Mercedes Benz CLA 250

Is this a bad time to buy CLA 250?

I have a feeling that 2019 CLA 250 will get a brand new design and upgrades and buying 2018 model might not be a good idea.

Should I wait for another year or would you guys recommend 2018 model?

Anyone has this car and can tell me if it's worth $40k or not?

>FWD

>4 cyl fwd
>mercedes
dropped

for $45k you can get a M240i which is much better value for money.
the cla interior is utter garbage

You have an option to get AWD model

cla is worst in benz lineup

True, but I need AWD.

RWD isn't really an option for me. I need a car that looks professional for real estate business

Yeah but it's very affordable Benz.

I'm not even joking you're better off buying a Honda Accord hybrid or Toyota Avalon Hybrid to get every option plus save money on gas and have that electric motor help you off the line.

see
You're only paying for the brand. Even an amerifat lincoln or cadillac is a better option.

Also it's never a good idea to buy a car the first year it's in production unless you want to deal with the issues they'll fix in the next year. A 2018 will run much better than a 2019.

$42k gets you a awd c class - C300 4matic.
Or $36k gets you a 230i xDrive coupe.
Just avoid the CLA it is garbage.
This is coming from a Mercedes dealership employee btw

True... I did considered that. It's just that I am about to go into real estate business and I need a car that looks "upscale" enough to sell million dollar houses in NYC.

I agree and for right now, I do need a "brand".... It's kinda sad. But I do agree about not buying it right now. I'm probably gonna buy around June-September

Lease a C300 4matic or a GLC for an extra $40/mo

In that case buy a 2018 when it's heavily discounted at a clearance event. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT go for the 2019 model. The first design iteration of the update will have issues that they'll fix in coming years. The 2018 is refined but the 2019 will be raw.

Shit... For real?

I mean, in what way is it garbage though? I'm actually curious. Because this is my current affordable dream car.

Isn't c class with no option close to $43? So c class is significantly better than CLA?

Gotcha. Thanks for the advice.

I might lease Honda accord for about few years and wait more reliable/better CLA model to come out.

You don't want a CLA for real estate, the back seat is a joke. I'm 5'9" and I hit my head in the back of my friends CLA. Getting in and out is a bitch. There are a ton of better upscale cars in that price range.

Hmm... I don't expect to fit many people on my back seat but what other options would you go for in this price range then? I really appreciate advices from you guys so far

The interior build quality is just poor.
Squeaks, rattles and sagging throughout the cabin after 1 year of use.
Also the AWD system is front wheel drive biased so the car will behave like a fwd car.
I mean the car is not exactly horrible but it is horrible for the money.
C class is a tier above the CLA sobit is better in every way.
C class starts at $41k, $42k gets you the AWD C class

something like a cpo w212 would be a much,much better choice

Damn. Would that speaker problem still happen even if I get optional Harman/Kardon Speaker? And other than those small problems, will there be any major issues like engine/transmission problem?

Looks like I really start take a serious look into c class.

buy an Audi A3
build is better, more quirky and less slug-shaped
CLA is a poor man's pre-millennium c230 Kompressor with crusty, vapid throttle response and cheap materials everywhere

speaker problem? the speakers are fine I was talking about the crappy interior materials.
CLA45's tend to have some severe engine problems, i think the cla250 drivetrains are ok.

Oh I misread lol

That's good to hear that at least it drives fine.

Yeah I've been thinking about that as well. Can't say I love Audi's design but I heard Audi is better than Mercedes now days.

Fuck the CLA250 FWD plastic factory.

Current gen W205 is pretty good.

Or spend half the amount, get a clean W204. It's a much better than CLA dog shit.

If you want MB, but within ur budget, then CLA is the answer for you.

CLA is not like MB as it should be, but it is much better than civic.

CLA is the worst thing Mercedes sells in America. Buy an Audi or just a regular C-Class. Or get an AWD Lexus IS for cheaper.

I agree, but it is still better than civic, mazda 3, fusion, etc... It would be perfect for someone, who doesnt experience MB yet. They would appreciate it more when upgrading to the real MB later on.

The CLA is a decent car, but the problem is that you have to spend a lot of money for it not to seem low rent. The pano roof is awesome and the AMG Recaro's look amazing - but both are expensive.

Otherwise the CLA feels torque and taught, even if it's not actually that athletic. I would personally never buy it though, the WRX is a cheaper and significantly better car. Comes with a stick, has much more room and a much bigger trunk, more power, etc. etc.

Now the CLA45/GLA45, on the other hand, is a whole different thing entirely. If they had the A45 here it would be the car that every WRX/Evo/Focus/Golf owner's aspirational car. Fucking bonkers hatchback (that Subaru no longer has available) with a hand-built, all-forged AMG turbo charged engine that comes from the factory with almost 400hp and hits almost 500 with a downpipe and a tune? Holy crap, yes. You'd have to spent AMG money anyway to get those other cars to that point, why not just do it from the get go.

if you truly want a Mercedes, do NOT buy a cla amg, do not buy the new c class, do not buy the new eclass even - don't even get the s-class, unless you're going all out for the s55 or s65 AMG, which are both in the 170k range. Basically, don't buy a next-gen or even current-gen Mercedes. Buy an old AMG wagon or cclass, or an old 500E. You want the class, luxury, performance, and distinction of a Mercedes, you have to go back to the 90s, and even then you may just want to head on all the way back to the 80s.

Do not buy a new Mercedes.

If anything german, go for an Audi TT Quattro S-line, or a BMW M2. Otherwise, your only hope for 'classiness' will be with Lexus, and those things are butt-ugly.

>old MB
>your only hope for 'classiness' will be with Lexus

bad bait.

try me, kiddo

how many cars have you driven in the last week? ever? how many mercs?

Are you a female or asian living in southern california?
My wife drives this car, I hate it. People have to climb down into your car like peasants, it's awkwardly small. It looks nice and rides smooth though, and it's efficient for daily driving. Veeky Forums will hate everything about this car however.

it will always be a bad time to buy a CLA 250 and no it isn't worth shit

New Accord or W212

you think OP is gonna impress normie clients when he drives up in a 25 year old e-class?

CHEAP
LOW-END
AUTO

Just buy a Volvo, it looks like can you can take care of business without looking like a gipsy.

>t. babbys first valet job

>I need AWD
Kek u r a faget

Then a CLA isnt the answer either. CLAs are for thirsty bitches who want to pretend they have money by leasing one of the cheapest benzes on the road.

Stick with a staple model if you really need it to convey an image for real estate duties

he has a better chance of doing it more consistently and happily in a old eclass than he does in some preppy entry-level-single-bitch-gold-digger mobile. Of the many CLAs Ive driven, only one was ever driven by a man, and he then gave the keys to his early 20s daughter.

piling on, huh? what about you, what kind of average consumer-facing cars have you driven or sat in in the past week?

this, its all about the brand and looking 'proper'

re. the 'brand'
if you really need a brand, buy something a few years older - if you drive stick, get yourself a lease on a current or last-gen BMW (not in white please), or like says, get a Volvo, c90 or something like that, or a last-gen Mercedes. C300 or C350 are stable choices (again, not in white please).