>Helpful links
pastebin.com/8R2HQiuu
>Wiki
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

first for going berserker if you do a self-casting mom character

>wake up
>labyrinth still isnt deleted
i cant take it anymore bros

2nd for it was just an innocent mistake.

Also, I just noticed something:
>The 3 primary Stat Classes, Marauder, Witch, and Ranger, have 2 Notables that give 20 to their given Stat each along with 2 between, 1 of which gives 20 to each of the other 2 Stats
>The 3 dual Stat classes, Templar, Shadow, and Duelist are different:
>Templar and Shadow have 10 to each of their respective 2 stats with one in the middle that gives 20 to the lacking one
>Duelist have 20 to one of the two per Notable (Str on Master of the Arena and Dex on Art of the Gladiator) with the middling one giving 20 Int
Utterly unplayable.

fourth for anime

>Wake up
>ED is nerfed
What did we do to deserve this? Isn't the Contagion nerf enough?

hey poetards in beta
what's a good spot in part 2 to stop for a bit to farm for better shit, because having shitty res and a mediocre weapon is starting to wear thin

i should kept progressing no matter how painful it was

Is this baited? You can clear everything with just Tabula

you don't need good gear if you're a shitcrow just throw bodies at the boss

just choose to have a tabula drop on the first day of a new league

There's nothing wrong with playing softcore, prove me wrong retards.

Reddit is 2 blocks down on the right

Not an argument, you homosexual.

Not an argument

How's Ancestral Warchief nowadays?

powerful

The only AoE skill that didn't bat an eye at the AoE changes. Excluding that, it's still as disgustingly overpowered as when it released.
>Pick this shit up with Earthquake since I'm trying out all the new Melee skills
>Stick with Sunder for now since I don't have Less Duration yet
>Pop this thing down for the damage bonus
>SLAM! SLAM! SLAM! SLAM!
>Entire pack is dead before I attack once
>Shreds the Blues and the Rares too
It's not quite that strong nowadays, but it still hard-caries any Melee build to maps and supplements many Str builds very well.

When Is the next race?

Slivertongue with pierce y/n

um sweetie we only believe in one race--the human race--here

No. Still Chain from Deadeye and Fork Gem.

>beta
>Still using my level 1 wand as a summoner because cast speed hasn't dropped or rolled after 50 alts
uh

This is normal even in the live game. Once I went until level 82 without an upgrade from level 12 because spell% + flat + cast% did not drop.

I'm still using a pair of item level 17 Velvet Gloves on Legacy as an Earthquake Juggernaut at level 66. Every single pair of gloves that has dropped has been total piss.

Triangle Wizard with a passive skill tree and online, do it.

Path of Exile is a hard, skill based game.

It's funny cause I have actually thought about a Minimalist ARPG before.
>Wouldn't really need artists
>Just dedicated coders, which keeps team size and costs down
>And someone who can do decent shapes without making everything look like a fucking vomit emporium on screen
It'd be Triangle Thief, Circle Wizard, and Square Warrior btw.

a link to the past is a pretty good minimalist arpg

You bros think split arrow cab work on a league starter deadeye or raider? Kinda want to play it but bosses would be a pain in the ass I guess

where's the lab trial in act 8?

>free
>free
>FREE
>free
>free
>free
>FREE
>free
>FREE
>FREE
>free
>Free
>free
>free
>free
>FREE
>Free
>Free
>free
>FREE
>FREE
>FREE
>free
>FREE

dam thats a lot of free

$42 for cosmetics that are unilaterally worse than a $30 dota cosmetics

spending money on costumes for characters in games

Dota cosmetics are bound to a character while poe ones can be worn by any character.

Anyone who defends poe mtx is a moron, it has one of the worst models for mtx of any game "man can't wait to pay 80 bucks for this armour skin" "Only 100 dollars for this lightning scorpion!? What a bargain"

small indie developer
ethical microtransactions

whales like when things are expensive, because then it means they are better than you for spending their money poorly

someone give a reason to play anything besides an attack build or shit reddit summons in 3.0

>killing bosses in 3.0

lmao just skip them

Its literally the best mtx system of any game i have been playing for free.

Has 0 impact on the gameplay, and whoever wants to buy shit can buy it for all i care.

ED

I don't get what they're thinking pushing White and Yellow Map Boss HP this high on top of reducing overall damage.

just rmt your orbs then buy mtxs until you have the whole catalog

>Having fun in beta
>Playing sunder gladiator
>Just hit act 8
>MFW I watch a video of Reflection of Terror boss fight
>Quit

Haven't booted the game since

what a fucking joke of a boss

doedre was also pretty fucking trash, just repeatedly hitting the valve since it has no downside and she ramps her little funballs way too fucking quick for you to not just hit it when it starts getting even remotely tricky

and yet dumb niggers with scorching ray's 1000000dps on a 4l are claiming boss health is too low because they can melt brine king in 3 seconds

Its fine if you don't buy anything (except tabs) but for everything else the entry level is pretty high

Late november

I bought a bunch of stuff tough. Never bought points though, i only spent the points i got from supporter packs.

>the only viable builds for 3.0 are snoozefests like totems, scorching ray and rf

just like ribbit wanted!

who else here excited AF to play their searing bond scorching ray righteous fire build holy fuck i've never been more excited for another well made ggg expansion im going to buy 10 more tabs this expansion whos with me?

Untill someone posts another build that completely breaks the game, and then another build, and another build.

Why do you fags cry all the time how everything is weak if people have barely started testing the new combinations?

Reflection is a sideboss for a skill point and god power, just do it after you hit maps if your DPS or defenses are shit like ziggy-fuckin'-dee's.

3.0 release confirmed for mid-july 2018.

I think the reason we need more nerfs than buffs is because player power has skyrocketed to an all-time high over the past few leagues, to a level that GGG and a number of players don't want. Buffing monsters and nerfing player skills is the only way to pull back from the 60 second Strands, sub-24hr 100s, etc.

This is a good thing, not because players shouldn't be level 100, or because players shouldn't run fast Strands, but because the whole purpose of the game is to spend time leveling and tackling content, as a form of enjoyment. The faster everything becomes, the less enjoyable the experience is for everyone. If the power creep were to continue, given enough time eventually reaching level 100 would be sub-10hr or even faster. Your favorite streamer will have won the race to 100 before you come back from work on launch day. At that point, why would anyone play this game? Where is the journey, the adventure, or the chase? You play for one or two days and then you're done? Why not extend the gameplay out and have some fun over the entirety of the 3-month league, or at least a good portion of it?

Doing that requires nerfs, since GGG currently can't develop content faster than players can play through it. Before Perandus, GGG used to take a lot of time reducing player power repeatedly in order to maintain that enjoyable amount of playtime. Somewhere around Perandus, GGG got scared about losing player population due to the game being too hard. However, I think after Legacy they're finally starting to see that we've gone way too far. It's worth making the game worth playing again, even if it potentially jeopardizes the player count.

It's sad that we've migrated from a game full of adventure and discovery to a WoW mentality of wanting to complete everything as fast as possible, at the expense of our own enjoyment.

reddit is right. people are complaining out of all of the additional enjoyment they have

Based freeposter

>The faster everything becomes, the less enjoyable the experience is for everyone.

You know what, i agree with this, but there is one problem. Going slow in PoE is completely unrewarding. Even going extremely fast, T1 uniques are rare as fuck and you wont be getting more than 1 every week going fast.

Lately i have been playing a ton of grim dawn, and going slow there at least guarantees you the base items you are looking for unlike PoE, where 99.999% of the loot is completely random.

Do you think there will be more than 2 life chests in 3.0

>Favorite build has always been Iron Commander Champion
>Poison was the only way it dealt damage
>Poison now completely utterly and totally fucking terrible

It's like GGG has a firing squad executing meta builds on a busy street and other shit builds just keep walking into the line of fire

>Clear my 2nd map in all of Legacy, a Crystal ore Map at 3 in the morning my time
>5 other T1 maps, Zana, 3 Uniques, and 2 Arid Lakes in Zana mission
I swear GGG allocates loot across the server relative to average active population, rather than per-person, cause I never get this kind of RNG.

>exalt drops for me in the fucking beta

>exalt drop is something out of the ordinary

how would you make bleed not shit poeg

make individual bleeds add 10% bleed damage to an existing bleed and extend it, up to a cap of X% damage and Y second duration up for balance

Give bleed another two more multipliers.

Revert all the changes that made it shit

>only way to pull back to nerfing builds

no, is your brain broken?

xp penalty just needs to be fixed so t10s and t11s can't be run forever. make chaining t16s mandatory to hit 100, delete trade leagues until the engine can actually handle parties or add automated trade functionality, remove damage penalties/fix aoe, chain, fork, and gmp/lmp, massively buff div card droprates, cut back on more stacking, buff armor/eva nodes, buff life nodes, revert discipline and ci node nerfs and add more recharge to the tree, make ghost reaver remove regen/recharge as a tradeoff, remove instaleech entirely, remove autism upkeep skills like arcane surge/fortify, roll fortify into "true melee" skills, make block an option for non gladiators/necros again, make movement skills for dodging/obstacle avoidance rather than a replacement for MS, make maps 3-5x larger and improve layouts, add drop or xp bonuses to maps with garbage layouts, roll magic leaguestone effects into maps as potential mods, add a master for jewelcrafting, massive increase droprate on exalts to promote player crafting, delete pvp out of shame you ever developed it, allow players to turn off particleshit and weather, delete all forms of hardcore and add deleveling into standard, add a new hardcore which voids your stash on death and holds a single character at a time, bring back globe girls

bleed wasn't good

>arcane surge literally 100% uptime with shield charge while clearing

Lab is now dead, but anime is still free.

i've been playing this game for almost 5 years and i just realized that it's really bad

better late than never

I kinda have a feeling that since poe is a 'solved' game we won't ever really have 'interesting' ways to scale our damage or other things. like look back to old videos explaining why the build does damage or is good

>I freeze pulse 5 projectiles with GMP + added lightning damage
>Sure the GMP gimps the damage but I can hit 1 target with all 5 projectiles when Im up close
>I also pickup static blows (was that the name of the node?) for like 25% chance to shock so on 1 mob shotgunned it will be fully shock stacked with just a couple casts
>Since the mob is shocked stacked it becomes easier to to keep applying those shocks while also making it easier to freeze the mob
>with the mob frozen and my setup in a taryn's shiver the mob with then take another 20% increased damage on top of the triple shock stack and the 5 projectiles shotgunned.

Its the classic kripp freeze pulser example but it showcases what made the game 'interesting' in the past. You scaled your damage through combining broken mechanics in the game (pierce LA + frostwall for another example) instead of just slapping on 5 more multiplier gems, then a couple more multipliers from the tree, and then maybe another couple more multipliers from your gear.

It was cool and fun to see someone showcase 2 or 3 mechanics together that somehow manage to multiply your damage output by 10. It was cool to see someone make a build with a weird unique that becomes crazy in context with some obscure scaling numbers (something like the time when ghudda just froze any nearby mob with blasph + temp chains in an atziri's disfavor causing a knee jerk reaction (nerf) from ggg)

cont..

cont..

With mechanics simplified, nerfed, changed, removed, it removed the actual fun of the game. Breaking the game by twisting and bending the mechanics it so innocently gave to you was the fun.

Exploring the puzzle pieces of the game in it's infancy was the fun of PoE.

Inevitably this is where we end up. a completed product that no longer has the appeal that it once did to the players that loved it from the start.

The only thing ggg can do so capture that abusive feel is to give us retarded shit like arcane surge, maim, or other dumb abilities / supports that generically scale our damage (because all mechanics outside of generic scaling was removed due to it's abusive broken nature) and asks us the question, 'hey buddy, solve this one. What gem slot do you sacrifice in order to proc this thing to increase your main skills damage? And what is the best way of doing that for your build?'

Any semi experienced player will find the most optimal setup setup relatively quickly and play the next 3 month league abusing it. They wait for the next patch that throws them a few new toys inside this now cleverly constructed safe space where the walls and doors are all padded, you tools softend and the straitjacket just a bit tighter than it used to be.

anyway its like 3:30 in the morning im tired idk if this was a coherent thought at all gnight

are you copy pasting these from rebbit or something? no one's reading this shit

i read it. jk i didn't.

the golden age is long gone now and it's not coming back

You are a nostalgia fag...
I loved those days but they are long gone....

wait how

Traps are a bad joke and dosent belong here in my opinion. I play tomb raider, donkey kong or mario if I want this kind of gameplay...

Yeah but the retards here and on reddit love to suck that GGG dick all day everyday, defending even the most abhorrent of their design decisions, regardless of your argument holding water or not.

2237 fuses and no 6L
fuck this gay ass RNG ridden "game"

The history of everquest is repeating itself.

All of what you mentioned, plus Cadiro as a master, and Navali actualy selling prophecies, instead of randomly adding them.

>traps don't belong in arpgs
why don't you play d2 then? oh right because poe is a better game

>microtransactions
>5 $ minimum
>you can buy 1 fucking tab with it

1) This is a top down view arpg where you move by clicking on terrain (or using a movement skill). It is not precise and sometimes even clunky, especially compared to games where traps usually make more sense - third person rpgs, first person games, platformers. All of them have much more precise movement than poe, hence there traps make more sense.

2) View. The view in this game is rather restricted in terms of range, and you can't rotate the camera. Not once did I encounter particular corners, where walls would obstruct the view so I could barely see the traps. In some cases, there were certain zones where traps would go on for longer than screen distance, without any "safe spots", which would allow you to slowly and carefully pass them. In such cases, the best tactic is just to yolo dash forward. So challenging. Much wow.

3) Length. Even dark souls would usually have a checkpoint of sorts after a difficult part with traps and hard enemies. Platformers have short levels, again, to somewhat reduce the frustration. Other games allow you to save at any point, or have checkpoints. Here if you screw up, you have to do it all over again from the start. Like a long level filled with traps and three boss encounters with no checkpoints or saves.

didn't read your essay t-b-h

4) Connection issues. I am one of the lucky few who live close to their gateway and don't suffer AS much from connection issues (doesn't mean that people who don't have a perfect internet should be just ingored). However, controls and hitboxes in online games will never be as precise as in an offline game. Combined with an already not so precise arpg click based movement, the arcade like elements become even more frustrating. In any other part of the game the lag is not as deadly (with exceptions), since it is one thing to get an extra hit or two from random monsters on a map, and whole different story to lag back a bit and end up in a trap that deals % damage of your health.

5) Tiny final arena (uber in particular). Now, many bosses in this game have this problem, however with izaro it is even worse. Depending on the layout, you can barely move anywhere, since the center is blocked, traps are everywhere, and pillars in uber can sometimes deny you the last islands of safety, making it difficult to move around and dodge in a fight were you are assumed to move around and dodge, since izaro is a very heavy hitter.

6) Can be cheesed easily. Probably one of the most ironic aspects of lab to me, is the fact that a proper lab runner can beat it in around 2 minutes. By stacking VERY high amounts of movement speed, you can simply ingore all traps since they stop dealing damage to you altogether. And Izaro? You just nuke him with loads of mines detonated by a totem (so far the fastest way of killing him due to a glitch, that GGG is officially fine with). So challenging. So skillful. And with all the above mentioned issues, second best option is to be able to facetank everything. Facetank traps, facetank izaro, give little to no sh*ts about anything. High es pool with vp is one way, another option that I know is super high regen.

So in the end, does this content promote skillful, thorough, careful play, or even thinking? NO, because you can make it stupidly easy with certain playstyles, while getting crapped on with others. And that is fine. What is not fine is that I have to go through this with every single one of my characters. In almost any other scenario, I can do something - for example boss X is too dangerous for my current character, I will clear the map with him and then kill the boss with my other character who is more capable. Rolled a bad map for character Y? Fine, I will do it with character Z! So I am rewarded for having different builds, which are different enough and have their strong/weak points. But with lab? NO, F*CK YOU, every single one of your characters has to do this!

This is absurd.

interesting point of view but allow me to offer one rebuttal: git gud you stupid shitter

As i always said

Remove ascendency points, enchantments and treasure chest

Would you still run lab?

remove passive point reward

would you still complete grandaddy crab, fairgraves and platinum bust quests?

Getting back on topic, the reason why I hate labs is generally the combination of traps and door opening puzzles. I think just removing those pesky door levers would do it for me. The length is ok. I would like to see some sort of checkpoint system, where you can come back to each area directly after killing Izaro. I do think that whoever starts the lab should be the only ones to finish it meaning that nobody can be rushed to the end. I am probably opposite most players as I enjoy the most linear content possible in game. My two favorite things to do are and ledge based run(strands) and uber Atziri runs. I cannot stand puzzles in an arpg. I have tomb raider for that.
Peace

no because they're shit

People play soft core for a reason. They CHOOSE not to play hard core for several reasons. One of them is often that you can try again from where you died. The lab spits on that choice.