Who /steering wheel lock/ here?

Who /steering wheel lock/ here?

too busy /living in a white neighborhood/

Who /opposite lock/ here?

Steering wheel locks are dumb since car thieves would be packing a sawzall to hack through the steering wheel in a few seconds and remove the lock if they really wanted your car.

loser

I'm /factory immobilizer/ since I'm not a poorfag

>tfw my car has easily hackable keyless entry

>Milwaukee
>Sawzall
Holy fuck tool fags are dumb.

>tfw hobbyist electronics fiddler.
>tfw made my own 2way aes encrypted immobilizer.

Hell, I couldn't hack it if I wanted to.

That's not a sawzall retard

I have an old miata that you can probably start with a screwdriver. The doors/softtop are flimsy enough that you can easily open it from reaching inside.
In the summer when i drive without the hardtop and park in a sketchy area i put my steering wheel lock on. at home i don't.
I'm not so much worried about professional car thieves but more so about sandnigger youths who want to take my car for a quick joyride.
steering wheel lock prevents anyone with just a screwdriver from driving off.

I use a full cover Disklok. Very safe.

a bit of security theater wards off the plebs

My steering wheel locks in place I shut off the engine.

It does unlock once the engine is turned back on, but it adds an additional layer of security, well that and the fact that its a manual.

Honestly, since most car break-ins are just thieves looking for valuables, it kind of has the opposite affect.

Every Tyrone, Manuel, and Cletus will be peaking through the window to see if you might have anything good.

If a car thief is carrying around an immobilzer disabler, then it's safe bet that he has a work-around for pretty much everything else you think will stop him.

If an experience car thief really wants your car, he's going to get it.

>steering wheel lock prevents anyone with just a screwdriver from driving off.

>he doesn't know about multigrips

>I'm /factory immobilizer/ since I'm not a poorfag

Absolutely worthless at doing anything but pissing off your neighbors when a cat jumps on your car.

There are battery powered tools that can cut that

That's not what immobilisers do.

Renault?

that type of key is easy to pick, dipshit

you really don't seem to get the point of different levels of crime prevention.
i'm not trying to make my '92 miata impossible to steal.
Anybody who goes out with more than a screwdriver and is willing to steal a car will pick a better, more valuable car than mine.
It's the freaking sandnignog kids who're just messing about, not looking to make money but just to drive around for one night who i'm worried about.
They'll see the steering lock and walk to the next car.
anybody who's stupid enough to try and steal a car that's probably not worth the petrol to drive to a country where you can easily drive a stolen vehicle will use a tool like to get rid of the steering wheel lock and then replace the steering wheel. which requires pic related tool for a miata. not a screwdriver.
Also: in the Netherlands it's mostly VAG cars that get stolen. Especially audi RS cars. not for selling (you can't drive a stolen car in the Netherlands. Within 2 days you'll get caught.) They use the RSs to get away after a robbery and then burn them.

read .
it's not about making a car impossible to steal.
it's about making your car not the one that gets stolen.

Who /lowcrimearea/ and /securemoderncar/ here?

If that's the kind of lock you use then you're an easy target.
If you got a Chinese pos then you'll likely be able to open it.
Else you can get it open in seconds with an easy to get 40 buck tool.

I'd go for Bearlock, it's a lock on your transmission, usually it locks the car in reverse, so just park the car in reverse and lock it up, no one is taking it without a tow truck.