Thread where we discuss non-meme cars

Thread where we discuss non-meme cars.

Get in here and post good cars that get no love on Veeky Forums. FRS/BRZ and $3k civics ain't welcome 'round these parts.

>pic related
>optional supercharged v6 or v8
>dirt cheap now

Other urls found in this thread:

olx.ro/oferta/vand-schimb-audi-a6-c5-1-8t-150cp-ID9fjB1.html#4ab8bfff58
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Every car is a meme in some way

I doubt the last gen Grand Prix could ever reach the Meme HoF heights of shit like the Fiesta ST.

I don't think you want the V8 in these as the torque would eat the transmissions. you'd probably be better off adding a better supercharger and increasing the power of the V6 like that kid did on the video "Sleepers"

I'm almost sure I have never seen a grand prix that's black and I have never seen one that's not in shit condition

lol this x100 pham

i always see them in faded red, crusty green, docile silver, or that putrid gold colour

the plastic is always chewed to shit and the paint has blemishes, exhaust full of holes so it sounds like a fucking generator

such shit cars

The G8 isnt much more in price and you can get that with over 400hp stock and looks almost like a nice euro car.

yay my exact car gets posted

Thoughts on the A6 C5?

I'm very tempted to buy one. Even though they are old af now, I understand that they have simple technology and not much breaks down. A turbo and a suspension every now and then but that's about it.

Thoughts on this? I'm looking for sub 2 litre engines, so I'm kinda restricted to the 1.9 TDI ( 110 bhp, 116 and 131 bhp ), and the 1.8 petrol (125 bhp), 1.8 petrol with a turbo (150 bhp) and a 2.0 that puts out 136 bhp.

olx.ro/oferta/vand-schimb-audi-a6-c5-1-8t-150cp-ID9fjB1.html#4ab8bfff58

I like them. The GXP trim looks good in my opinion. Sometimes I wish I got a Trans am instead, but I love my car.
>The G8 isnt much more in price
No. The GXP (only version with an LS3 and manual transmission) still goes for ~$30k. You can get a V8 Grand Prix for half that price.

Is Saab a meme?

From what I hear it's just a subaru made by different people

Definitely not a meme.
What the fuck?

he's talking about the 9-2x which is basically a wrx, all non-SUV Saabs are Swedish

I love my GTP. Selling to my brother this week as my new IS350 is replacing it. Great cars, mine is still going strong at 200k with nothing slipping or running rough

Thoughts on the Ion Redline?
>doesnt rust
>glorious suicide doors
>supercharger
>ecotec engine has a surprising aftermarket iirc
>could probably make 300hp easily
>recaro seats
The only issue benchracers would have is
>fwd

Electrical gremlins, and that front suspension setup was already too weak for the A4, it's a straight up disaster on the A6. Especially since the balljoints aren't separate pieces from the control arms, so the only way to replace worn suspension balljoints is to replace six goddamn control arms.
At least Passat parts fit.

I'd look into getting a B6 A4 though, easier to find smaller engines for tax reasons, sleeker looks, and most importantly front suspension that doesn't have to be completely replaced every couple of years.

PT Cruiser GT. Can be found with a 5-speed, and they have the alloy-block iron-sleeved 2.4L EDZ/J that the Neon SRT-4 had. 250hp stock, can go up to about 350 with injectors, a tune, and an exhaust.
With just bolt on stuff like better intercooler and a bigger turbo and head mods, you can make about 500hp before you need to worry about breaking anything. Feel free to shove as much boost as you can make into them, ive seen them make 29 PSI with pump gas without issue.

Tons of interior room, good visibility, and they actually handle really well.

I know there is at least one user here that has one, I think it’s silver.

Don't really hear anything about the Mazdaspeed Protege.

>G8 isn’t that much more than a sub-$10k car
>400hp stock

Both of these statements are incredibly inaccurate. G8s with 70k miles go for $16k-$20k+ while only making 360 hp with a 6 speed auto.

You can get a lightly used 15’ charger R/T with 375 hp/400 lb-ft or a 2008-2010 Charger SRT8 for the same price

Sorry, a Grand Prix GP or GTP or w/e is like a $6k car, they had issues. A G8, V6 or V8, is a totally different beast, they will be classics, and yeah they can go for $15,000 with a shit ton of miles, and they exceed $20,000, if you can even find one that's truly for sale.

Very under appreciated car, the bangle butt doesn't help.

They seem cool but pretty slow, almost got one as my daily but it sold before I could get around to it

FWD and only available in autotragic but somehow I still want one as a winter beater

Will always like this and the E63 M6, people think they're ugly as fuck but I really don't think so.
Also V10, I'm a sucker for any cary with a V10.

any car*