/pg/ Persona General

Previous Thread NEWS
>Hashino thanks western piggus: personacentral.com/message-director-katsura-hashino-celebrating-western-release-persona-5/
>New game domains registered: personacentral.com/potential-persona-5-spin-off-website-domains-registered-including-p5d-p5u/
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
>Persona ISOs
mega.nz/#F!5iQAGTLB!U1LUUTLtawRdsWSDDFSAQQ

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CTi3AEJqNbU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love Ann!

Claiming this sweet-demeanored, sweet-eating, sweet-tasting sweetie.
Best model.
Most compassionate.
I'm so proud of Ann. I love her.

Best woman, best cake, best wife.
Claimed.

I love Sadayo!

robot is forever!!

She's mine /pg/

People forget abput the parrot meme.

>/pg/ went on about how everyone would be the same voice actors again.

Yeah I remember how we used to say "I wonder who Yuri Lowethal is going to voice this time!"

What a cutie

I can't wait for Persona 5 Akechi Goro of the Resurrection!

Obligatory Makoto post

>OP image

Is that a mother fucking probably not

Obligatory Makoto post

Does P5 on emulator run pretty well? I have it on PS4 but I'd like for my friends to be able to play it

No, I think it is.

Just want to say that last thread was really good, I hope you guys can keep it up! And with that goodnight /pg/

I just realized this is the first Persona game in ten years to not feature Lowenthal

Hug the NEET.

It always felt like just that to me. A meme. Sometimes I hear a thing on /pg/, go back and play a game again, and I just can't see it.

>I can't wait for Persona 5 Akechi Goro of the Resurrection!
You're gonna have to wait though. For a very, very long time.

Hope you have a large pixel collider.

it's nearly unplayable on any regular computer

>Ann showing Shiho what she'll be doing to her pussy later that night

Obligatory Makoto post

It's like 10 fps with constant crashes

user, MC's parents got killed in a car wrecked caused by Death.

>falls on his ass because he can't hold his liquor

That's the most hilarious part of it all.

>Akechi complains that he can't get adult attention and care
>Sae bothers with him enough to take him out for sushi sometimes
>According to Makoto, she even relies on his intelligence and values him as a person
>Akechi still doesn't fucking care and tries to get love from his literal satanic father
Defend this

???

I agree, I lack empathy in certain cases. I don't consider that bad.

I do understand Japanese culture, but I have my own values that are independent of national culture, which take precedence. If you're going to argue that I have to conform to Japanese culture to empathize with the characters of P5, then you might as well just throw the entire game out, because you resolve every single conflict in a distinctly nontypical way from a cultural and moral perspective.

>run pretty well
Maybe in 2018

It's not like that

Probably because he had no idea she valued him as a persona, and Sae herself was pretty fucked up. That would perhaps be the point.

No idea

I effin' love mai Makotos

IF SHE HADN'T BEEN A CHEAPSKATE AND DENIED HIM ANYTHING BUT CONVEYOR BELT CRAP AKECHI WOULD HAVE CONFIDED IN HER AS A MATERNAL FIGURE AND TOGETHER THEY WOULD HAVE BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF SHIDO AND LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER

BUT NO, SAE HAD TO BE A STINGY BITCH

I thought it was a fire
Why did I think it was a fire

youtube.com/watch?v=CTi3AEJqNbU

It's improving, but it's not quite there yet. You also need a very high end PC to match current results.

Today's threads have been pretty great in general.

>she valued him as a persona
i do that a lot too

I consider you not considering that bad to be pretty bad. You don't have to agree with or even completely understand a system to empathize with someone living under it.

Because that's how Akihiko's sister died.

>181899739
There's two of them?

Pixie is not Makoto

blech, no the second to last one sucked

I love this crazy NEET

he's mine /pg/

ups, got her mixed with the rest.

I don't really think Makoto's issue is necessarily just a Japanese thing...

what was literally nobody else here an honor student who worked their ass off just because that was what you were "supposed to do"?

we know, Aigis

>Today's threads have been pretty great in general.
Maybe because THAT faggot wasn't here

user, it's a Japanese game set in Japan, with a cast of Japanese characters. Yeah, having knowledge of Japanese culture would probably let you understand the characters' motivations better.

>implying Ann doesn't regularly give Shiho head as a reward for finishing her physical therapy exercises

t. Koromaru

I doubt they would be on Veeky Forums

time to break the record

>I feel like we're close enough for me to tell you this.
>You look EXACTLY like my dead sister
>Anyways, did you bring the condoms like I asked? We're going to be fucking ALL NIGHT.

Well I would probably object to being truly non-empathetic. I understand the cultural values, and I understand why she acted that way. However, I still reject her for her actions.

I agree. Didn't you read? I said that I understand Japanese culture. It doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

which faggot?
you mean THAT faggot?
But I thought you were that faggot.

i was waiting for somebody to make that joke

We know, Elizabeth.

First time in months we had a couple of comfy non shitposting threads .
good night /pg/

I was about to post that.

Actually, I think Yukari or Liz like the above user mentioned would be better

>Probably because he had no idea she valued him as a person
If that was the case, he would've been surprised when Makoto tells him that
>Sae herself was pretty fucked up.
Also Sae wasn't THAT fucked up until the PT case came around, stressing her out and making her obsessive and bitchy.

We don't know much about Sae and Akechi's relationship but Sae is probably the only adult in his life that has some decent care and respect for him. This is the bare minimum of what Akechi wanted, so why does he not seem to acknowledge it?

>I understand how the culture works, but I'm still bitching about characters doing things because I wouldn't feel the way they do in that situation

Goodnight Makotobro

Because she only bought him cheap ass sushi.

Because he specifically wants Daddy to love him.

>what was literally nobody else here an honor student who worked their ass off just because that was what you were "supposed to do"?
I mean, I was like that. And my fear of fucking up drove me into depression and therapy. And didn't get better until many, many years after high school where I learned to stop giving so much of a fuck. I get where the pressure comes from, though.

The thing is, understanding and not agreeing is one thing. Having no sympathy for the people living under it seems either callous or ignorant, though. It comes across, perhaps unintentionally, like the people who see an abusive relationship and go "then just leave, it's that easy."

People become tied to bad situations and it's never easy to pull yourself out, especially when your self-identity is tied to it.

That's a cute roll

Sae is basically Katherine, and that's totally alright.

They're both absurdly attractive and outmatch the kids.

Isn't it implied that Makoto's had secretly known that Sae had a palace long before Akechi brought it up?

Goodnight makotofriend

akechi goro? more like akechi dumbo
hehe

Yeah, she searched for it. But it wasn't relevant up to that point. Probably tons more people in Tokyo had Palaces on their own.

it's not implied, she outright tells you that she has known about it for a long time and the reason she joined the PTs was to change Sae's heart

It's out right SAID, user.
Remember when, really early in the game, Ryuji asks who's heart she wants to change, and she just replies "it's a secret"?

Ann is Catherine because she's patrician's choice.

That's not true at all. See detective groo.

K was shit
Really the whole last act of Catherine was pretty bad and is saved by the choices you get to make in the last stage

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm glad you understand now. I never said Makoto is bad, I said that I don't like her.

I only have no sympathy because it isn't worthwhile when it becomes time to act. It would be like if I had to take in a version of myself that had no money, no friends, and everyone hated me. I know for a fact that that other me would probably murder the real me. Because of this, I would have to refuse to take them in. I completely understand where he's coming from, and I reject him BECAUSE I understand.

I've never played that game but I will agree with you that Ann is the patrician's choice.

and yet Makoto dresses as her

Say what you will about the writing in P5 but Makoto's arc resonated with me personally quite a bit. I 100% understand that feeling of thinking you're doing the right thing, having everything collapse around you, and having to rethink the way you look at life.

I will never understand how anyone could prefer Katherine and her endings. True Neutral and True Chaos were the best.

Anyone who isn't a faggot should agree that the best choice is "fuck bitches, go to space."

>Catherine
>Ann
>Patrician's choice

>It would be like if I had to take in a version of myself that had no money, no friends, and everyone hated me. I know for a fact that that other me would probably murder the real me. Because of this, I would have to refuse to take them in. I completely understand where he's coming from, and I reject him BECAUSE I understand.
Well, congratulations. You just rejected your shadow and it killed you.

I hated her personality but I love the look.
You have to admit she has a lot in common with Sae in terms of appearance.

Well she has Catherine's outfit in the DLC.

She just wants to be her big sis.

>You lost again.
>You failed mom. You failed dad.
>I need more pain. This isn't enough.
>I lost because I didn't play my hardest. I didn't practice enough. I spent too much time with that boy...
>You need to be punished. This way I won't fail again. I won't.
>You deserve way worse than this. This pain is nothing.
>That boy won't respect you anymore if he knew what a pathetic waste of skin you are.
>Now I feel it. That deep throbbing ache, that worry that I've done serious damage, that's the pain and fear I need to win.
>I need to remember this. This is what happens to losers like Hifumi. Hifumi didn't try hard enough so she gets punished. Hifumi will do better next time. Train more...
>It's no use. Hifumi is pathetic and will always be stupid. Stupid. Stupid Hifumi. Stupid Hifumi should just go ahead and die already. Mom would be happier that way. Everyone would be better off.
>I need more. I need to keep hurting.

>say no to female dogs
>not a homosexual
I'm afraid that you're wrong.

>could prefer Katherine and her endings
Hey some people like settle down and get married rather than the other two endings but that's just me

>reject him
>fight him off and protect myself
>accept him
>robs and murders me in my sleep
Not a touch choice.

Catherine does literally mean "Free man", after all
But I still loved Catherine's ending. It was the absolute best way to play the SMT aspect of the story. Now if only they didn't take the super safe route and try to wash Vincent's hands of all guilt for the sake of Katherine's shitty endings.

>fight him off and protect myself
Sounds like a self insert fan fic

Should I play Catherine?

>take in your other self
>improve his life and learn more about yourself
>you both leave from the experience as better people

This is why you aren't a Persona protagonist. You'll never form a Social Link like that.

Yes.
It's a really good game.

Best written MegaTen.

I liked it quite a bit, but if you don't like puzzles you'll have a bad time.

yes
it's a top tier puzzle game
try to platinum it too, I jobbed to Obelisk hundreds of times, quit the game for over a year, then came back and learned how to play with two controllers. Literally the best feeling.

But it's definitely not this.

Yes
Do it for her