/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Livestream 6/20: youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig#t=34m

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

This is the last true monster hunter bros

nth for halks

MHW will be the best MH game and sell millions upon millions of copies and there is nothing you can do about it.

No game past FU is worth playing. You know it to be true.

>DSfags think they're welcome in /mhg/

Could the FUfags/TAutists make their own general and fuck off? Please?

I swear to god I will bomb Capcom HQ if there is no option to get classic MH VA or at least Japanese voices.

Felyne a best, Shakalaka a worst

Tri was okay i think, that aside i agree

>dauntless devs right now

And kek that sjw faces, man.

They're pretty much the same game though. Well, Souls is generally a lot harder though, but still.

>choppy framerate and huge empty flat arenas no smooth transitions in animation and shitty monster design
yea looks great :^)

lmao who will be left to carry you shitters then?

4U is the best game in the series, you know it to be true.

It has been confirmed weeks ago that there will be gibberish monhan language, and it has been said in every thread since then

>he never had a duel with the shakalaka king

>huge empty flat arenas

Just like real MH then :^)

voices being changable to gibberish was mentioned in the jap stream they did a while back.

Kill yourself.

It was confirmed you could switch to Japanese and Wyvarian aka grunt speak, or at least I'm fairly sure it was

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT
HAHAHAHHAHAA

>kill big dragons to wear their skin
>get killed by skeletons a million times
Yeah, totally the same

noice

Lmao
I have never tried 1 and des but 2 and 3 are piss easy

The only way for souls to be challenging is to throw 50 poise monster enemies at you that hit in a 360 while you get staggered by a light breeze and your character controls like a boat.

>lmao who will be left to carry you shitters then?
>implying FUfags/TAutists even play multiplayer

>Have to stop visiting these threads for a few days every time new information about MHW comes out because of all the braindead elitist crying about eliminating tedious and time wasting mechanics is the end of the fucking world despite the core still being about hunting, carving, and crafting with a challenging set up.

These Nintencucks act like this is a completely different developer or some shit.
I'll see you fucking faggots in a few days when all the /v/ermin are gone.

>They're pretty much the same game though. Well, Souls is generally a lot harder though

It's called 2017, famicom.

Please leave, you complete and utter fucking moron.

>kill skeletons to wear their skin
Ultimately they have more in common than you realise.

>Well, Souls is generally a lot harder though
i'd pay good money to see a soulsfag break against an apex zinogre/diablos/duremudira

Then why does the gril speak english in the gameplay trailer that came out today?

I don’t understand.

Why are MHfags so insecure about their game not really being that difficult? If you even HINT at the idea that some other game franchise is harder than MH you get flooded with (you)'s. Like its just kind of pathetic lmao.

Maybe they wanted to show the VA.
Or because newshitters would be "turned off" if she only said xie xie and shit

Because gaijins can't read so they had to put annoying voices.

Because their showing off the English VA? It's prolly what the game will use as the main language and the nip VA will be a free download like Dragons Dogma

We are hunting some stuff in 4U
40-8839-4695-8509
rage
O--

IT'S NOT ABOUT DIFFICULTY, YOU SHITPOSTING FUCKING RETARD.

IT'S ABOUT HOW THEY ARE NOT COMPARABLE AND YOU DUMB FAGGOTS WILL EVEN COMPARE FUCKING CRASH BANDICOOT TO SOULS

KILL

YOUR

SELF

Burgers get really uncomfortable about foreign languages and reading, so it's there to make them feel at ease.

SJW shittery.

Holy SHIT

We're so close to image 1500000000000

>Why are MHfags so insecure about their game not really being that difficult?

Is there english voice over or not?
Why would they only have gibberish or japanese as options?
I'm calling bullshit.

Is /mhg/ full of unironic weebs or are there actual nips in here?

I am not one to say MH is hard or only for a hardcore audience or anything but I just hate that Soulsfags jerk themselves to their """""hard"""" game, and they are the ones who bring on the shitstorm if you say anything against it.

How is switchaxe DEEPS without using demon the arts in Gen?

are you that dumb or only pretending?

The best part about /v/ raids is that they argue with themselves.

See
The main thing they got mad about was the idea that I thought that Souls is generally harder than MH. Also calm down you autist.

Bullshit on what? The nip version will have nip language and the burger version will have burger language

It was already confirmed you can pick wyvern grunts by the nips and YouTube shills

What the fuck are you talking about? Did the guildgirl in the video speak french or what?

Listen. You're new around here so I'm gonna be easy on you. Souls is the casual franchise for dumb Americans and Japanese salarymen.

Monster Hunter is for autists and people with high IQs. Monsters require higher levels of brainpower to learn their specific hitboxes for all attacks, if you want optimal play. Souls grants more invincibility frames. Souls bosses have no HP, allowing more room for errors. Souls enemies and traps are literally IQ checks that you can't fall for a 2nd time.

We get mad because a Soulsbaby has the gall to come in here and imply that his game is even remotely challenging. It's like an engineer going to a physics forum complaining about how hard his baby fluid mechanics class is and wishing that he majored in something easy like Pure Math. We are better than you. Get this through your head, and you won't have any more trouble.

Nigger, I like both MH and Souls. I've all MH mainline games since FU, and all souls since DeS.

Both are quite challenging games, but Souls always boils down into fast rolling through attacks, get 1/2 hits in depending on weapon, fast roll through attacks, zippy, rinse and repeat until boss is kill.

I find MH being much deeper than DS. But once you get the monster patterns down, its on the same level of ez.

>MH is for people with high IQ's
Nigga what

What are the rolls of each weapon? I feel like Switchaxe and Longsword fill the same niche.

>Come into Monster Hunter General
>lol y do ppl defend this game
Soulsbabies are THIS retarded

>"move left" the monster

>gunner armor is all gone and merged with blademaster now
>will never have alternative looking gunner armor ever again

>high IQ
I know this is bait, but it's really fun considering je suis montés exist

>but I just hate that MHfags jerk themselves to their """""hard"""" game, and they are the ones who bring on the shitstorm if you say anything against it.

FTFY

I'm saving this one

Even more fun when you consider that meme is a thing BECAUSE these shitters get beaten by LR Jaggies.

every weapons is DPS.

Have you ever been in these threads?
Only FU autists say that MH is hard. Everyone else will tell you it's a comfy game you play to relax

is this irony
have you never met a 4U baby?
All they say is "MUH HARD 140GQS EVERY OTHER GAME IS 2EZ AND BORING ONLY GQS BROUGHT FUN TO MH"

Well yeah, but I mean like this:

>Hammer is KOs, high damage, short range

>DB is high attack speed, quick dodges, good status

Stuff like that. But swaxe and longsword seem to play the same? Like you can get a 30% damage buff on either weapon its just that one comes with it out of the box, they both rely on evades and have reach for days, they both have good hunter arts, they both cut tails well. I'm struggling to find differences between them.

>say that Souls is harder than MH
>immediately get flooded with (you)'s

I guarantee if I said the opposite on the Souls general I would pretty much get zero replies. Because they aren't nearly as autistic about their game's "difficulty" as you fags make them out to be.

>Everyone else will tell you it's a comfy game you play to relax

LOL

Wow, not the crossover I expected for pikmin 3 dlc.

SA is a better LS
IG is a better SA

>half the armor
>skills changed to generic tiers, likely only basic skills that affect numbers like attack, defense, resistance, affinity and that's it
>spaghetti maps with more climbing than ass creed
>no monster roster
>the retard handler
>batman hook
>drawn out monster interaction animations
>casualized healing mechanics and environmental bullshit
Am I missing anything?

>Hammer is KOs
you mean LBG, charge blade, prowler and SnS

the palico are super cute

>>skills changed to generic tiers, likely only basic skills that affect numbers like attack, defense, resistance, affinity and that's it
We don't know that for sure yet, what makes you think that's the case? Keep in mind these are all low rank armors pham, I think there's no way they'd just remove the huge myriad of skills out there in MH.

>likely only basic skills
It's too early to make this claim.

>It's too early to make this claim
It seems like that is the motto of /mhg/ regarding worlds

you're spot on, you just forgot the scout flies
well, i can live with most of these changes
no monster roster is realy sad
and casualized healing is probably the worst change since it touch the core gameplay
but let's see the good points
i think it's good that there is no more differents set for swordman/gunner
and weapons seems to have a better moveset in general

>MUH HARD 140GQS EVERY OTHER GAME IS 2EZ AND BORING ONLY GQS BROUGHT FUN TO MH
This is true and if you deny it you're a shitter. 140s were the only sort of quest that posed a challenge for 4 dudes and were a genuine test of skill solo.

I LOVE TO RELAX

>scout flies are called Navicioles in French
cute

Hello 4tard

hello Xfetus

Well if you play Frontier you obviously like to hurt yourself, thats something else entirely

>i think it's good that there is no more differents set for swordman/gunner
Why? Gunner armor is supposed to have less defense to make them glass cannons, to make it more risky to stand away and fire when the monster can come and nearly one-shot you anytime.
>and weapons seems to have a better moveset in general
They've just added some moves, how can you say it's' better

>X
Epic, simply epic.

Nothing wrong about enjoying a genuine test of skill solo.

So I tried Aerial SA and I have to say this is pretty fun. Using the axe and sword modes since I'm limited to one art is kinda cool since I'm not just in sword mode 24/7. Haymaker slice is nice too!

I wish adept SA was as fun, though.

It seems like they put the defense stuff on the weapons instead. So you have higher physical defense on BM weapons and higher elemental defense on guns. So it will badically be the same except you only need 1 set of armor.
What's a shame is that gunner armours loooked nice, hopefully they still have sets that look gunner-like

>Why? Gunner armor is supposed to have less defense to make them glass cannons, to make it more risky to stand away and fire when the monster can come and nearly one-shot you anytime.
well, you're right about that, i just hope they found a way to balance that
>They've just added some moves, how can you say it's' better
look more smooth, more diverse, so more possibilities

Good.
It wasn't fair that gunner was shit with some of the worst controls in video games but got better looking armor half the time.

New heal is worse than previous version
Go back to >> /v/

>It seems like they put the defense stuff on the weapons instead
So your armor has no impact on your defense anymore?

Wouldn't you want this?
Now you can wear whatever with no downside.

They're not really comparable. With Dark Souls, there's a few fuck-you bosses that are just mechanical boring bullshit like the Ancient Dragon, but generally everything is just "roll through attack with i-frames, repeat" with a lot of bosses you can burst down pretty quick. The generally considered """hard""" bosses of souls are either because they bait rolls with delayed attacks (Fume Knight) or just have booku-high HP for the game and seizure out massive damage unpredictably (Dergons.) Legitimately 90% of my deaths in DS games are falling off ledges and min-maxed invaders with meta gear when I'm trudging through early game.

I find MH has a lot more depth and options available than going on a wiki and looking up flavor-of-the-patch gear, but that's me. I enjoy them both. Dark Souls 3 is shit though - there, I said it. Worst in the series. Gets way too many free passes under the guise of "git gud" when it's unequivocally broken in so many different ways.

>anyone i don't like is /v/
fuck off, at least it's a real conversation about changes, not some autistic console war bullshit

>So your armor has no impact on your defense anymore?
it probably still does, the weapon give just a bonus to simulate the difference between sordman and gunner

>Cringeposter saving a pasta that makes MH sounds souls-tier retarded
As expected, you only like shit.

>"git gud" when it's unequivocally broken in so many different ways.
it wears it's input reading on it's sleeve. One of these days I'll make a video showing how different enemies respond to you parrying open air 5 years away from them. Or dropping prism stones for that matter.

>SnS is for KOs

You are a fucking retard for believing that pissant shield bash is worth a crippled crabs crutch compared to the Hammer.