Certificate of Destruction

Hell/o/ friends.
I'm looking into buying a flood car down here in Florida.
Most of them have certificates of destruction that essentially deem them unregisterable.
Is there any way around this?

Engines fucked, electronics fucked, and interior smells like you. Why would you waste money on this?

A lot of these cars still run and drive. An interior can be cleaned

not op but can't you open the engine and dry it or something?

IF you could register it for some reason, the engine + electronics run and you get the interior de-stinked...

... man what an abstract kind of feel it would be to drive a 2016 Benz as literal shitbox. obtained for almost nothing and driving it until it literally falls apart (and it WILL. the salt is in every corner of the car, eating it up day by day).

Why destructing??
There are shit tons of parts that are salvageable. Headlights and rear lights alone should get some hundred bucks and they should be sealed and therefore dry inside.
Trim parts, steering wheel without bags, windows, etc etc

For the absolute thrill
Cert of Destruction basically means parts only.
Pretty sure they remove the VIN from the system

>2016 benz
>you can literally watch the rust eating the sheet metal
>shabby seats from some other scrap car
>missing covers and trim parts all over the car
>rough running engine
>riding the check engine light like a boss
>rubber chicken hanging from mirror

absolute apex level shitbox life

user being a hopeless romantic again I see

All of my this

SALVAGE CARS ARE NEVER WORTH IT

Buy a supercar, tear out the engine and rebuild it, put it in your Miata.

Why? mechanically/electrically sound but stinky 2016 mercedes

>electrically sound 2016 mercedes after going for a nice long dip in the ocean

sure user.

>mechanically/electrically sound

Dude.
There's lots of dirt and salt in the finest pore of the car.
Look it up, even examples that worked OK for a couple months WILL start having all kinds of electrical gremlins sooner or later because of all the shit lurking everywhere.

You either get that heap for almost free (highly unlikely) or you just let some other poor idiot have it or let it be scrapped.

I only own salvage cars and they're great. They were usually well taken care of by an owner who intended on keeping the car for another 100k miles. Most of them are usually garaged too

This. never had many issues. Especially if you dont expect much out of them so you arent let down

Find a same year/model/color totaled, Buy it. Put the vin from the totaled car on your mold-mobile.

I don't know about fl, but most places no. You need to buy a salvage one, fix it up and go through the inspection process(which is a pain in the ass make sure you keep all your receipts). If the flood vehicle is cheap enough buy it as a donor to a more fucked up cheap car that need a lot of body work but an intact unibody.
Usually you would need a full rebuild, there's just too many parts that get fucked up with flooding.
There's times where they are, but you have to be careful because a lot of them aren't. Especially with flood vehicles.

if you're getting the car for dirt cheap, then a full rebuild doesn't sound bad.
i heard you can fully rebuild an m e60 with 7k euro.

Don't get pulled over

>Mold-mobile
50 keks

Go home pajeet

The smell will never go away, it will stay in every possible crack unless everything is replaced.

>Inb4 Black Ice

Welcome to SlavTown.

>gut the car including any electronic suspension bits
>swap in SBC
>install junkyard car interior
?