the one is the video is 12.

Best knockoff coming through
>fueled with raw 2.5L 90's suzuki engine pushing 63 BHP
>featuring new standard refinements like cupholders and aggressive off-road style plastic bumpers
>airbags are an option

Is the Jimny/Samauri the 4-wheel equivalent of a Japanese dual sport motorcycle, in terms of ruggedness+simplicity+cost, or is that too much to ask/expect?

The Niva looks surprisingly awesome:

youtube.com/watch?v=furqWiEefqE

>rustbucket with quality issues
>jimny isn't much better.
no thanks we had some of your Indicas here in Europe. picrel taken when it was 3 year old

Did the conversion, $10 grand USD. Fucking amazing what you can sell vehicles for, and what those vehicles are capable of, when you can ignore safety and emissions.

There is already a conversion kit that (iirc) turns 4 door wranglers into pickups

How is this different from the current model?

>held together with rubber bands

is this really the new jimny? is australia getting it?

Also, that Swiss cheese axel rusted through, holy fuck.

It was leaked a while ago. There are camo'd mules.

oh man looks mint.

is it coming to aus?!

Probably since you guys get the current one.

i've always loved the old gwagons and the defenders and this is one of them, but with suzuki reliability and its nice and smol.

Reminder the Jimny is so tiny that the jdm tyte yo verrsion with smaller bumpers and a narrower track fits into kei car size regs

No question, they are great offraod (at least the current jimny is) but I doubt they compare to Wranglers or Colorados. Way cheaper but, as mentioned, tiny AF

The Niva passes Euro6 emissions standards since 2015, should be good enough for burgers

The use an exeption meant for low volume manufacturers like Morgan to get around the safety standards though and there's no easy fix for that

It's tempting to import a newer Niva (to North America) but just tell the import authorities it's an old one to get the import exemption. They all look like they're from the 80s anyway so I doubt they'd question it.

It looks nice. Hope its not a low quality death trap.

Pic related: 350cc AWD! I can't imagine how slow that thing is. Cute af though.

I remember as a kid Samauri's (and GM versions) were FUCKING EVERYWHERE. Then the safety police outlawed fun.

...it's a 2 stroke actually.

>order new Taiga 4x4 (the Niva was renamed to get around safety regs)
>13-15k€ depending on extras like decent seats, additional rust protection, a winch etc
>another 150€ on a second, rusty Niva that's old enough to import
>fuck around with the VINs a little

Can probably be done for 20k$ including shipment

i think they have to have an airbag, which the niva hasn't, this is also the reason americans don't have the defender

Should I buy this?

carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-Landcruiser-1985/SSE-AD-5010092/?Cr=4

Looks like a Silverado with 10 miles on it.

>Wax is the only frame protection
>It comes off when you rub it with your hand

Imagine that driving your 4x4 truck through tall grass is a death sentence

Forgot pic

>but I doubt they compare to Wranglers or Colorados

You would be surprised the difference in off roading a small vehicle Vs a larger one.

I normally drive my ram for work and even with A/T tires I need the 4x4 and I have to be real careful of the path I choose as I might sink or end up not being able to fit through trees

Drove my tracker in one day to drop something off and even with road tires, I didn't need 4x4, I could fit nearly anywhere and the geo hardly left an impression where as the ram would tear up everything.

>Bundera
Yeah, sure. It's basically a petrol Hilux drivetrain including engine, R series gearbox and 8" diffs on a complete coil sprung suspension. They're a little weapon.

Probably because it looks too much like a miniature Ford Bronco, and Ford would sue their asses for it.

Except ford doesn't sell a Bronco.

Probably better than the chink stuff. Have driven pic related: do NOT recommend.

I want one aaaaaaaaaa

already been done with a land rover defender, and yeah, they crushed it because the land rover defenders are unsafe for american roads, but some redneck hick fuck can literally weld two cars together in his back yard and thats okay. kek

Why copy the Axiom of all cars? I always thought that SUV was a massive piece of shit.

What is the name of that cute little bug?

It looks like an older Samurai much more than a Bronco.

>>ford bronco soon
>It's just going to be a boxy crossover

Yeah, there are probably a hundred reason why the nanny state won't allow pic related.

The Jimny would have been a more likely prospect since it's designed for developed markets too, but of course no more Suzuki in NA.