Unpopular Veeky Forumspions

My newest car is a stick after driving an autotragic for 8 years. I think driving stick is overrated.

Get out of that stop-and-go traffic, and maybe you'll enjoy yourself.

Automatic is pretty nice. Soon it'll be muscle memory though and then it's nice and smooth

agreed

manual is objectively awful

My newest car is an autotragic after driving a manual for 13 years. I think driving stick is overrated.

How long have you been driving it for. Everyone I knew who switched to manual took a couple of months to 100% adjust, now they can't go back.

never driven autotragic, so I can't tell.

But I don't see any problem with it as long as it has a sequential mode without automatic change. Plus if it is paddle-shift you get better hold of the wheel.

Cool. I had an auto for 6 months and hated it. Back in a manual and loving life.

I think internet trolling is overrated, but here we are!

Sequential mode even with no paddle shifters makes a huge difference between auto gearboxes. Being able to change gears manually without having to worry about stalling is great. Of course it would be fun to have complete control of the transmission via a clutch but for a daily driver it's more than enough.

>learn how to rev match
>find empty, curvy mountain road
>slow down coming up to curve
>down shift to second with perfect rev match
>floor it while 1/4 way into curve
>as you exit and redline second get a smooth shift to 3rd
>feel the torque increase and pull you away
>???
>have most euphoric and exciting feeling you will ever have

wow Veeky Forums is really tryhard when it comes to manual

Drifting is a really good way to see if someone is a shitty driver or not.

For a daily driver fully automatic is enough, that's the whole point about automatics: confort.

I don't have problems with stalling while driving fast, but it is clear that paddle shifters allow for a better control of the wheel. Decent ones will rev-match automatically and be fully manual in manual mode (no automatic gearshift even if you hit redline). Makes fast driving easier.

I would prefer manual in a light roadster with moderate power, to enjoy spirited driving in mountain roads. But for really fast cars I think that paddles are better.

Fucking this. You'll have to pry my shifter out of my cold, dead hand.

Same I heard so much good things about driving Manual and it's just tedious compared to auto .

BMW is trash and the owners are even worse.

>nobody responded to my first post so I'll post again

I'll krump with you, sweetie.

I accidentally redlined w/ my autotragic paddle shiftys today lol. Downshifted to hop around a car and then got distracted immediately after.

Hope my car is not kill lol.

not trying bait kid

just voicing my opinion in a thread for it

apparently thats enough to offend you

If you never check your cars fluids, you absolutely deserve it if you car ever breaks down, regardless of the issue.

Now you've got it!

might as well post the full list already been called out so whatever right

RWD is overrated
FWD is fun if you know how to drive and most people who dont like it are just incapable of that
American V8s sound like shit
80s cars are ugly
most muscle cars were complete shit
most of the big 90s JDM cars are ugly or just straight up boring
box flares are shit
battlecars are lame as hell
DCT is better than manual for driving involvement because you can actually focus more on driving
manual is an outdated pile of shit that has no place in the world of today and should be discontinued
stance is aesthetically pleasing
Tesla is the best car company of the 2010s
LS swaps are actually shit for the price you pay and most people who advocate them are really ignorant of cars

Driving a stick in traffic sucks ass, especially heavy commuter stuff. If I still lived in the beach area of LA I would never own one again but most other places it is great. After a while it is not even something you think about.

>>stance is aesthetically pleasing

You lost all credibility with is part.

i only agree with the ls swap but you do you man

k I know the phil/o/s rule the board

Redlining isn't always bad, it's only bad when you hold it at redline for a while and bounce off the Rev limiter

What are you doing on Veeky Forums

This upsets me more than it has any right to

I'm certain you tripped up just to pick fights on this board. Every time I see a post from you, you're posting something retarded to rile up a bunch of anonymous faggots. It's getting old my man

I like cars
I know most of Veeky Forums doesnt and only cares for the memes but tis why Im here

quite the contrary my thin skinned associate

I tripped up so the easily triggered could filter me instead of getting their fee fees hurt and shitting up threads

even as anonymous I posted the same shit

Every stancefag tripfag on this board eventually stops posting when they get in a horrible accident due to the stance and either can't own up to it or it was their only car and now this affects their income. I'm not even kidding about that

see the thing is I dont own a stanced car anymore and my last accident was 2 years ago when I put myself into a ditch and that did no damage

Im on extended vacay atm anyway

>You like cars
You seem to do a lot more disliking than liking cars. Very picky desu.

>extended vacay

So you're a neet.

nothing wrong with that
good to have standards and defined taste

basically still do something every once in a while to make some monies

lifes a good atm my dude

Took it into the mountains and it was kinda samey just shifting back and forth between 2nd and 3rd. I got more of a tickle pulling 0.75+ g's in the corners

2 months now. Live in LA so it's mostly fucking gridlock

>cries about bmw in literally EVERY thread
Give it a rest faggot

You need to use it to slow the car down like a second brake and to control the car instead of treating it like an auto that forces you to change gears.

I have an auto with 8 gears and seems like i have to pull the same lever too many times just getting up to 60.
Not quite so fun as manual but there is a bit more choice of where to place engine rpm

I had a manual JK Wrangler and it was pretty bad. The drive-by-wire accelerator pedal tuning was awful. At tip-in, there was what felt like a 1/8 inch dead zone, then when there was a response, the engine jumped to around 2,200 RPM. There was no way to hold an RPM any lower. This made balancing the clutch and accelerator from a stop very hard. I would either not press the accelerator hard enough, leaving me still in the dead zone and lugging the engine, or I wouldn't lift the clutch quick enough once I found the point of response in the accelerator, causing excessive wear on the clutch. It got to a point where I wouldn't even try to accelerate, and just use the engine's torque at idle to fully release the clutch before accelerating. It took a little bit longer, but it was much easier.

I hate modern day cars. Give me the 80s and mid 90s all day.

I like riced cars
it nice to see some a bit different on the road

i feel very weird at this point driving an automatic, I freak out for the first 5 minutes whenever I have to come to a stop or brake

Inspections are a good thing if executed properly and not half assed. Emissions testing is a good thing in built up areas if executed properly and not half assed.

these started out good, and got more shit as it went on

I drive a manual in LA and love it. Just drive fast all the time.

It's only tedious if you make it tedious. Just ignore the road laws and suddenly it is fun.

Ive been driving stick for 3 years now and I think its bad for a daily driver.

It is only bad for a daily driver if you drive slow every day lmao.

>everyday in LA

These roads dont exist.

>paddle fags and autofags will never understand this
Yes
Why haven't mods banned this autismo

Been driving stick for a year and can't look bad.
It's a lot more enjoyable and engaging.
Also live in Houston, which is notorious for its traffic. Even stop and go traffic isn't all that bad. Especially when you fuck around and overrev your V8 next to fags and their prius's.

>all these validation seekers

What exactly happens if you bounce off the limiter for a while? I've never actually understood this.

Nothing "exactly" happens. But it's hard on your crankshaft and rod bearings, and some engines valvetrain systems aren't good at handling high rpms. The forces on your rod bearings increase squared for the rpm increase, so you triple the rpm, that's 9x the forces on the bearing. You also need to monitor engine oil temp if your redlining for extending periods of time during endurance racing and such.

Bouncing off the limiter a handful of times more than likely won't damage anything, unless your engine is old af. I've taken 80s carbed engines 2000rpm past redline quite a few times, and haven't seen any I'll effect.

light yourself on fire, fudge packer

Maybe in the middle of Kansas McCletus

I welcome some level of autonomy in cars because I don't want to drive in stop-and-go traffic.

>Tesla is the best car company of the 2010s