Gotta lay some of the blame on the women here but this is just scummy by the dealer

Gotta lay some of the blame on the women here but this is just scummy by the dealer.

Dealer story thread?

Probably couldn't afford the payments

what the fuck are you even talking about OP

Could be a hundred different reasons. But my money is on the fact that the woman just doesn't know or care about cars. Or she wouldn't be getting a Hyundai to begin with.

I don't fault the dealer at all here, he's just doing his job.

I do fault the dealer in the following story from about 20 years ago when I tried to buy my first new car from a Toyota dealership and the claimed I was approved for financing and I signed all the paperwork only to be called by them a week later saying I actually didn't get approved and I needed a co-signer. I told them I couldn't get one and they lost their minds over it. I returned the car with about 1000 miles on it and learned never to trust a dealer

Giving away one of the best cars for trash.
Good job

>be hyundai dealer
>have nothing on the lot but actual garbage
>dumb bimbo wants to trade in a decent car for one of their pieces of trash

Why wouldn't the dealer take it?

kek, this

They sound like retards lmao, why would they let you drive off without everything finalized?
That's why I couldn't be a dealer, I'd feel like a dick all the time

They work for Toyota, they're retarded just like the people who buy them

Same thing happened to me in 08. Signed everything and took over the car. 5 days later they call me losing their mind. Because the credit crisis hit critical mass and overnight as a 22 year old with a stable job and no cosigner I went from a sure loan to an Unacceptable risk. I told them I had already signed everything and it was their job to figure it out. You shouldn't let them push you around when your taking far more risk than them.

>Trading in a solid car for a hunk of korean garbage

>any subaru
>solid
pick one

Fuck off you autistic faggot.

nice may-may

I guarantee she couldn't afford the payments so she cut her losses. Good on her. Plus, the STI is shitty anyways.

Can you really trade in to go down in payments? I thought they always wanted to roll you into something more?

tl;dr

>buy first brand new vehicle
>have discounts cause family works at places where we get employee discounts
>finance'd through a bank
>sales person says everything is good, deals are applied, sign and its yours
>sign, get a call 2 weeks down the road from dealership
>didnt say what it was about, said there was a problem with the vehicle, get asked to come in
>go in
>sales person greets me and takes me to finance department wtf?
>finance manager says deals didnt work, and that i have to pay out of pocket
>something like $4000
>they call me a liar, call me dishonest
>told them to go fuck themselves
>ask for my old trade in back
>they stammer and studder and say they cant do that
>report them to the BBB, but that means fuck all

fuck them

hi scotty

Definitely needed lower payments. Not a huge loss if she didn't drive the car like a sports car. Also, Subaru interiors never.

Why did they call you a liar?

Na man, you can trade down. They'll credit your car value onto the lien first, then the rest onto the new car. If it's not enough to cover the lien+elantra then you'll have to cover it with your own cash. The benefit is a lower payment.

>35k STI @ ~600/month
>18k Elantra @ ~240/month

>20k -> back to the loan instituion

How did you get the 20k figure? And why would your bank approve that, isn't the vehicle being used as collateral?

For being untruthful on his loan application.

Makes sense. He sounds like the cunt here.

Your bank doesnt care about this transaction. The dealership is paying off your lien, and you're starting a new loan for the Elantra. Any value left over from the STI's value is cash.

Also your credit goes slightly up for a complete payment of a vehicle. albeit, the hard pull for the new loan will affect it slightly if you have lots of hard pulls for the year.