/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous general #178

Edition: Good job for letting the previous thread die

>ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe
Be aware, Thargs are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI

youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Scheduled for release on or about June 29th make that July 12th, stand by for further delays in two weeks.

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/pmUsuxhf

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yTICbDQUkzo
dereksmart.com/2017/07/july-blog-anniversary/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Kruger Fighter never.
youtube.com/watch?v=yTICbDQUkzo

>Good job for letting the previous thread die
Sorry for sleeping I will shitpost 24/7 from now on senpai

I made an infographic but I'm not sure if it's entirely accurate. Any feedback?

I will try my best trying to shitpost 24/7. It's only Thursday so going to work without sleep is fine. I would honestly think that now before July 12th there would be more Star Citizen shitposting. Or was it all just a one guy after all. No time to think, it's time to shitpost!

>galaxies colliding
I'm going slightly insane looking at this photo

Can you make a guide how to fly in Elite Dangerous?

>implying I'm any good at flying

How long until this week's AtV?

Who knows, they completely abandoned the idea of releasing ATV at a scheduled time. Could be at any point between 4 and 12 hours from now.

As weekend nears, my wife's son wants to play

New player here, why are community goals stuck at 0h0m with no option to claim reward? I want my money.

>maybe we can keep this one alive

We just need to say up 24/7 and post every 15 minutes. 4 posts/hour. I think there's at least 3 people on this thread right now.

what kind of goon doesnt even know about the poster count?

Why are people so obsessed with coming out facing the mail slot? Is not hard to just fly around and go in.

So today we get to look at pretty planets and maybe an announcement about evocati getting their hands on the first build.

>maybe an announcement about evocati getting their hands on the first build.
lol

Not goon, a Neanderthal. I am Neanderthal.

I'm bumbling my way through this game right now and I'm sitting on 17 million credits. I pretty much just bounty hunt and explore, what ship and weapons should I go with? I have a Viper MKIII right now with 2 pulse lasers and 2 rail guns but I'm pretty stumped trying to figure out what the next step for me is

Don't waste your money unless it guarantees you hundreds of millions of credits. For a competitive pvp ship with decent equipment you will need that few hundred millions. Yes, 500,000,000 credits.

In the meanwhile I think you could try to get Diamondback Scout/Explorer, not really sure which one is better. Don't take my advice about the ship too seriously. Just concentrate on getting more money so you can finally start to play the game.

i'm on Merope 5C because I hear there are barnacles here to harvest

How will I know I found it? Do I just have to run into it? Outcrops only showed up on my radar when i was pretty close.

You need to scan the navigation beacon with Advanced Discovery Scanner.

>Go to Alcazar's Hope on Merope 2A. (To save you scanning every planet, it's the 2nd planet from the sun on the system map, first moon).
From Alcazar's Hope you can see a Capital Ship hovering over a valley. The barnacles are underneath it; there are two sets; one spent, one fresh.

find a place to stack missions in
work towards bigger ships

actually i alt-tabbed back and watched a ship landing directly on top of the barnacles
we chatted for a bit but there were no fruits on the barnacle so we're ditching it

thanks, i'll check that one out next!

I think I'm going to launch ED after 2 month break. It's kinda exciting. Exciting in this lame and boring way because I know that fooling around for 30 minutes I will probably close the game and do something else. But shitposting on this general should be constant, keep up the stinkers coming in, we don't want to die before 750 posts!

Why this happens from time to time? Disconnection from server?

I am having the hardest time getting anywhere with elite dangerous, I've toyed with all the major jobs but I can't seem to break the 25 mil mark
I play on Xbox with 2 of my buddies and they are bounty hunters and I just can't get into that, it feels like there is so much more to do than circle through hazrez and claim your bounties when you escape a fight you can't win, I'm in a keelback with a fighter bay and it's not strong enough to fight, and it's not big enough to make mining profitable what should my next steps be if I want to achieve an anaconda

Facing the mail slot is good for increasing your chances of getting into a station when smuggling or wanted with out getting scanned.
Unfortunately its way easy to avoided getting scanned even if you end up in the stations ass, I don't know when it happened but there is no challenge anymore.

Topsy kekaroo

The only announcements CIG is able to deliver is about delays and estimates they know themselves are impossible.

We have evocatifags here , right?
we'd know if evocati got 3.0, right?

Probably yeah.
But evocati is slated for last week of July/first of August if I'm not mistaken so I REALLY don't expect them to somehow announce evocati today.

They won't have it for another 2 weeks at least.

It'll be at least another 2 weeks after at least the next 2 weeks after the next 2 weeks.

Also, we are talking weeks not months now. We are just around the corner to release this baby.

t. Crobby Robman

>at least
Just checked the 3.0 schedule, and the latest projected date for evocati is the 20th, 2 weeks from today. But knowing CIG, they'll delay it to the very last second and you'll be spot on.

They forgot to update the Evocati and PTU dates to the correct date which is about 2 weeks into august. (But this is also a bullshit estimate only to be pushed 2 more months).

CHRIS GIVE ME ATV YOU FUCKING CUNT I WANT IT NOW FUCK CHOKE TO DEATH FAGGOT

Chris isn't the one editing it, they probably have to go over the episode with a fine tooth comb to remove anything from the background they don't want to spoil. Probably being more thorough because this one involves planets.

Did someone call Derek?

The July blog is here!

dereksmart.com/2017/07/july-blog-anniversary/

>H-Haha I'm l-laughing!
Derek Smart is a fascinating man.

Real talk here do you think RSI will take him to court after they launch the game for all the shit he has pulled?

Probably not. After the whole Escapist spergout, Chris has probably realized Derek isn't worth it.

Thank you Derek, the savior of gaming and truly a smart man. 180+ IQ and COUNTING.

What happened with the Escapist was it some sort of legal thing because the letter and the story were both taken down by each.

I think Derek is on Chris's side.
Hidden payroll, just to create super cheap PR for the game.
Everybody loves to read about problems in succesfull companies.

Escapist took their articles down because it was proven that their sources were all bullshit. Chris took his autistic ranting down probably because Ortwin made him. Hell, he told Chris not to post it I'm the first place because it would make them look fucking horrible, but he did it anyway.

>Going through mailbox
>FWOOOM
>"You're mine now commander"
Where are these npcs getting their FSD's

don't you die on me

WHERE THE FUCK IS ATV ROBERTS

Why does this thread continue to be revived? Evocati is a month off, at best. 3.0 before gamescom isn't going to happen. AtV is just more pipelines and self aggrandization. What is there to talk about aside from kicking the thread along page 10?

Why do you give a fuck? If you don't want to be here, piss off.

Look even the game character is dying of boredom.

How do you get to have that view ?

Oh wow you know I could ask the same, why you were born? Why is it that you haven't killed yourself because your existence is not justified on any level. It's meaningless and the way you life your life is menial.

I'm just wondering why the thread gets revived for 8 hours of shitposting before it dies again? Why not leave it dead until there is actually something to talk about?
Now we have several short threads in the archive with no discussions, just shitposting. Why not just go to /v/ and shitpost instead of dragging this thread along for no reason?

The new camera suite. You need to manually bind the keys for it I think so just go to check your preferences first.

I repeat, what fucking difference does it make to you? People want to post in the thread so they make the thread. You brain dead nigger.

Usually there is a sense of community. Community doesn't stop to wait until there is a new patch... Look at /wowg/ for example, it never stops. You get the idea. There's tons of stuff to talk about regarding these games and space in general as well. I'm not here to talk about patch notes...

You don't actually need to be on this thread. You can always read the patch notes from the readme.txt and stay away.

>community
Community is what kept this thread going for over a year and a half of no content except for Grimhex and a couple of ships from CIG. We have been talking about the same exact content for over 18 months. No general does anything close to that. /pubg/ is already dieing, but they have the self awareness to realize it already. There is literally nothing to discuss except AtV and triggering all of you.

No argument, but what would be the fun if I couldn't shitpost too? I have just as much nothing to talk about.

>Haha I was just ebin trolling xDDDD
Pretending to be retarded is still being retarded.

>thinks I'm a troll
I could be doing some aussie tier dadposting right now, but I'm concerned user. People think SC is a cult and you aren't helping abate that generalization. I'm sure there are summoning memes on the Spectrum you could be upboating right now.

I actually have to agree.
There is no point discussing anything because:
1. CIG aint listening to Veeky Forums fags.
2. Nothing is set in stone so everything is just guess work at best.
3. We have no idea where this is heading until 3.0.

When 3.0 releases and we get some more insight into where this is heading, then we can start throwing shit again, because then we have something to aim at.

SCG is closer to Shitposing Community General

The shitty part is there isn't even enough to speculate with. CIG presented everything in such a vague and disconnected way, it's hard to understand if we are getting something that will be a great game eventually, or if they are putting lipstick on a pig and 3.0 is a janky mess that's not worth fucking with.
The worst part is how dead this game is really going to be if this flops. I'm biased towards wanting it to win, but CIG's obvious stalling over UI features to drag this to Gamescom makes everything just that much worse.

My Cutter is calling bullshit.

Maybe Braben is right... He made the game boring because the players are so damn boring as well. Compared to other generals... There's not even animu reaction images!

Staying up for ATV was a mistake

Geeez... so gluttonous.

comfy spesships

> My screen should be warped by now due to the gravity pull from the picture alone.

Are the systems like in No Man's Sky where it's just an area that you need to load and then can't get away unless you hyperdrive or can you actually go to another system without HD ?

Seamless star systems connected with jump gates. Your ship needs a jump drive to cross a jump point. Each system is supposed to be much more filled than NMS.

Alright, thanks

Any reward for generation ships?

David Braben bobblehead!

Really?For visiting or discovering?

What's even the point?
You can't see your engines, from the cockpit view.

Where the FUCK is ATV?

Completely finished and edited days ago. It's artificially being held back until the hype on spectrum is high enough.

Are you the same guy who thinks there's no point having /edg/ general before new patch notes?

i-it's ready when it's ready
b-but they're making a game, not videos
b-but it's currently only afternoon LA time
y-you should be grateful that you're getting it at all
d-don't be so entitled

Bitch I'm a god damn subscriber, I literally pay for this shit. I am entitled.

Just go to bed, it will be there when you wake up :)

Is Quince scanning still the best way to earn credits?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It still is and they haven't patched it out. I'm soon half billion credits and still rising.

what's this meme that 3.0 is stripped and scaled down? has anyone actually compared current and past feature lists?

No planets or 60 fps

That's misleading.

They put in loads of network fixes which will improve framerate dramatically.

While it's true there are no planets, there are moons to land on, plus Delamar is a dwarf planet with a landing zone.

The rings on Yela look cool as hell but I fucking hate the way the asteroids LOD into the ring. It looks really bad.

In fact, their LOD distance in general is pretty bad in SC.

There's no mining. That's for sure.

Mining was always a 3.1 feature wasn't it?