/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Couldn't traverse the white fog
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/r/SoulsSliders/HkrMw
steamcommunity.com/id/StealsHumanityForALiving
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dragon Girls

kys

Nice virus.

Anyone making any new builds tonight? Willing to start a new DS1/2/3 game.

ive been meaning to try dex in 3

PUFFY VULVA

Are dex builds the worst build for invasions/being invaded?

>you can't Randomize a build for DS2 or 3
Fuck I'm gonna have to actually come up with one.
Unless you don't mind me using a build I've already made, but haven't completed.

I really wish the Pursuer had lore.

same but the other build im working on is at sage/watchers
steamcommunity.com/id/Sormir

How do you get the faces right when creating a cosplay character?

imgur.com/r/SoulsSliders/HkrMw

Bleed is only good on weapons that already have innate bleed. And it does scale with Luck, but Rouge was nerfed into the ground so bleed builds in general aren't really worth it anymore.

HELP, PLEASE.
I want to make a new build but I pretty much already have one of everything.

>Armor of Light
Regen build golem / Gargoyle Hammer

>Bushido Janneck
Black samurai dexfag / Black Blade + Twinspears

>Eldritch Janneck
Dark Miracle user / Dragonslayer Axe

>Rancher Janneck
Cowboy build / Smoldering Iron + Whip + Avelyn

>Executioner Maro
Tank strfag / Winged Knight Halberd

>Modest Nial
Anti-mage trap / Yorshka's Spear + Blossom shield + Vow of Silence

>The Illusionist
INTfag / Mailbreaker + Darkdrift + Hidden Body, Chameleon, Snap Freeze , Pest Merc

Dual Caestus, shirtless male

i'm retarded, how do i use these?

remember when estoc was good

Try not being retarded.

Is there any way to blacklist invasion targets? Got pulled into the world of some hacker who had a giant green "Shrek" character head floating in the sky and it broke all of my gear at once. I just need one Tongue for a respec and I'd like to avoid reinvading that guy.

Maybe through Steam. Or just report him.

Had a Catacombs invasion yesterday where the second I get summoned a phantom called "SirDiesAlot" dies to the falling skeleton ball.

Had a hearty laugh

View -> Players -> Recent Games -> Block
Post the guy's Steam profile so I can add that account to the pile.

Iron Keep is terrible level design

steamcommunity.com/id/StealsHumanityForALiving

Obviously a hacking burner account, but anything to inconvenience the dipshit.

shit, even Alva's face is anime

it's still the best weapon in the game

DaS2 is a terrible level design

I gotcha. It's been a hot minute since I've done much PvP so my knowledge is pretty outdated. So should I switch to the Harald Sword then? Or maybe the Carthus GS? What's a good stat allocation and infusion?

Bluefags are always badly dressed and poor fighters

You generally can't go wrong with quality, and Harald is apparently a very flexible weapon that can be used with any melee build.

If you want to go fully into the realm of crippling overspecialization, you can invest into either 16 Str/80 Dex, or 66 Str/15 Dex, and use Sharp or Heavy infusions, respectively. That'll give you the most damage output possible with either spectrum.

And is the Carthus CGS viable? I'm looking around online and the most recent build videos mentioning it are still saying it's aimed towards Bleed, which you said isn't really a way to go anymore thanks to the brutal nerfs to the Rouge.

>16/80 and 66/15
>no 18/80 and 66/16 for LKS+BKS turtling and Splitleaf shenanigans

Look at this pleb, look at him and laugh.

>crippling overspecialization
there's more variety in a 66/16 or 16/80 build than in a 40/40 build. And given that almost all dex weapons weigh less than str weapons, you can use less vit/end on a dex build (or use pchain since you don't need havel's for poise) to make up for the extra 14 levels.

>cutting out the black crystal

I'll never not remind you of how much of a pussy you are

66/16 is best
16/80 is best

18/80 is not worth it because all you gain is the ability to use the shield of want. The BKS is a quality weapon, it's better on 40/40 than 18/80.

>The BKS is a quality weapon, it's better on 40/40 than 18/80.
le what

I'm talking about the Black Knight SHIELD, not the sword you dumbo.

You're thinking Black Knight Sword.

You're thinking Black Knight Shield.

CCGS is a pretty meh curved sword in general, even with 80 Dex. The main reason you use it for is the bleed, which is relatively unreliable in PvP now. Dex builds tend more towards the Kumo now, Astora and LKGS are also good options. Can't speak much for the Str side since I haven't done a 66 Str build yet.

18/80 has the best variety in the game

lks/estoc bks turtle
scimitar (outdamages pkcs, while only being slightly shorter and quite a bit longer than css/fs)
claymore
astora gs/lkgs
murakumo
rhh, lucerne
winged spear

Thanks. How do I get the bodies right? Do i just guess?

I'm an idiot and thought you meant Lothric/Black knight sword, not shield.

If you're shield turtling you are better off going 40/40 and using a greatshield than 18/80, because 40/40 will afford you a lot more stats for endurance and vit to avoid being shieldbroken. Greatshields + Sharp weapons is literally the best reason to go quality.

18/80 really doesn't make sense given how restricted you are on stats with an 80 dex build already. The only reason to go 16 was astora GS.

Does Sirris get pissed if you offer Vertebra Shackles for covenant credit, or is it just Pale Tongues?

Can you not

>decide to try invading in Ringed since I've recently completed it
>every single host has either one or two phantoms already
>blueberry gets summoned near instantaneously
Was it like this at release as well?

I see. I'll probably fiddle around with it some because I like the weapon and there are some interesting build options out there that make bleed seem ok. If it sucks I can always go all in with Harald.

My big anxiety is reallocating my levels into weapon/melee exclusivity, since I'm basically running the same style of build I did in DaS2, which is to say Dex with offhand pyromancies for a bit more variance in PvP. I know I'll probably have to shed most of those levels in spells to be most effective in melee, but it makes me feel anxious thinking about it.

DaS3 has always been hell for Reds. The best hope you can have is to invade in Irithyll so you can have Faithful's summoning in who will hopefully even the odds.

Just Tongues. You can go full madman and still complete her quest.

Hybrid builds are very hard to pull off in DaS3 if you intend to stay under SL120. But in general a CCGS isn't all that good on a pure Dex build anyways since part of its effectiveness lies in investing into Luck for increased Bleed buildup (you can still buff a Sharp-infused CCGS with Rouge if you want, it's just not the auto-win that it used to be).

18/80 lets you use a Black Knight Shield with a 470 AR Lothric Knight Sword, you have plenty enough Endurance on such a build to tank almost anything with BK Shield's insane stability.

It also lets you one hand the Washing Pole which is ideal anyway since Katana's have more range one handed.

Cheer up, at least Seed is something you can use to your advantage. And there are still plenty of mobs throughout the map for you to abuse to slowly wear down the host and his phantoms. Just make sure to block his buttbuddies ahead of time so that he can't re-summon them once you kill them.

Don't worry too much about blueberries, most of them suck ass and just serve to refill your Estus. Kite them into mobs and watch them panic.

maybe if you stop cropping your webm, pussy

Yes, Invaders had to get good or get rekt.

>DaS3 has always been hell for Reds.
I know and I know it's just something you have to deal with when invading but fuck is it annoying.

>And there are still plenty of mobs throughout the map for you to abuse to slowly wear down the host and his phantoms.
That's exactly what I've been doing. 1 on 1 fights and the host wants to duel? Sure thing. 2,3 or 4 on 1 and they can expect me to be cancer.

Bonus points if you can lure them over to Dragonslayer Armour, the fucker will literally chase them across the map.

Half of those ain't even dex weapons, what are you on about?

>LKS, Estoc, Scimitar, Claymore, Astora's GS/LKGS, Murakumo, RHH, Lucerne and Winged Spear
>not dex weapons

what are you on about

The route that I usually lead them on is first the cleric doggos, iron dragonslayer, big summoner and then ringed knights. The insect things are quite helpful as well.

>sl 125
>everyone says 120
>not bothered at first
>start getting annoyed at having five more levels
>it's really starting to get to me for some reason
>really don't want to replay the whole game again
>it's starting to distract me at work
>it's only five levels in vitality
What the fuck? I just want some peace but I don't want to play through again. I just finished another playthrough.

Yeah when those fucking weapons benefit more from a different infusion they aren't best suited for the most investment heavy infusion now are they you absolute mong?

Which of those benefit more from heavy infusion?

How do any of those work best heavy? Can you explain please?

At equal stat investment claymore is better as heavy and LKGS is 3 ar difference. Best part is your so called 'variety' is a grab bag of weapons that aren't even the best in their class for what they accomplish apart from LKS (arguable since Long Sword exists, but hey, I'll give you that one due to the longer range), AGS and Estoc. Scimitar doesn't have the PKCS rollcatches and lower range than CCS, Claymore is a very unremarkable GS in terms of gameplay, LKGS has high AR but split damage so it's mostly shit, Murakumo and Lucerne are discount EGS, winged spear is worse than Gargoyle.

If your definition of variety is being able to shield turtle better because all your other options are worse than what's available for the same playstyle at lower stat investment - yeah, you're right and I stand corrected. Except I don't think that's a valid argument. Finally, how much would 20 or so AR matter in a duel? How much of the time would that stat investment shave off a single hit when compared to 6 fth for a blessed weapon?

>hiding in anor londo against a ledge
>using way of blue and racking up souls as i watch a movie
>enjoy torturing reds and faithfuls
>invaded by dark spirit friend
>teleports on top of me, slides off my body, and dies from falling
truly the anti-hacker spot.

whats ur SL?

PS: Even if the statement that those are not dex weapons weren't true, your baseline argument that dex somehow has the best variety and not refined is even less true. At refined you can more or less use every weapon in the game without losing out on any meaningful amount of AR, possibly the lowest stat investment and most transposed weapons work best as refined.

Heavy/Sharp by definition aren't the variety infusions, they are used if you want to min/max a certain infuseable weapon.

>Scimitar doesn't have the PKCS rollcatches and lower range than CCS
Excuse me sir, when two handed it has more range than CCS.

>Claymore is a very unremarkable GS in terms of gameplay

That doesn't mean it's shit at all, it has a god-tier moveset with the basic R1s and R2 pokes and that's all it needs, plus it has 550~ AR on 80 Dex both one handed and two handed unlike 66 STR Heavy which only reaches that AR two hand.

>LKGS has high AR but split damage so it's mostly shit

That is such a meme answer, it's split damage is very high and you are ignoring how it is buffable on top of that so with Gold Pine Resin/Bundles you will have insanely high physical and lightning damage,

>Murakumo

It's longer range and takes more stamina per R1 than EGS so it has positives and downsides but it's definitely the best Dex weapon in the class still and no reason not to use it on a Dex build.

>Lucerne
>Discount EGS

What.

>Winged Spear is worse than Gargoyle

In damage not really since the nerfs to Flame Spear, sure Flame Spear has more range but Winged Spear will outdamage it due to being pure physical damage which benefit counters. Though if you're using a spear on a dex build you might as well just use Plow or Long Spear.

>Finally, how much would 20 or so AR matter in a duel?

A lot depending on health as that can literally make the difference between a killing blow or not, plus the boost from 40 to 80 Dex is more like 40-50~ AR and not just 20.

>How much of the time would that stat investment shave off a single hit when compared to 6 fth for a blessed weapon?

I think you mean 15 Faith or 10 Faith plus Priestess Ring. And Blessed Weapon only has good damage returns on high AR ultras anyway so that's a moot point when talking about smaller weapons. An 80 Dex Lothric Knight Sword or Estoc would actually get more benefit from it compared to the average Strength fast weapon while Astora's Greatsword or Murakumo would benefit just as much as equivalent weapons.

mugenmonki is telling me gotthards twinswords are better Refined, is this still the case or is Sharp still better?

>PS: Even if the statement that those are not dex weapons weren't true, your baseline argument that dex somehow has the best variety and not refined is even less true.

None of the people you are responding to are arguing that, my post was only asking why that user thought things like Astora's Greatsword and the Estoc work best Heavy and saying that's a dumb statement.

What are your stats? Even 40/40 they are better Sharp.

god damn it
i was hoping for easy ears at SL 50

>invade ringed city
>spawn in the swamp
>host is at the bonfire on his way to midir or the spear boss
This game is shit

don't worry im here all week lad

>What are your stats
im just planning ahead for a build with these in mind, i was thinking of going 40/40

>18/80 has the best variety in the game
>None of the people you are responding to are arguing that
You sure about that, friendo? Wanna read again?

>I think you mean 15 Faith
No, I mean 6 faith stat investment because you start at 9.

Now that I know you cunts can't even be bothered to read or think about what you read I'm just going to stop responding because it's obvious you're not intellectual heavyweights.

That first quote was literally not one of the posts you responded to in here. Dumbass.

>Now that I know you cunts can't even be bothered to read or think about what you read I'm just going to stop responding because it's obvious you're not intellectual heavyweights.

Ah the Lucifer-tier retreat upon being BTFO, impressive.

>finally gain access to Dark and Chaos infusions on my Pyro slut
>but already have a large selection of weapons of all types that deal Fire damage
>only thing I've done thus far is make a Dark Dark Sword because I otherwise have no straight swords
What infusable weapons are there that complement those that are usually good on Pyros? E.g., weapons that aren't similar to Onyx Blade, Gargoyle Flame Spear, Demon's Scar, Witch's Locks, etc.

Lothric Knight Sword, Astora's Greatsowrd, Great Corvian Scythe and Murky Hand Scythe.

That made me wonder, is it actually called "Dark Dark Sword"?

I use a dark LKSw and a Demon Scar

Astora Greatsword.

Yeah, it was literally the first one I replied to, ya drongo. is my first post.

What's impressive is that you keep digging that hole of not having enough IQ to follow a conversation. You fuckers keep tripping up to respond to some strawmans you make because you can't even be bothered to think before you type.

>person talks about stat investment
>16/80 is 96 total stats
>66/16 is 82, 84 if you go /18 for more weapons
>40/40 is 80
>I THINK YOU MEAN 15 FAITH
Ebin, simply ebin. What's more is that you kept talking shit about how a flat 7.5% AR buff only mattered on high AR ultras, when in reality it means that sharp infusions have to provide more than 7.5% AR increase for that extra 6-10 investment that they require in order to be worth it. That's not counting the life regen you get as well.

level 165
Vicar Amelia
ng+2
Looking for assistance
password: bbg
Name: hyde

The Nameless King is no more. He really wasn't too hard when I just mainly used the dark sword's off hand slash.

Nah, they actually thought of that and it's called "Reinforced Dark Sword."

>Yeah, it was literally the first one I replied to, ya drongo.

Okay you must be on a completely different visual spectrum from me or something because I am talking about this post which claimed that originally which I responded to with saying that no one was arguing that thing on dex weapons having the best variety when none of the quotes in that first post ever suggesting that was the topic of discussion. This is the most asinine argument I've ever been in with someone who isn't Lucifer.

>What's more is that you kept talking shit about how a flat 7.5% AR buff only mattered on high AR ultras, when in reality it means that sharp infusions have to provide more than 7.5% AR increase for that extra 6-10 investment that they require in order to be worth it. That's not counting the life regen you get as well.

That's just a debate of subjective opinions on whether Blessed Weapon is worth it at this point which I disagree on but whatever works for you. Plus Blessed Weapon only lasts 45 seconds so it's not gonna add that much in terms of health regen.

>not calling it the darkest sword

At least Deep Dark Sword and Blood Dark Sword are unchanged.

Ok

Is deprived the best starting class?

No but it's not Herald or Thief tier either since some builds at least work best with Deprived like certain Friede's Scythe or Faith set-ups.

Right now I am sl85 +10 and found that the dragonkin mausoleum bonfire in arch dragon peak is the perfect place for invasion. I always spawn right near the host and there's almost no gankers or blueberries. I'm hesitant to lv any higher since I'm worried I'll loose that sweet spot.

If you're a memey faggot yes

here's a (You)

it's the most fun

Why would you rely on a gimmick that lasts only 60 seconds and can be countered by a simple duel charm for AR? Anyway the important thing about that build is that it's the optimal stats for the best weapons in game, LKSS, Estoc, Scimitar, Washing Pole, as well as having good options for fun in other weapon classes that no one even cares enough about to figure the best in class.

>tfw going back to DaS3 character creator after Bloodborne

>18/80 has the best variety in the game
>best variety
>in the game
>in response to someone saying 40/40 is for variety and sharp/heavy are for specialized weapons
HMM, WHAT COULD HE HAVE MEANT BY THIS? HMMMMMMMM

Stop fucking moving the goalposts, double niggers. A guy literally says that the best thing about 16/80 is variety which is objectively retarded. Then some other guy argues nobody ever said that and that I didn't specifically say
>this meme about best variety on a 16/80 build you're trying to peddle is simply not true
and now all you skidmarks come out of the woodwork to tell me
>ooh, but it's not about variety it's about being the objectively best build for the most meta weapons
Washing pole wasn't even mentioned in the original comment I responded to. Also nice argument over there about gimmicks. Dies to a doomblade so it's shit amirite guise? ecks deeee

By the same fucking token washing pole and all your meme turtle weapons are shit because they can be parried/blocked and you can get backstabbed if you try a running r2.

It's beyond me how you dipshits manage to escape your tard wranglers if you cant read more than 4 words at a time let alone keep posting in here.

Someone save me from this nightmarish hellscape of fallacious cretins.