Hey Veeky Forums, I have the worst first world problem: My family is offering me a car for free and they're offering me...

Hey Veeky Forums, I have the worst first world problem: My family is offering me a car for free and they're offering me, of all things, a new corvette. The thing is I'm a student and I don't really want a 'vette--I live in Chicago and winters are pretty rough here, as well I'm going to be doing a lot of city driving and I feel that a vette would just be too impractical. There aren't a lot of highways here that aren't clogged up shitholes I could really let the V8 out on, you know?

I'll be frank in that I'm torn on this - I'd like such a car but I feel it's too impractical. But my grandfather is looking at getting me a z06 which does go for 88,000-some odd dollars. I was wondering if there were other suggestions I could get as well?

Honestly my mother drives a Honda CRV and I've been thinking about just getting one of those. But right now my prime considerations for buying a car are, in terms of size, performance, fuel efficiency, emissions, HP, "What's the nicest car I could get?"

Thanks in advance. And yes, I understand most of this thread will probably be "Just take the corvette" I'm merely looking for other options since I'm ignorant of cars as a whole.

Other urls found in this thread:

chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/d/1994-mazda-b4000-pickup-40l/6331516373.html
chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/d/2004-chevrolet-avalanche-z71/6348575123.html
chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/d/1997-porsche-boxster/6366767679.html
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/2011-buick-regal-20-turbo/6342748967.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just take the vette dont be a pussy. Or get an sti or a used gtr for the awd you will need in the winters.

All that effort for yet another shitpost thread.

I've been suggested the WRX but I think it looks ugly as fuck.

real thread.

2010 BMW 330i with manual transmission if I was in your position.

Pickup a cheap 4x4 for winter along with the z06.

OK I'm more inclined to believe you now, we've been plagued by a literal autist obsessed with shitting up the board in the disguise of benchracing the c7 for several years now, so naturally anytime I see c7 z06 that's where my mind goes. I'd tell them you think a corvette would be too much money to spend and not a very practical car. A new station wagon, sedan, or small crossover like a CRV will suit your needs much better and be easier financially.

mazda 3 hatchback gt best cheap fun

Ah, I forget to mention - since I'm a student I can only have one car, as I'll only have one parking spot to use. Otherwise I'd probably get a beater and a Lotus I've been lusting after since I was twelve.

The thing is I've been looking about and the LC500 is about the same price range and ooooh is it sexy.

I just feel I should get something far more practical, as and have suggested - but then I should just accept I come from a trust fund family and just accept a car nobody else would really get to have at 19, you know?

>winter beater
chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/d/1994-mazda-b4000-pickup-40l/6331516373.html

>practicality
chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/d/2004-chevrolet-avalanche-z71/6348575123.html

>fun car to toss around
chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/d/1997-porsche-boxster/6366767679.html

There, ask your grandpa to spend his money on these instead.

Like clockwork. Your thread will now slide into unsalvageable territory, sorry OP.

This.

tell your grandad you need something practical.

get him to buy you an american 4x4.

>Responding to Alphonse

Nigga please.

I'll consider it, as well as the other options. Thanks!

Ooh what kind of lotus? Look like a blast to drive. A student? Idk about driving an lc500 to school. The bmw and mazda are good choices. Audi and merc have good base options as well.

2007 Espirit Turbo. I picked up an interest in it as a kid and I've been lusting for it since. Funnily enough they're kind of affordable at ~45k used.

Err, 1997* not 07

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/2011-buick-regal-20-turbo/6342748967.html

Must have.

check out the chevy colardo and max option that cunt out, even has a tent accessory, kek.

crew cab, short bed, midnight special package. will end up being cheaper and super practical. diesel option, or can go the v6 petrol.

Very nice. They can definitely be picked up for a bargain now. Seeing a few for high 30's low 40's with low mileage. A toy for sure

Why corvette? Does he love Corvette and wants you to as well? Then you should consider a stingray not the Z06.

Z06 is a track car by design and not meant for daily and highway travel. Its obviously can be done especially if you are young but you don't seem interested in the performance so you may not be happy sacrificing comfort.

The Stingray is actually a grand touring car in the corvette skin. Its got soft suspension and sound dampening inside. Just change to blizzaks tires in the winter and you won't need AWD.

If he really just wants to get you a car you could get the CTS V/// Cadillac which is a corvette with a luxury interior and back seats.

Otherwise I like what the other guy said. Get a Boxster or a WRX and dont steal grandpas cash.

Why drive anything thats not a GTI??

>LC500
Do it

>Why corvette?

This, it all depends on why. If they're just buying you _a_ car and offered you a corvette, there's no way they would be upset if you talked to them about buying something that's still nice, but more practical.

If they're buying you a corvette specifically, just take it, it actually has a fair bit of storage space, and really isn't all that bad in the snow. All in all you should have no issues dailying one, and I would imagine they're really not all that uncommon in chicago, what with it being a chevy and all