Thank fucking god

thank fucking god

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5UgObvliqFU&t=1s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Late
Also damn shame about Grand Tour as a whole. You need the hosts and the content for "good" top gear, not just the hosts. Even then, things are far from always fantastic.

last season was great

are you seriously trying to say BBC hasnt tanked?

Writers failed at making him funny.

Show still isn't as good as Top Gear.

If he was actually objective and not just making terrible jokes that somehow resonated with the American audience he probably would still have a job. He is one hell of a driver though.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

FATTY AMERICANS HAAHAHAHAHAH

good fucking riddance, still a shit show, why do the trio feel so sterile now, fuck bezos.

Literally nobody liked him.

He was a good driver, shame they kind of just forced him to be unlikeable. They should have kept their race driver stoic instead of annoyingly "I AM AMERICAN LOLOLOLOL"

I feel bad because Mike Skinner isn't a bad driver. I vaguely remember him when I followed Nascar back when.

However, the fucking Big Bang Theory level easy low level American stereotype jokes mad the segment almost unwatchable.

I wish they just let him drive and make his own comments or sort of be like the Stig where he doesn't say anything only this time you can see his face and facial expressions.

Not allowed to do that. You know who I would like to see? A non-scripted Randy Pobst. But that would ruin the """""comedy""""" value the lap is supposed to have.

My stereotypical built in America family hated the American bashing on old Top Gear but loved The Grand Tour. You'd be surprised at how different people perceive television.

Oh yeah, that was just grand
>v8 special
>mustang's "power steering" goes out
>smoke in no way from a planted smoke bomb billowing out, car is undriveable
>LOLOLOL AMERICAN CARS A SHIT AMIRITE

A step in the right direction but it will never be as good as the Top Gear we once had

It's weird that America is the only country that tries to be objective with automotive journalism in modern times. Outside of Detroit, people couldn't care less about where the vehicle is manufactured. People just buy what they perceive to be objectively the best.

this

>mfw "this thing couldn't pull a greasy string out of a dogs ass"

>writers

u think he was reciting lines?

he clearly was casted as a stupid meme, also probably forced on them by amazon, just like forcing them to open the show in america

hopefully they get more leeway for season 2

Skinner should come back to the truck series. It needs someone that isn't a rich kid or a guy that took forever to accomplish anything in a competitive truck.

This is outright false, TOP GEAR just doesn't always try to be objective. Pandering to the masses.

Top Gear has never been objective which was always what separated it from Motorweek. The best part of Top Gear were the challenges. Anyone that has ever made a purchase decision decision based on an entertainment show deserves it.

it's one season in and they've all said several times they tried out different things and some things won't be returning, remember they're trying to make TG without it having any specific TG parts, that's pretty difficult considering how popular the TG format was.

i thought the american was kinda funny, in a "he's clearly here as a 'fuck you' to the stig" way, but maybe they'll just go with *a racing driver* in future.

youtube.com/watch?v=5UgObvliqFU&t=1s
He was a great Craftsmen truck driver.

can't really turn this show bad as it already is

That's sad, his lines were actually getting funny towards the end of the season.

If anything, they should kill off the Celebrity Brain Crash skit. Even up to the end of the season they just weren't funny, even May and Hammond's routine for those skits didn't really hit.

>people actually think top gear had good writing

Dude they are like going to have a w123 TD benz wagon in the second season. If the old top gear was looking back on some retro cars on wacky adventures, in which the new one is not or never doing then you already missed out.

the whole cast should be out, the show is fucking terrible

premium so I've never seen it