Thoughts on BMW i8?

:weary:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9cZ1sWcZK-s
youtube.com/watch?v=fxe_b2GRwok
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a more accessible hyper hybrid but it's built as a tech showcase, i imagine they'll be viciously unreliable with sky high parts costs and horrible to work on, all for performance that's....alright i guess

The 8 Series they're making will probably be more warmly remembered.

seriously doubt anything bmw makes in the next decade short of the M2 will be warmly remembered.

>Super fast for 3 bangers
>supercar with 330 miles range, thanks to BMW's super hybrid system.
>it looks so futuristic
I think BMW nailed it.

It's a very well thought car. It will be remembered as a car of it's time. As all the tech that it has ages it may start to look a bit more like the old 8 Series that also had an impressive engine for its time. Probably not the car to get on the rebound market tho.

a good try

It's as deserving of the name M1 as the new NSX is deserving of the name NSX.

Drop a 3.0 twin turbo engine in that bitch

Looks like it wants to be in Tron
It's not all that fast

Ugly and very boring. Not worth the money.

Looks cool, but it is overpriced and underpowered

It can't even justify being heavy and low on power by a manual, which would make it fun.

>haram

Awesome but ridiculously overengineered car.

Anyone have that video showing a dealer walking the customer through how to do things like open the hood of the car?

funny you should mention
>be me
>slave away for luxury rental car agency in europoor
>disembark in Spain on a red/black i8
>hello Guardia Civil
>no I can't open the hood , only the trunk, take it to bmw if you want but I need the car tomorrow
>they get pretty pissed but let me go after 10 minutes

fun times , the car drew a fuckton of attention tho

Nice. I really want this car, because I want to look semi-rich (not bugatti rich because I dont want to get stabbed when I step out of my car at night time, and I dont want people to crowd around my vehicle every fucking day), I want an electric vehicle too because ive been obsessed with electric vehicles and only recently learned that people other than tesla were making actually rich people cars and not $30 EVs

Is this the right choice? $150,000 seems like the perfect price point for me. I want a car between $120,000 and $200,000, I want it to LOOK like a rich person's car/gain a little attention (not too much), and if its electric thats a big plus. ALSO THE FUCKING GULL WING OR WHATEVER YOU CALL IT DOORS ARE SO COOL and will catch people's eyes alot. Honestly this car seems perfect for me but I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on whether its really worth it. Currently I drive a Lexus IS250 which has been amazing honestly, but I'm just hungry for more, and I have the funds, so why not, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=9cZ1sWcZK-s

Fuck. This guy sounds like me at 0:50 or so

I honestly like my IS 250 but I'm worried I'll end up like him and want to just keep upgrading cars every 3 years like theyre cell phones

Fragile piece of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=fxe_b2GRwok

How exactly is that fragile? Its a back up lever in case the normal way of opening the door fails. You only have to worry about that like .001% of the time you open or close your door

And who gives a fuck if you can't open the hood. That means I don't have to entertain random retards that come up to me with their shitty nissan ricer and bother me about my engine I can just tell them the hood doesnt lift off and leave

>And who gives a fuck if you can't open the hood
that's sort of a problem usually relegated to ULTRA high end cars.
having it on a 130k car means not to great things for second and third owners, meaning the car will basically fall apart

Well it looks like the car already convinced you, and I think you'd be happy with it. It's a hybrid, so not completely electric, but still pretty damn silent, a pleasure to drive around the city at night.
As for the attention grabbing, it always brings some but also depends on the colour imho. I drove the car when it was black/blue lines (original colour) , and then I drove it when it was wrapped picrelated and holy shit mate, AT LEAST on par with a 488 or a huracan.

>meaning the car will basically fall apart
Great for the beancounters, though.

They still have fantastic futuristic looks, but the tech-demo with people asking regular maintenance questions and basically all of them getting a "take it to the dealership because it is complicated and you need bespoke tools" answer was a cold shower. Also last week I saw a guy in his 50s trying to get out of one and it was the most ungraceful thing ever. Think of Clarkson trying to climb out of a Lotus.

here's a pic I found to give a better idea about the colour scheme, may look corny to some idk, but it's just genuinely fun. Do yourself a favor and when you're cruising the city at night, put on the Tron Legacy OST, I believe there is no better suited car for it.
p.s. only decent pic I could find , ignore the fuckface sorry

very cool to drive makes you feel like larry ellison