/khg/-Kingdom Hearts General

____ Edition

New to the Series?
Quick Start Guide: i.imgur.com/kTpXdtz.jpg
Every single Kingdom Hearts game, besides the phone game, is now available on PS4! Catching up has never been this easy.
KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5+2.5 ReMiX -- Released March 28, 2017
KINDGOM HEARTS 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue -- Released January 12, 2017
KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 also available separately on PS3

KH3 Orchestra Trailer: youtu.be/eaHSpUZgW24 -- June 10, 2017
Nomura in Dengeki Playstation: khinsider.com/news/Kingdom-Hearts-2-8-is-featured-in-Dengeki-PlayStation-629-7876 -- December 21, 2016
New Trailer and World Reveal @ D23 Expo -- July 15, 2017
No Official Release Date at this time.

>Lore Resources
pastebin.com/tKPLZLiE

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X[cross] Resources:
Available for both iOS and Android devices.

>GLOBAL Updates
twitter.com/kh_ux_na
>JP Updates
twitter.com/KHUX_PR
>General News+Updates
twitter.com/Daybreak_Town

>Quick Help Guide [heavily depreciated]
pastebin.com/jQVKegVw
>Wiki
khunchainedx.com/
>Damage Calculator
khuxtracker.com

Previous Thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

khwiki.com/Birth_by_Sleep_(video)#Unlock_criteria
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forgot to link the previous thread.
Sorry about that

Friendly reminder that any reports that Xehanort has made should be taken with a grain of salt

>t. Ansem the wise

friendly reminder darkness can grow hearts

VANITAS REDEMPTION CONFIRMED

How hard is it to get the secret ending in KH2?

Depends on your difficulty.

you tell me

I'm playing on normal difficulty.

I might end up doing that depending on what I have to do to get it.

You fucked up
khwiki.com/Birth_by_Sleep_(video)#Unlock_criteria

>Standard Mode - Beat the game, complete Jiminy's Journal, all Gummi Missions, and get the Gold Crown.

>normal
bad choice
you have to 100% the game, meaning perfecting all the dumb side quests, crafting everything, gummi ships, fighting everyone.
Proud isnt really better.
Critical you only have to beat lingering will

Well I guess Youtube it is then.

When selecting the difficulty it said that easy couldn't get all the endings and I wasn't about to torture myself by playing on a higher difficulty than normal.

>I wasn't about to torture myself by playing on a higher difficulty than normal.
i didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice

ahem... git gud

Why is that BbS of he asked for KH2?

the video (secret ending) is called bbs

I don't want to though. Even if I did want to I couldn't.

not with that attitude

I just know my limits. I've struggled with a few parts of the game on normal.

The higher difficulties are beyond my reach. I have no reason to play on them anyway.

>casuals

Apart from the secret ending of course

Casuals post Terra.

But seriously, fuck Terra. Both as a character and a player character.

>beat all dark souls games
>cant beat the kingdom hearts games on difficulties above normal

>fuck Terra
Aqua pls

Well yeah but I don't think it's worth all the time and effort that it would take. Others might see it differently of course.

I'll just look it up online.

Reminder that quotas exist.

You should pull within the first 20 minutes.

>Terra "press x, go and make lunch, then come back in time to do the next part of the combo"

Forget what i said.

Its best not to pull at all.

>I've struggled with a few parts of the game on normal.
Can you not time your square presses that have massive invincibility frames or something? I'm someone who played solely on Standard for years and years and didn't even attempt Critical until the PS3 collections and they're perfectly fine difficulties that only become hard in very specific portions. In KH1 it's just the really early game until you beat Deep Jungle, Re:CoM is not difficult, KH2 it's the apartment in Timeless River, the Cavern of Remembrance (Specifically the first room if underleveled and then the hallway leading to the data rooms), and the Land of the Dragons really early on due to the spear guys, 358/2 haven't done Proud yet but Standard was easy just annoying, BBS you just need to get a Cure from the Command Boards as soon as you gain control and then it's as simple as Standard, and I haven't done Critical in DDD but I'm sure Balloons could handle that just fine.

The only tough one out of all of them has been Re:Coded and that's simply because they don't intend for you to do it directly from the start and as soon as you get Judgement Triad there is no difficulty and Zero/One further slams it into the ground. There's no reason at all to choose anything but the hardest mode in KH games unless you're an actual kid, it's not like you're forced to do a level 1 and you can literally press "Continue" as soon as you die to start off right in the exact same room. It's not like you die often enough for it to matter anyway. Hell, every single game has its own cheese strategy that clears any tough scenario, KH1 it's Thundaga, KH2 it's Magnega and Thundaga along with Reflega, 358/2 it's any magic and full crits, Re:CoM it's some sleights or boss cards, Re:Coded I just mentioned, and in DDD it's balloon spam.

Unless you are in your 60s and can't time a dodge roll or block there should be no excuse.

Lets be real here, Aqua would have killed eraqus too

Yeah nah that's fair of course. It's not like people have to play at a certain difficulty, whatever works

Not unless he told her to kill him.

Well I had a lot of trouble with ReCoM.

The first game I played on normal and didn't have any trouble with aside from the flying and swimming battles. Being able to dodge in that game was great and I used it all the time.

I tried the block you get in 2 at the very beginning of the game and it didn't seem to be that great so I've just ignored it. I just spam air combos and heal when necessary.

I'm just a bad player.

Then what's the point of even playing video games if you don't/won't work for your reward?

thats dumb. I play games for fun. I dont have fun fighting a boss for the 20th try

Why do the easier difficulties exist then?

Why do the developers not just force players to go through the game at its hardest if there's no point in playing it any other way?

Then go watch a movie if you don't want to work for your reward.

>still believing in this shitty meme
I could pull literally the second it goes live and get jack shit

How does it feel to be part of what's ruining the gaming industry? Actually, how does it feel to be a part of what's ruining society as a whole? Both in life and in video games no reward will be fulfilling if you don't work hard for it

I alrrady work for money

>I tried the block you get in 2 at the very beginning of the game and it didn't seem to be that great so I've just ignored it.
You just need to learn how the guard works. There's a massive amount of time from when you press square to Sora actually putting down the Keyblade where you are effectively invincible and it can even protect you from multiple attacks if a boss does them in succession (Data battles and Linger Will are excellent examples of this). It rewards you by having normal enemies get stagger backward which gives you about two seconds to actually hit X and get entire combos off on whatever you guarded against.

Another thing to learn is dodge rolls, in 2 you get them fairly late but they are incredibly forgiving in the iframes they give you, and Quick Run is as well once you learn when it actually gives you them.

>I just spam air combos and heal when necessary.
Air combos are fast but leave you incredibly vulnerable. Use Magnega and Thundaga and you'll understand how they break the entirety of 2 when it comes to mobs.

You just need to take time to learn the things the game wants of you and just adapt and try to use whatever "cheap" methods you can find out to even the playing field. Again, I was Standard only for years and years and if an absolute bumbling idiot like me can manage it I'm sure you can do just fine.

I'll have to try the block.

You get roll in the game?

When do you get it? I've just gotten to TWNW and still don't have it.

At least one other user here gets it.

Level up Limit Form if you're playing Final Mix, if you're just playing base PS2 KH2 then you can't get it. You can get Quick Run from Wisdom Form.

I'm playing KH2FM in the HD collection.

I've never really touched any of the forms besides trying them once when I got them. I had no idea you could get new abilities like that.

>playing KHII without Drive
Even worse than playing below Critical.

>no high jump
>no dodge roll
>no quick run
>no aerial dodge
>no glide
lets be honest, you're barely even playing the game at this point

How the hell have you even been playing the game without exploring all your options?

Evens pull
odds save

Post your pull. We all know you'll do it anyway.

nope

Well I did try them once. They didn't last long and seemed to not help that much so I never bothered with them again.

So to use forms in KH3 it doesn't cost drive but instead costs your ability to use other forms?

Sigh...oh well. Better luck the next time I roll for traits.

[jewwery intensifies]

>Dark Souls
>Hard

Dark Souls is the Crash Bandicoot of ARPGs.

they can render individual hair strands and the texture of leatherbut they still can't round edges
i'll never understand it

>beat the boss in one turn
>cutscene has the characters telling me I can't beat it alone
I hate when games do this.

>individual hair strands
Look closer. It's just a texture. They disguise it a little by fraying the hair at the tips.

This guy understands

>ultra jewish medal "deals"
>no events
>nothing but even more filler missions
kek nice """"""""""game"""""""""" sena

Basing a cutscene off presumed player performance is a bad idea and I have no idea why games still do it.

Elaborate!

that's really weird i finished it on normal just the other day and i got the secret ending without 100%

oh wait that wasn't it

You got The Gathering, not Birth by sleep.

ilu brock

What?

>leather pouches sewn into a cotton shirt
how needlessly complicated

>how needlessly complicated
So in other words, how perfect for Kingdom Hearts

>complicated
>when a fairy conjured it up in 5 seconds

i mean pockets on a tshirt is dumb enough
but having 2 materials so different from each other put right in the front is odd even for a guy who designs a hat with 3 zippers

Nomura was just going through a phase.

8 more days

Until disappointment

I unironically expect a "2018" at the end of the trailer + new story scenes

The Absolute Madman

So do I actually

Same here just go look at the release dates of the other kh games and his statement about kh3 ff7 and the marvel game coming out through 2018 and 2020 and it all adds up beautifully.

You think the general can last that long?

We can do it!

I ran out of recent fanart.

Is that Nomura? Sorry, I have never seen the madman in person.

Yes

hi lads
just got 3 dotted dark riku
is it any good or do i keep resetting for the ex medal?

I really hope the MoM isn't an important character in kh3. I just saw Back Cover, and his personality is really retarded.

what do you mean, reset?

reinstall game so i can pull two times

Obligatory "what world do you expect to be revealed?"

Your mom's world. I heard it's gonna be YUGE.

I honestly have no fucking clue, that looks like a drill to me so Atlantis maybe?

Treasure Planet.

Toy Story or Frozen
I kind of want to put a list together of what disney movies they haven't used yet (since they have said before they want to use mostly new worlds) and try to see what would be the best fit

Also, the wording there is weird, i'm guessing they will announce a new world but it might not get shown on the new trailer?

>They used The Grid and Antlantica to represent KH2 and Re:CoM respectively on the HD boxes.
Odd picks.

3 dotted Dark Riku is really good, but if you just started rerolling until you get Axel would be the best option by far.