youtube.com/watch?v=AvwDNGjEp7A

>Return to Arcadia Bay:
youtube.com/watch?v=GONk9c3MLjA

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017
Episode 2 − ''?'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''?'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13333675
strawpoll.me/13333690
strawpoll.me/13186941

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=2bYIZv91dyU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Reminder you will never experience LiS for the first time again

BAE > bay
Max did nothing wrong! She already went back two days after the storm and warned some more people.

>Max did nothing wrong
She messed with fate haha :)

That always get me.

HOW, HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT

Max is #1

I really, really, really like this fanart.

Chloe Price is made for snuggling!

DELETE THIS

you suck victoria

I keep people saying deck9 reccommended Ouroboros, what did they actually say about it?

DONTNOD followed George Lucas's way of writing and style.
>Episode 5 is so dense, it has so much going on.
>The bathroom is the key to everything.
>The ending is stylistically designed to be that way.

Reminder that Bae-ending is for people who truly understood Max's character development and the underlying plot

Yeah I been saying that for a while too. I think RedLetterMedia can make an entire Plinkett video based on the ending alone.
Lucas and Michel would be good friends.

Quiet! People sleeping!

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it

HAKAI

REWND THIS

>Jefferson, I've come to bargain

The Prescott erasure was really annoying. It was obviously being built up in the background if you read Nathan's messages/emails, the increase in shelters (with the possibility of leveling the whole town and rebuilding under their construction company), and Nathan being trained to take over. Then absolutely nothing in Ep5

fat people are disgusting

I think they just said they were such big fans of the original that they were reading fics and that was one they liked.
What if the prequel does well and Dontnod/SE agree that Deck Nine can do a S1 expansion and they base it on Ouroboros? That'd be awesome!

I loved this scene. Max's pause when she says "friend" is perfect, and Chloe's "yo" is hella cute

Prequel being good and doing well enough that we get a s1 expansion or just straight sequel is my main hope in regards to the prequel. Havent read enough of Ouroboros to know if I'd want it to be what they go with though.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

I FEEL NUMB

Whoever made this should be on a list

Made this in response to the trolley shit last thread

Chloe is cutest when she exposes her vulnerabilities. Like in the BtS gameplay segment when she blames herself and practically begs Rachel to not leaver he (implied like her father and Max had done).

And then Rachel leaves her anyway. The bitch.

Super Saiyan Kate and Super Alice are OP

May be difficult to turn Ouroboros into a game but the basic story could be uses as inspiration.
There probably wouldn't be much choices unless the perspective switched between Max, Chloe, and Victoria or something. Which would be interesting.
I think that fic Small Things would make for an awesome prequel/expansion since there's a few ways dialogue could go in it and there are times where Max really has to rewind and find out how to do something or evade someone. Just like puzzles in the game.
Really any expansion focused on Max and Chloe would be welcome so long as it wasn't overly depressing.

well done user

Victoria looks way too disgusted for being the middle part of a gorgeous ladies sandwich.

Chloe is made for protecting!

That's one of my favorite parts of their relationship - on the surface Chloe is this strong and brash person that doesn't give a shit and has devil may care attitude and Max is shy, quiet and nice book nerd but under the surface Max is really the protector and Chloe is the deeply hurt, vulnerable one that needs protection. And not just literal protection of Max saving her life but emotional protection as well.

I agree that vulnerable Chloe is a great thing. Not just because I love watching Max protect her, but because Chloe being honest is the only way she will realize her mistakes and become better.

There was definitely something going on with Rachel in that scene. Obviously, she does come around and warm up to Chloe to become a very close friend. But at the start of things there was something holding Rachel back and troubling her. I can't just jump to conclusions right now and say everything Rachel does is just her being bitchy for no reason.

I think we will also be shocked about Rachel and Chloe's dynamic. Chloe says how much Rachel helped her and was her "angel" but going by what I've seen in the prequel gameplay, and just how Chloe seems to be in general, I think she may have helped Rachel much more than she realized.
Maybe the whole time Chloe was equally Rachel's angel. Maybe they saved each other.
I still wish Rachel was just honest with Chloe though, it would have averted a lot of trouble.

kek

I'm almost done reading it now, I really like it. It progresses very nicely from the end of the game to a very happy future but is pretty true to the characters. I feel like its the fanfic that finally delivers what I want for the characters.

I want to adopt a mini-Pricefield!

I just wish it updated a little more frequently.
If you really like that then I also suggest Small Things. That story's complete for now and awaiting a sequel.
It also has a fix-it theme, awesome moments between characters, and cuts some of the fat off to be a more focused story. There's a lot to ouroboros and not all of it progresses the story.

It's sad how few people see, understand and appreciate this, in all its characterization and narrative depth and emotional and romantical glory, for these two characters and their relationship.

Could Super Alice blow away the tornado?

I really like that, user. That instead of Rachel being this untouchable perfect angel for Chloe they were both just fucked up people and helped and saved each other.

I mean you're almost certainly right, Rachel was not so subtly shown that she had some reason for why she couldn't respond to Chloe's heartfelt plea.

It still felt like a stab in the heart to watch Chloe open up like that and then Rachel just outright reject her.

Of course! A storm starts to form, suddenly it's blown away and disappears, and Nathan and Jefferson are left tied up on the front steps of the police station.
Only those with quick reflexes and good vision will have noticed Super Alive appear and quickly disappear. But still nobody knows her true identity...

dead thread

are you fucking kidding me

b-but morals and shit!

Father forgive them, for they know not what they spook

Nice.

If you really think about it, Max going back is even ore immoral because she is messing with time further. She'd directly be choosing to let Chloe die and that would be playing god.
With the storm it's all up in the air. Whoever lives or dies will do so based on their own actions.
Isn't that what Bayfags say? That changing time and defying fate is bad?

any one know the interaction between warren and chloe if you dont kiss chloe and kiss warren only OR
choose to not kiss ether of them?

>Kiss warren and chloe
"Holy shit, Warren! Max is trying to play us both!"

>Kiss chloe and not warren
did you see her try to make a move on me in my room? it was hella lame.
y-yaeh who cares if she doesn kiss me shes not all that.
watch me make a move on you come here.

Kiss warren and not chloe
????
Kiss nether of them
????

I've seen someone mention what happens if you don't kiss either within the last month. I might be offbase but I thought it was something along the lines of "She thinks she's too good for us"

I think if you only kiss Warren he says "Her mouth tasted like ass" or something to that effect

I wonder if every time Max has a nightmare if it's a vision of Chloe that frees her or if she learns to control that stuff.

lmao

Max has hella nerdy insecurities. Then again, dreams tend to have weird ways to express those.

Nightmare-Warren is a creepy asshole. I know Max doesn't like him romantically, but I hope that dream doesn't actually make her scared of him and prevent them from being friends.
Thankfully, Max seemed to realize the entire nightmare was almost all baseless fears and she shouldn't let that control her.

Saving Chloe in the first place was her playing God though, Chloe was supposed to die. And while it's true people lived or died by their own actions in the storm, it was still entirely Max's fault for putting them in that situation in the first place. Honestly I hate the fucking storm, the game would have been 10x better if it was scrapped and the drama stemmed more from issues like playing god, maybe even delve into where the powers came from, then having an ending based on the choices you made throughout the game, instead of that garbage A B ending.

Honestly how did Chloe fucking die in the first place? A gunshot by a little handgun in the stomach wouldn't kill a person instantly.

speaking of dreams and nightmares
youtube.com/watch?v=2bYIZv91dyU

Max never asked for any powers and her first use of them was beyond her control.
She's not to blame for anything. Whoever gave her powers, knowing what problems it would cause, is. Whatever damage was caused by use of her power was entirely involuntary and accidental. Considering that her powers activated as a natural reaction, that's how things were supposed to be, going back to not save Chloe would be changing time and directly determining Chloe's fate.
And getting shot in the stomach can be really fucking bad. If it's dead center then the bullet causes massive bloodloss and can sever the spine.
I agree with you about hating the storm though, it added nothing to the game and just precluded it from having actually reasonable endings.

If Chloe was meant to die then why did Max get a power in the first place?

She ask herself that multiple times in the game, and you are never given an answer

to save chloe in order to spend one last week with her best friend in order for her to grow up and become a better person.

That's the stupidest thing I ever typed.

I always assumed it was activated by her experiencing major trauma, like seeing someone get shot and killed.

It's still dumb though, I know they wanted to leave it up to your imagination, but no explanation about her powers at all, even just a little, is just frustrating.

which means if she experiences another traumatic event, she will probably get the power or a power again.
she got a Time Stop ability when she saw Kate jump from the roof so that would make sense.

It's like Super Saiyan from DBZ.

Max comes to the conclusion, at least in her diary, that it was her destiny to save Chloe and she got the power for the purpose. She also hints to the possibility of Rachel being the one helping the guiding her.
I think that's the best explanation.

>There are people out there that actually believe this
The stupid. It hurts ;__;

You know, did she ever use the time stop ability again in the entire game? I legitimately don't remember seeing it used past that one scene

Chloe is so romantic

Theoretically, she does it every time there's a failstate

>Rachel dies
>Her ties to the natives links her to nature
>Her anger and sadness manifest in a storm that will come six months from her death
>This is why the storm comes in every timeline
>Rachel is now a spirit
>Sees that Chloe will soon be in danger
>Seeks out Max Caulfield
>Gives Max a special power and visions of the coming storm
>Hopes Max will realize and warn people
>At the end Max thinks she's the one that caused the storm
>If Chloe lives then that's the end of it, if Chloe dies then her spirit meets with Rachel's and together they are able to stop the storm
>However, the true key to the storm is Rachel
>Max going back and preventing Rachel's death would prevent the storm and Max would still have her powers and still have Chloe

I know user. I know.

Chloe even thinks of this at the end of Ep 5:
>"Who knows... this could be Rachel's revenge"
but then, like all other statements throughout the game, it's nonsensically dropped 30 seconds before the final choice and she suddenly believes the 'I need to die' thing

Nah, his handgun was pretty small, so it was more than likely a 9mm. There's a video out there where a guy shoots himself in the cheek with a 9mm and it doesn't even reach the other cheek, so any spinal damage is out of the question (remember Chloe's spine snapped in half and she survived). And even if bloodloss is massive, it would still take a bit for you to actually die.

I know it's just them wanting her to die quickly and "peacefully", but it triggers my autism

She probably wouldn't have died instantly. Just been overwhelmed by shock and then unable to really move as she bleed out. David would be the one to run in and try to apply pressure but by the time paramedics got there she will have lost too much blood. Probably death within a few minutes.

Fuck everything about that ending and fuck everyone who put Chloe through that and made Max have to go back an undo it.

I know Nathan is a troubled brat, but I could never see him actually pulling the trigger or even having the balls to pull it on Chloe in the first place.

Warren the type of n(friend) to listen to mr.brightside on repeat and cry.

Well he did. The little shit brought a loaded gun into school, pulled it on someone, and didn't have any safety on. Even if it went off because he flinched or was pushed, he's still a fucking idiot and if not for Max being there he would have gotten locked up for murder.
Though I'm sure his father would pull all sorts of bullshit tricks to make it look like self defense and try to get Nathan off the hook.

>tfw you hug Warren at the end, forever securing him in the friendzone

Poor Max. Given a power that she didn't ask for after seeing a poor girl get shot. That poor girl turns out to be her childhood best friend Chloe. She saved her life. They spend a shitty but amazing week at the time together. The two of them team up to find out what happened to Rachel Amber and do figure it out, something the police or FBI failed to do. They grow and change. Max saves Chloe's ass a bunch of times because she feels that's the right thing to do and because she cares about her so much. She's willing to destroy her career and let Chloe's father die just for Chloe to have a better life.
Oh wait, it turns out that storm happens because Max got that power to begin with. So she needs to throw away everything and have Chloe die a miserable death, where she never grows as a person or gets a chance to experience HER once last week with Max.
All for what? So Max can learn to grow up and learn not to change destiny? She needed all that traumatic shit just to learn those lessons? Max, at the beginning of the same, was a shy and insecure kid, at the start of her peak years. She wasn't a popular kid, but she had friends in Warren and Kate. She had both of her friends. She was in a scholarship. She was pursing her career.
Did Max really deserve all of that and let her best friend die just to learn whatever lessons and grow up? Really?

*both of her parents