Why does Porsche nickel-and-dime you so much for options?

>you want a color that isn't silver? that'll be 3k
>you want some contrast in the interior instead of miles of black plastic? that'll be 3k
>you want a wheel that isn't a boring heavy 5-spoke? that'll be 5k
>you want more features than a base model Hyundai? that'll be 20k
>you want the right suspension/tires/brakes/tuning for the track? that'll be 30k
>you want a yellow tachometer, white clock face, a paint wheel hub, a silver fuel door, a cargo net, and a black badge instead of a white badge? that'll be 5k
You might as well not even list the base price for fuck sakes.

Because even when optioned out, their cars are the fucking best.

Corvettes out sell Porsche's for a reason. Only douches pick stupid option packages.

I'd fucking hope so for the price you pay. I'd rather get a modestly equipped BMW M2 or a Corvette Z51 than a barebones Cayman making 300HP.

Every single brand does this, Porsche is just an extreme example. When people are actually in a dealership buying a car they don't say the wheel is $5000, they say it's an extra $80 a month. $80 is nothing, that's just a nice dinner! It's no different than selling performance pedal sets on Scions for just an extra $2 a month. It's $2. Nobody stops to consider they are paying $250 in the long term for some chinese pedals they can buy on ebay for $8.

Blame consumers, who are fine with Porsche doing it like Sony ripping off consumers with DLCs, microtransactions, loot boxes, etc...

Most options such as paint tachometers, are useless and unnecessary, but consumers want them anyway. Porsche just offers what consumer wants.

Fuck off you manchild

>triggered poorfag

you don;t need all options, you silly. They are just "non-essential" and "cosmetic" items.

I'm not poor. Go back to /v with your shitty gayming terms

so you're saying consumers are stupid?

Why are you looking at Porsches? They do not allow spergs to purchase their fine automobiles. You should not even be allowed to access the web site. Also, you are a whiny bitch. You can shut up now.

no you. That user is right. If you don't like it, then buy elsewhere.

>bitching about options on a 100k car

>60k car is a 90k car
>100k car is a 150k car
>200k car is a 300k car

>what are options

I didn't say he was wrong you ret

Because people will pay it.

>being this triggered by the mere mention of a game console
Lmao, you're calling him a manchild?

I'd honestly rather have an Exige than a Cayman.

>ripping off consumers with DLCs, microtransactions, loot boxes, etc...
>doing it like Sony

Sony is literally the tamest of the big game companies when it comes to that. Even Nintendo is worse.

One is a daily driver with two big trunks. One is a track car with hardly any storage at all. They're hardly even comparable.

Options are like loot boxes dude

5 dollars for a single character and the associated music and stage in Smash 4

Buy a couple years old Porsche and save a bundle. Mine came from some user in Chicago the invoice came with the car and listed for $73k. Only had 3500 miles on it and i was out the door at $45k. WINNING!

You shouldn't be looking at Porsches if you can't even afford the options.

Leave this brand for us who can actually afford them and maintain them properly. We don't need more people attending PCA events with beat to shit Porsches who only join for a month or two then leave because the car is bankrupting them.