ITT: True Veeky Forums feels

>be me
>it's winter time
>have a 2002 mustang GT
>got it the first month of summer and drove it the entire time
>was a great car and still is
>anyways
>winter is quickly approaching luckily the old man is letting me use the old farm truck in the winter so the salt can keep the fuck off my mustang
>the last night before putting it away for the winter I drove to my favorite TT spot
>incase you don't know I live in MN so we don't have Touges so instead we do TT's (time tracks)
>essentially there's strips of road with some curves hills and other various curvatures in a point to point race against either your own time or the times of your buddies (if you have any)
>continuing
>mustang for some reason wasn't performing well in the cold the last few weeks
>figured it's just cold
>get to the touge
>realize it's the last time for quite a while (MN has winters of practically 9 months) that I'll get to race here again.
>drive the shit out of it
>mustang no longer sluggish or acting up
got my best time ever.

How about you anons share some of the best moments with your cars

>bought ny first muhstang
>crashed it into dealership killing family of 4
;_;

A week before I sold my AE86 and got my MR2, I drove across a beautiful winding highway besides the ocean.

The 86 is slow but takes corners like a champ, specially with my Tokico HTSs and other suspension mods. Every corner, I was driving balls to the wall, having the rev happy engine scream, making great use of my Koyo radiator and stock oil cooler, so much so that my floorboard was melting my shoes.

I had some overconfident Merc with tons of body roll try to catch up with me, it was so fun, I miss her so much.

I didn't get a chance to drive my MR2 much this summer but I hope I can have the same fun with her next summer.

Doing a brake stand in front of my high school in a 1979 Ford F-150 with a transplant 429 thunderjet. Guys jumping up and down in the box to get the smoke to twist like a horizontal tornado. Racing the guy who sold me the truck in his Mustang GT (1991), again in front of the school (rural), and coming a car length behind in the quarter mile. Drinking brewskis on spares in the student parking lot.

Man those were the days.

I had an 02 Mustang GT too. Loved it. Old blind bitch tried to kill me

>buy a 3 series to deliver pizza in
pic related, need I say more
fucking thing only has 87k on it with a clean carfax

>buying a bmw and not expecting to pay 3x its value for repairs
Even better
>buying a bmw without the knowledge to fix shit yourself
But by far the funniest thing about this
>buying a bmw while working at a job where you dont even make min wage half the time
Those reciepts put you ~3k in the hole, how much did you pay for the car?

Us pizza boys at high volume stores do absurdly well, for the record.

Paid 5 and change plus bullshit dealer/tag transfer fees/state tax for the car, came out to like 6.5? out the door i think. Dealer wanted 37% finance rate (No credit at the time), nah fuck that lemme call up Wells Fargo, Bam, 5k loan at 4%

I had an idea of what I was getting into, but I did not anticipate this. I didn't just throw it into the shop by the way, I did all the brakes, control arms, aux install, speaker wiring, subs, i re-wired one of the $1200 swiveling xenon headlights..

also it's a vert 330ci

>dent side with a 429
Oh yes

Maybe youll get lucky and winter will be as short as last year.

Not everyone is as technically skilled as you are. Not trying to come off as crass or jelly.

If you can afford 2 bmws on a delivery guy salary im clearly in the wrong line of work. What work did the shops do? Those more expensive reciepts make me think engine or trans work

>technically skilled
not even
there are 1000 youtube videos instructing in detail how to replace every single e46 part

SAME my e46 3 series drinks oil like a cunt.

the big ones are for the *entire* suspension
ball joints lower control arms tie rods bushings, tires, struts, all that shit, the $200 is for a KEY

a seven hour shift at my store, you'll make over a hundred in tips alone every single day. I made $180 in eight hours on 26 deliveries.. killed a tank of gas that shift alone clearly..

mine only leaks a little from the oil pan

>live in mn
>"time tracks"
Literally what the fuck are you talking about?

kekd

You don't have time tracks in your town user?

This sounds like something he made up on the spot.

This. Please explain.

Also used to deliver pizza with my 3-series.
I babied the thing and then it up and decided to blow out the coolant reservoir and melt the upper radiator hose. Never truly recovered after that.
Keep a close close eye on your cooling system mate.

pic related

>be 17
>buy 1st car
>crappy 1991 Ford Probe GT
>screw it, I have a car, I'm freeeeee!
>so excited to be mobile that I hit a hill at about 58 mph
>this is important, because it was the exact speed for that car to catch the downslope on the next hill perfectly.
>almost shit my pants in glee at discovering a new fun thing to do in backwoods Indiana.

Good times, man. Stupid, but good times.

Also
>winters of 9 months
You do not live here you lying fuck. It's like 4 months of snow at most.

Could be worse. Buffalo, NY used to routinely get snow from October to May.

Of course, lately, there have been a couple of green christmases, so I dunno anymore.

man I want an AE86 super bad
not just because muh initial D
but its just so damn comfyyy

>tfw test fitting your new wheels and seeing how they look irl for the first time.

We've had green christmases for so many years here in MN I've stopped expecting anything else. Although that El Nino shifting cycle thing supposed to flip back soonish IIRC.

>2002 mustang GT
>caring about salt on a shitty pigfat lol cant turn live axle pos thats cheap
lmao

Deciding not to care for your vehicle just because it's inexpensive and common
Shame

>

Don't feed the troll.

When I lived in rural Indiana, I remember several green Decembers, but the 10 year old kid from Buffalo in me always feels a little let down when there's not 2-3 feet of lake-effect snow outside to make tunnels in.

Can you show us where these time tracks are?

You are going to love your mr2, trust me. It feels like you have a rocket strapped to your ass.

The most fun I ever had in my aw11 was taking it to the angeles crest highway at sunset with one of my best buddies and blowing out a tire for the first time drifting up and down a 30 mile stretch of pure mountain beauty.

Before I ever owned my own car I delivered shit in a crappy old dodge caravan owned by my boss. There was one freeway that I would always take the interchange at a reasonable speed and overtake everybody for fun.

On the streets I would drive to the limit around turns while obeying road laws and try to pass people if I could as well. Eventually some faggot in a cuv got pissed that I was trying to pass him in my older car and decided to block me. Whetever, I will just merge in behind him right? Nope. He slows down to block me off and I end up taking a mirror off on a bus due to my poor brakes/heavy load and get fired. I hate LA traffic.

>Finally got a decent car in comparison to the 20 year old dying shitbox I owned, 1.6l 1991 mitsubishi gallant
>buy a 2016 Fiesta S
>Feels a million MPH faster, very tight gearing
>driving up and down, speeding through ledyard twisties

Never driven an actual sports car but I'm pretty happy with how responsive it feels.

Dont know about all that rust stuff, my Gallant has like no rust anywhere on it and I drive it all through the winter and never washed it

>mom moves out to the country
>fast country roads
>no cops
>haul ass in my 03 RSX
>bottom out on a sudden incline
>after I get to my moms house I check out the bottom of my car
>muffler looks like it got kicked by a football player
>oops

By far the most fun thing I’ve ever done