Who taught you how to fix cars?

Who taught you how to fix cars?

Not Scotty

I don't really know actually but if there's anything i need to know i'm sure my dad'll teach me.

I still can't.

REV UP YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY

>not having a full machine shop

I bet you dont even have a mill.

nobody

No one.

I busted my ass for years as a tire installer, payed to go for my government mandated apprenticeship program, did extra work by reading or online educational programs(Argo by Electude), got top marks in my class but I still have never had a mechanic take me aside allow me to help. Customers don't want to spend money and the old fucks who sound have retired 5 years ago all need to keep working and don't want to teach the new generations anything.

Me myself and I.

I learned out of necessity with my 92 chevy

memes aside, how credible is this hillary cosplayer?

He won't get you killed 9 out of 10 times.

You're in the wrong shop bud.
I worked as a tire slave for 6 months then started at a shop as a lube tech, three months later I'm doing general service. Brakes, cooling, ect. The stuff I don't repair at the moment are a/c and major electrical and mechanical. The old farts taught me everything I know. Look for a new job man.

If you can't look at most problems on a car and figure it out you might be retarded.

Haynes, myself and the internet.

google
my dad taught me some tricks for when you dont have the right tool but thats about it

i've honestly been thinking about taking some community college classes just to have access to a machine shop.

I was never interested im vehicles as a kid, but i would ask the most generic question just to be deceptive.
Once i was in highschool, i was more interested in the way a car worked bc i mf drove one.
My brother was the one to teach me hands on and the first major thing i did was help replace a motor

My dad bought me a siezed toyota 4x4 on my 16th birthday and we spent a few hours everyday after school fixing it up. It's been 12 years and it still runs like new.

22R?

Same here. I didnt care about cars at all until I drove one.

My 20 year old Subaru when the rad cracked and the waterpump failed shortly after.

>worked at a quick lube place for 7 months
>got a helper role at a garage aka shopbitch
>cleaned the building and washed cars
>2 months later they got me on basic maint
>5 months later on regular servicing

i got offered an apprenticeship when i was 19, got my journeyman certificate and redseal diploma. kinda cool i worked for Petro-Canada when they went defunct from car repair. worked around old guys that were able to show me old school tricks

did that for enough years then quit the trade completely, cars have too many electronics and bullshit now for my taste. that and i got tired of repairing other peoples junk, i work in security now and fix my own projects and do the odd side job

Dad taught me some basic stuff but I learned the most by just diving into things head first by myself

Veeky Forums did.

>tfw can fix bad oil.

Gramps

maybe too

i learned from youtube videos and working in the field, but like said nobody wants to teach the new generation yet these old heads dont know how to use a scan tool/ computers.

>Veeky Forums did.
Veeky Forums's been a bunch of fucks who don't teach jack shit except for how much Veeky Forums wont do jack shit.
I want to clone all of you and murder all of the clones, giving them all slow, painful, and horrible deaths.

Soapy Wooder.

>chrisfix

you should check out "south main auto" he is not a backyard mechanic like scotty or chris