Tire thread

winter is coming for some of us

1.) your tire size [xxx/xxRxx]
2.) what's on your car RIGHT now?
3.) in 32nds or MM, how much tread is left?
4.) Whats your next tire you plan on buying?

>175/70r13
>Nokian wrg2
>7/32 front, 6/32 rear
>Nokian hakkapeliitta r2

Other urls found in this thread:

providence.craigslist.org/wto/d/subaru-sti-snow-tires-and/6365727772.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

providence.craigslist.org/wto/d/subaru-sti-snow-tires-and/6365727772.html

Would these be worth buying? Trying to find a dedicated winter setup on Craiglist but it's kind of hard. Half the retards who make ads for their wheels/tires they're selling don't include sizes, bolt patterns, brands, etc in the title.

235/ 40 R18
Continental wintersport 850
Brand new this winter
Nothing yet

>245/30R19 in the front...the back is wider, idk what.
>changing all four wheels to R18. Tires will be 235/50R19 or some shit
I wanted more sidewall. Bought the wheels and tires for $380 and they're fresh tread. Pirellis sadly...
I just hate my current setup. Too much tramlining.

just bought some new ass Goodyear cheapshit for like 70/tire. top comfey

215/55R17
BFGoodrich
thinking of switch to BFGoodrich 235/50R17 g-Force COMP-2 A/S because of 14% increase in tread width over 215/55 but the 3lbs in weight and the fact im using 17x7 stock alloy rims is keeping me back.
Any comments on whether this is good/bad? Camry V6 XLE

I run pic related on my car, a '99 Camaro Z28. They're not the A/S tire, which means they're much stickier. I'm quite happy with them.
I don't think you need to get wider.I don't think you should get wider tires without wider wheels, we've had at least one user fucking destroy his car because he put tires that were just too wide on narrow wheels.

i got these tires in a package deal and the date says (1101) they're really 16 years old? would they be okay to sell or should i just trash them. they're Kumho I'Zen stud

by the way I got

Cooper Weather Master S/T2 Winter Tire 175/65R14

Buy Sumitomo Tires.

Thank you for your input, I appreciate it. Hopefully I can bring myself to listen to you and my gut feeling instead of sperging out over specs and the dream of having bulging tires on my daily beater.
Here are the specs from TireRack which always make me go hmmm....
>215/55ZR17
>94W SL 400 AA A 1,477 lbs. 51 psi 9/32" 25 lbs. 6-7.5" 7" 8.9" 7.5" 26.3" 791
>235/50ZR17
>96W SL 400 AA A 1,565 lbs. 51 psi 9/32" 28 lbs. 6.5-8.5" 7.5" 9.7" 8.5" 26.3" 791
>we've had at least one user fucking destroy his car because he put tires that were just too wide on narrow wheels.
Ok....how did that happen?

>Ok....how did that happen?
Cali dipshit in a miata had his tires that were too wide and mounted backwards (which wouldn't really matter on a dry road, realistically) went through some hard corners and one of his tires de-beaded mid corner. His car went down the side of the hill.

Nokian Hakkakakakaka R2

Can I run Nokian WRG2's as a winter tire instead of getting a dedicated winter set of Hakka R2's?

>Cali dipshit in a miata had his tires that were too wide and mounted backwards (which wouldn't really matter on a dry road, realistically)
>cali, dipshit, miata, backwards tires
>tires de-beaded mid corner. His car went down the side of the hill.
True meaning of freedom right there.

Yes, it's an "all weather" tire

>205/55r16
>Goodyear Eagle RS-A 91H
>7/32 all around
>225/45zr17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport on Sparco Assetto Garas

I have those too, 245-50-16, and quite like them. Pretty grippy and haven't worn out too fast.

255/45zr20
Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars
ZERO
Goodyears again

>1.) your tire size [xxx/xxRxx]
On the winter beater? 215/70/15
2.) what's on your car RIGHT now?
9 year old Mastercraft Touring LSR's that I bought new in HS
3.) in 32nds or MM, how much tread is left?
5/32, gotta love that rock hard 780 treadwear
4.) Whats your next tire you plan on buying?
Have four brand new Winter Force II's mounted and balanced on steelies ready to go. Last set lasted 8 years (and still have life in them), so even though they discontinued them, I bought some left over stock to run again.

I have 205/40 R18 and 235/35 R19 tires mounted right now. Not so many options in those sizes.

205/60r16
Nokian wr g3 all corners
95% tread left
no idea i only really look in depth when buying time approaches

>1.) [275/40R20]
>2.) Nitto NT555R Drag Radials in the rear, Pirelli PZERO Summer Performance in the front
>3.) Minor wear in the front, radials only have 1k miles left if that.
>4.) Winter tires. Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2. Full set of 4.

Bonus points if you can guess my car.

Mustang
Why in the fuck are you DD'ing on drag radials

Challenger

almost
yes

oh right now i have

Kumho Sol
175/65R14
and they have 80% tread maybe

2012 BMW X1
>225/50r17
>Goodyear Nordic
>not going out in the cold to measure (repeat for below)
>a better all-season/summer set, maybe continentals

2013 Mustang V6 Performance Pack
>245/40r19
>Toyo Observe Gsi
>275/40r18 Continental ExtremeContact Sport

2007 Camry Hybrid
>215/60r16
>Michelin X-Ice 3
>some low rolling resistance fuel economy tire probably for summer

Nokian Hakkapekkupiipa 8 SUV, 245/70/16

Those are starting to be really worn out. I'd replace them if they were mine, and not use them in heavy snows

16 years old = useless

Depends entirely on where you are

2000 Honda Prelude
>205/50r16
>Falken Ziex 950 A/S
>Firestone Indy 500
Feels good no winter

I need to get a full set of tires for my Toyota Corolla 2015, any suggestions?

2016 Fiesta ST
>winter set is 185/60/r15; summer set is 205/40/r17
>blizzak WS80
>9/32nd front, 5/32nd rear (1 season of driving without rotating, put them on a month ago and rotated what was on the front to the rear; fuck me I'll need new ones next winter already)

I just bought firestone firehawk indy 500s for my summer set in September. Next winter set will probably be X-ice's so they last a bit longer than my blizzaks. It's a shame I need the winter set for 6 months a year but there is only snow on the ground 10-15 days during that time. Blizzaks handle really well in the (cold) dry for being a winter tire though, they just wear out quickly esp when it's warm.

If I had a garage I'd swap them more often for those weeks when it's sunny and 60s in march

>buying into the winter tire scam
here we fucking go again, 2017 edition

pic related, meanwhile in Florida

I need a full set for my Toyota Corolla. Any suggestions? It’s a 2015 model

245/40 R18
Blizzak WS80
Not sure about tread but they only have 1000 miles on them.

Goddamnit its snowing already in the North East what the fuck

p235/65r18
Whatever nissan puts on stock (I think it's Michelins)
not enough
idk, I want something cheapish, but I also don't want to die in winter.

you won't die if you aren't a terrible driver
It's that simple!

altimax arctics are good budget winter tires. blizzaks and X-Ice 3's are a step up from that, and nokian's are usually top of the line but cost more.

3 snows so far here in Denver
>tfw winter tires since first week in October

>winter is coming for some of us
I just work from home when it snows. Why bother fighting that shit?

I'm too cheap to buy more rims for winter, and I don't have the space to store extra tires in my garage so I'll most likely have to go with all seasons.
It's not like I drive a sports car or something, I think driving like a grandma in my Nissan Murano should be plenty during snowy days.

Anybody

continentals

Depends on what's on sale around you

I just bought Hankook iPike RSV 205/60-r16 for $99/tire and a set of 4 gets a $100 Visa gift card as a mail in rebate, so effectively the tires themselves were $300 before tax. These tires are very similar to General Altimax Arctics which are very good bang for the buck tires already. These are even cheaper and I can attest to their awesomeness, I went from sliding everywhere to being able to rev my shitbox up hills to redline without any traction control kicking in.

These Hankook tires are considered a hidden gem by tire dealers. All the employees have these on their cars too.

For winter you just buy a smaller set of steel wheels for like $40/ea, the smallest that'll clear your brakes. Then you buy a really high profile thinner tire to match your speedo.

The advantage of a taller thinner tire is more sidewall to absorb garbage and to focus weight better to dig into the snow easier. 14in snow tires can cost like $60 each for good ones.

Or you can just slide your shitbox into someone because your tires don't let you brake.

>205 60r16
>toyo eclipse
Brand new, just got them today. Did I do alright or did I fall for the toyo meme?

205/55R16
Firestone Winterhawk 3
Bought them last year, droven ~3k km
No plans yet

this is dumb. street class autocrossers oversize the shit out of their tires to fit on narrow stock-sized wheels for regulations sake ti gain an advantage. that guy was just an idiot.

second
second

195/65R15
4 Brigestone Blizzak
these are on the car 5 years almost
New ones this season, Conti TS860 or Dunlop

so over the summer i installed larger brakes on the front of my civic so i had to get 15"s to clear them. picked up a set of craigslist Mini steelies and mounted new tires on the front, 5yo tires on 14"s with serviceable tread depth on the rear.
whoo boi.
with my large swaybar in the rear the car oversteers like a mad cunt on corner entry. gonna be a fun winter.