/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Here we talk about all things Sonic! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #815 - Werehog Generations Edition

>Link CompilationSonic News<
Sonic Mania vids:
6 Minutes of Gameplay: youtu.be/uB9RP2SV8HY
Green Hill Boss : youtu.be/X1GZbQgtGLY
Chemical Plant : youtu.be/4TX2I3iUORQ
youtube.com/watch?v=52UGIIIp9WE
Pre-order Trailer: youtu.be/wvD8NZN9Zsg

Sonic Forces vids:
Sonic Forces Main Theme Rvealed: youtu.be/XI97jY3FZ9Q
Sonic Forces E3 trailer: youtu.be/dprxYd_16Ck
7 minutes of Gameplay: youtu.be/fyTzm8WgtlE
Full level Gameplay: youtu.be/6g6_rRqjlCI
Avatar Gameplay: youtu.be/TJZfptketUc

>Drawfag/Writefag Idea WallsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zm1BGVfqWC0
youtube.com/watch?v=cd5-GyjpSjs
youtube.com/watch?v=ufnydTymm2g
youtu.be/7BdhL0hcElo
youtube.com/watch?v=XI97jY3FZ9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=OkFvwo4bpj8
metro.co.uk/2017/07/04/sonic-mania-and-sonic-forces-hands-on-preview-and-interview-the-focus-is-on-old-school-fans-6753357/
youtube.com/watch?v=LqvFZCXPHrU
youtu.be/8H70emkCT8o?t=2m52s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZqrDgjSucwk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Team Dark!

And I fucked up the OP. by placing the previous thread in the middle. Please bully.

So I just listened to Fist Bump's lyrics.

It's honestly the only song connected to the franchise that I'd keep instrumental. The singer just sounds like a amateur to me.

>Fan vocals sound better than a company with a budget paying a band to do vocals
I guess I really shouldn't be surprised at this point.

It's Hoobastank. They've always been better with lyrics that are sung more softly sung than outright shouted or emphasized.

>jun senoue scouted doug robb for this
>instead of making music

Sup, fools? Anyone working on anything interesting in the DevKit? I've been hearing some cool ideas from some of you.

Just woke up about an hour ago. Tonight, I'm gonna try & work some shit out with my stage.

one day sticks raggedy ass boob cloth will tear completely and fall right off

Game design is not my strong suit. Instead I'm adapting the Sonic comics for a fandub. Yours truly and Eggman user will be in it.

Tell me about your opinions on Rouge's voice actors.

Lani Minella is great.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zm1BGVfqWC0

Lani Minella was alright. Kathleen Delaney sounded a bit older, but her delivery was competent. I think Karen Strassman has done the best so far with what we've heard in Generations.

Shame she butchered Bubsy though.

First one was a weak actor.
Second one was a weak actor and sounded like a chain smoker.
Her current one makes her sound like a cutie pie.

Her first one was bad. The 4kids one was bad too, but at least she was a better actress and it fit the design if not her character.

The one we have now is the best, but I wish she didn't sound like she was having an orgasm every time she spoke.

Meant to add: BTW, I think someone in here asked about pinball physics in the devkit & I got curious: Can you do pinball physics in the devkit?

>generations rouge
ew

the 06 cast was basically perfect

I used to not like her second VA but then it grew on me, I like how it made her sound pretty mature. Her new one I'm not sure on, sounds less like a prostitute but lost some of that maturity.

Can't wait to see what you've got. Share some screenshots tonight if you can, okay?
Very nice! If it's anything like your past performances I'll be blown away.
I like all of them, honestly. Not a bad one of the bunch.

Playing Star Trek Online has really soured me on Lani because she voices like half the female characters and it's really obvious it's her. I know she's been voice acting for around 25 years at this point but she has no range left anymore.

>the 06 cast was basically perfect

Sonic Thursday stream underway. Looks to be a NiGHTS themed episode this time around. Interesting.
youtube.com/watch?v=cd5-GyjpSjs

Are Fist Bump's lyrics from Sonic or Avatar's POV?

The new character is punished Silver.

about two months too late

I'm FAR too lazy for that.

Sonic

I didn't realize it just now. I even said this elsewhere the day the trailer dropped, but no one believed me.

No problem, mate

I liked all the Rouge VAs, but her SA2/Heroes one has always been my favorite.

Is it possible to make Final Rush-type levels with this tool?

I think Strassman has a good voice in terms of balancing maturity and youth. Manuel made her sound too old.

Cool. thanks for letting me know

You're welcome

SONIC AT COMIC CON

>Lani Minella
Started off rough like the majority of the adventure cast but definitely got better afterwards. I have a bit of a soft spot for her.
>Kathleen Delany
Makes Rouge sound like a 40 year old chain smoker. In my opinion one of the worst voices to come out of the 4kids cast.
>Karen Strassman
Shits on both of them.

one guy is wearing a blaze t-shirt, good taste

>Kathleen Delany
makes her actually sound like a film noir femme fatale like she's suppoed to

Rail Grinding isn't quite a thing yet, I'm afraid. The original devs have started messing with grinding, but it isn't finalized yet. It's pretty rough so far. It is one of the major setbacks of the engine is the lack of grinding.

youtube.com/watch?v=ufnydTymm2g

This is relevant now, right?

Sega should feel embarrassed.
youtu.be/7BdhL0hcElo

Sure. Whatever you say, user.

>WE'RE SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL, OUT OF CONTROL
Ah, that takes me back

there was a time when i wanted to do my own 3d sonic level, the concept was a convoy of trucks travelling, the level involving jumping from one vehicle to another.

it took me a few weeks to get one truck half done and then I gave up.

the official sonic stream keeps getting weird

What's happening?

the merchandise guy had Sonic branded facial cream stuck on his face and he peeled it off. One of his cheeks looks like it's bleeding and even Aaron asked him. Apparently it's not blood. Still kind of weird. Not what I expected today

>youtube.com/watch?v=XI97jY3FZ9Q
Can someone buy the singer better vocal chords? I think his are underleveled.

That's a nice concept. For this, I would recommend looking at Unity's Navmesh tools. You could have a convoy of NavAgent-directed trucks navigating to different points on a map, or just have them navigate to a single end-point to make things easier.
youtube.com/watch?v=OkFvwo4bpj8
Just imagine that these are trucks.

BOOM EGGMAN IS NOT ACTUALLY DOCTOR

HE WILL BE GOING BACK TO SCHOOL

Reminder to bully Buddy every day

faker confirmed

Does Sonic, in canon, actually need 50 rings to maintain his super form, or is that just a gameplay mechanic?

Let's hack the teen choice awards and give Sonic ALL the awards.

this is the game series that has SWAT soldiers standing behind giant floating rings

here's the model i tried. im too slow at 3d modelling

He stayed in Super Sonic form for a week at the end of Advance 1, didn't he?

It's just gameplay, because nothing suggests he just happens to have 50 rings when he transforms in games.

I'm probably the only few who liked her second one the most. Had a lot more personality to me.

Yep. It's canon. In Adventure 2 you have to swap between Sonic and Shadow and they actively speak to each other about one holding off the Biolizard so the other can get a fresh stock of rings. It is at that point that I believe it goes from purely a gameplay mechanic to being a part of the story.

I don't recall them saying anything about rings durring that fight.

Buddy should be our mascot. Not a dumb deer.

OR that could just be dialogue to let the player know to collect rings.

>What do you do about elements in Sonic Forces which older fans might not like but kids will? Sonic’s friends, for example. The goal in the demo level is to find Shadow. And, really… I don’t want to find Shadow. I’d prefer he stayed lost.
actual question that was asked to iizuka

In the intro to Unleashed he stayed in super form for 80 seconds with no sign of reverting before Eggman zapped the Chaos Emeralds out of him. Additionally there were no rings seen on Eggman's space flagship. So either Sonic showed up on the ship and transformed with over 80 rings in hand, or it's just gameplay mechanic.

Then you weren't paying attention. Sonic was constantly telling Shadow to get more rings because Shadow was overexerting himself or whatever, Shadow was struggling to maintain the power. Then Shadow tells Sonic that Sonic is the real Ultimate Lifeform, they beat the Biolizard and use Chaos Control, and Shadow "dies".

I can't believe someone tried to honestly ask a question like that.

What a piece of shit.

Guess we know one of the places Forces will get a bad score from.

It's insane that retards like that get to directly interact with people like Iizuka while actual legitimate fans don't.

what a terrible post

Source? Fucking bullshit if true.

metro.co.uk/2017/07/04/sonic-mania-and-sonic-forces-hands-on-preview-and-interview-the-focus-is-on-old-school-fans-6753357/
only brits could do something like this lmao

Prove me wrong.

That's cute. I like it. Here's a tip: I always find that if I get tried of modeling, or coding I swap to something a bit more easy on the brain, such as terrain sculpting. That way, I'm still working on the level, but I don't get burned out doing one thing for hours on-end. That might make modeling a bit less torturous for you.

you proved yourself wrong

>It's that same retarded article that complained about Sonic's friends existing at all

I somewhat appreciate this guy having the balls to say to Iizuka that they dislike Shadow. Because there are people here who would love the chance to say similar shit to his face.

>only kids like Sonic's friends

I guess Sega isn't only ones out of touch.

Pretty sure the word "rings" never left any of their lips, I'll have to find some gameplay or something

Reminder that Aaron buys cupcakes for the people who shit on the brand he works for. Meanwhile, you, who have likely shelled out hundreds of dollars to the brand, receive nothing.

Wow that whole interview is shit. Every single question is negative. I think Iizuka more than anyone else involved with Sega needs to hear criticism and complaints but jesus the questions are just awful. Hey Sonic hasn't had any good games in 20 years and Forces looks like shit. Your fanbase keeps eating these games up because they have no taste and 'can't remember the bad games.' How is this franchise still alive? Oh by the way I like NiGHTS

shadow literally can say something like
>I'LL COLLECT THE RINGS, YOU TAKE CARE OF HIM SONIC

youtube.com/watch?v=LqvFZCXPHrU
"Shadow let me collect rings, keep him busy for a while"

It's literally every single shit meme about Sonic being asked to Iizuka. I honestly hope he & SEGA are listening to the actual fans of the series and not retards like that interviewer.

Then I guess Super Sonic is just inconsistent.

Did they do the whole "lemme get rings" thing in 06 with Silver and Shadow?

I really don't know why he doesn't promote Youtubers who actually like Sonic. Why not SomecallmeJohnny? Clement? Cobani? StephenKnux? The Geek Critique? Any of those would be better options.

Did you ever make it?

youtu.be/8H70emkCT8o?t=2m52s
>I'll collect the rings, now it's up to you Sonic

New Sonic Unleashed video.
>Inb4 butthurt
youtube.com/watch?v=ZqrDgjSucwk

I'm pretty sure they did, yes. They always mention rings in Super Sonic final boss fights.

Because the Sonic twitter is all about memeing and confronting the people who shit on Sonic.

@181870184
Stop shilling for hacks like Arin.

Should be noted that game controls have been explicitly mentioned in game dialogue before. So maybe it's canon that they're all aware that they're just characters in a video game being controlled by a control pad or keyboard.

As shitty as it sounds, it's BECAUSE they already like Sonic. They gain nothing by promoting someone who already has their purchase. He favors Arin explicitly BECAUSE he is an enemy of the Sonic brand and must therefore do what he can to rope him into the memery. If Arin is part of the Sonic Social Media circle it's likely that-

FUCK EVERYTHING IZUKA IN STREAM

I know that a lot of people here have a "who cares? who honestly gives a shit about Game Grumps? get over it" mentality but stuff like this does make me legitimately sad. Aaron constantly mentions Game Grumps on Twitter and the official streams and sends them Big plushies and cupcakes. He mentioned SGDQ for all of five seconds on today's stream despite it being a pretty big charity event that involved a decent amount of Sonic games. He never mentions great Youtubers like Somecallmejohnny and Clement who praise the franchise and offer actual criticism beyond "it sucks poopy ass dicks lol what isss this." He never gives shoutouts to the people making great remixes and animations for this fanbase. He doesn't need to send out food and collectibles to every single person but some mentions on the Twitter would be nice once in awhile.

>Still posting these
Like, I get it, you like watching them, or think it will generate discussion, but I and many others aren't gonna watch someone spout the same awful opinions on everything over and over.

The only good Sonic thing by them was 06, and that's be honest, it was mostly Jon.

>Hoobastank
I think I've heard the name but I don't think I've ever heard one of their songs.

Maybe this'll end up another Zebrahead situation.