/palg/ - Paladins General

OB54's gonna be spicy edition.

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>/palg/ Discord
discord.gg/SNwXWHe

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB53)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?45738-Open-Beta-53-Patch-Notes-June-28-2017

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&index=1&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=V5TSsepFwBM&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9&index=1

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

monekke.tumblr.com/post/159478206956/evie-paladins
twitter.com/loki_diego/status/883307246792224768
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_in_July
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

drogoz is sexy

reminder theres literally NOTHING wrong with the new economy changes

I want to nerf to C-tier Fernando's abilities!

Not!DIO when low-rez?

Anyone want to play

This general was made when the waifufags are still asleep.
Quick! Insult Ying!

No.

What does Martini's cum taste like?

>muh 15 free shekels :'(

No, i dont want the succubi dark overlord to come get my vital energy through my dick while i'm sleeping

she's not good wife material

I wonder that since aggression didn't work and they replaced it and deft hands is shit if they'll replace that with something too, maybe something that applies a slow increasing in strength based on the tier of the item

>not wife material
If Ying isn't good wife material, then who is? Kinessa? Maeve? Inara? Cassie? Sha Lin?

Drogoz

This is Ying.
She is my wife.

So, it looks like some sort of princess is joining the game. How exciting!
With all due respect to her though, I have already found my special princess. That's Ying, of course! She already has beauty that matches that of royalty, and on top of that, the sweetest and most caring personality.
I love my Ying so much!

You're very rude. Stop that.

Ash.

Seris

Any news on which skin won? Or did they just forgot about Seris's new skin existence?

i want to pinch seris's cheeks.

Holy shit source on that?
Also they will announce the winner in the Dreamhack next week.

I haven't played Paladins in a while.

Is Skye still the same or have they changed her kit at all?

Still C-tier.
Skye's a shit anyways.

I want Drogoz to ejaculate so hard so I have a keg full of dragon "elixir" by teasing him gold

she can throw her ultimate bomb now rather than just drop it between her feet and legendary cards are pretty newish so she can either deal bonus damage on the first shot leaving stealth (shit), deal some bonus damage to targets she's poisoned (shit), or reset all her cooldowns on getting an elimination (not so shit)
if you're asking if she's a good character yet the answer is no

Reminder to not get excited for anything until it's on the actual live servers, not even PTS is a safe place to get excited

Of course the jews will announce it in Dreamhack.
monekke.tumblr.com/post/159478206956/evie-paladins

i just realised that bucks kingpin skin looks like an the russians from hotline miami

who would get a jacket skin?
maybe tyra?

don't you dare bring hotline into this I am keeping these separate this is NOT allowed

almost threadly reminder, that Drogoz is the best husbando.

Cuter than Pip, hotter than Fernando, gentlier than Ying, buffer than Buck. Has a bigger weapon than Ash, has scales stronger of steel, stronger than Makoa's.

No one is better than him. NO ONE!

WHERE'S FERNANDOPOSTER? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HIM?

wow fuck my english for typing the same word twice. Doesn't matter, got my point across! He is beautiful and you know it! Stuttering because of his beauty is normal!

I want to impregnate Drogoz!

Abyss warlord ying finally got him.

He's also quite thoughtful, he brought you a nice nutritious snack!

Damn he/she has some good art. Too bad there's only 2 Paladins art.

Q e w t

he realized drogoz was more handsome

Damn, that's a really good picture of my wife.

Then pay for more commisions then.

To be honest, I'm glad Fernandoposter is away and not subjected to all that filth.

Thread is ded so gonna put this here.

Please don't.

I was kinda disappointed Pip didn't get a summer skin. He can go with the diving goggles and float tube look and his shooter good be the one that shoots water balls.

how big does he like them
and also in drogoz's case how many

What's the new character gonna be like if anything definite is out there? I've been out of the loop.

>resetting cooldowns is the popular legendary when her cooldowns are so short and she has multiple cards to lower them further
>as opposed to pretty solid damage increases she can't get otherwise that can let her confirm kills way easier or even take down multiple at once much quicker
I don't really get it. I don't even use many cooldown lowering cards either, just the poison one at 2, but being able to melt people feels much more useful.

But user, she's my wife.
You must be mistaken.

boring ranged hitscan
basically imagine cassie but with lower damage and hitscan

>your wife
Sorry buddy but she's taken by an autistic indian.

Against any competent players you'll be caught out the moment you open fire with nothing to save you and be dead meat
If you need bonus damage to get the kill you should be playing a character with better damage to begin with like Evie or Androxus
Even if you take bonus damage and do get the elimination than you'll have no way to get out and skye is too fragile to ever reasonably win a direct fight against basically every other character
The best case scenario is you get a pick on their support or damage then immediately die yourself, essentially meaning you just trade with your opponents until they start sticking together and watching their backs at which point you do nothing

Skye is an awful character for many reasons

Making it interesting, aren't ya?

more

When you open fire and they turn round you've already been unloading for at least a second which means they're close to dead unless they're a frontline who are at halfish with the added firepower, and even if you used one stealth to get into position you still have one more to escape and the other should be close to usable, and with cards and a kill you're moving at sanic speed too. The extra damage isn't really necessary for a kill but having it really speeds things along, makes her a lot more deadly in straight fights and just goes a lot further really. After all, if she's really so terrible that she can't get out with all her stealth like everyone says, being able to kill more would make more sense than having guaranteed stealth after kills.

>being able to kill more would make more sense than having guaranteed stealth after kills
If all you want is to kill one enemy, which is a pretty shit plan
resetting all your cooldowns at least gives you a chance to get out afterwards so you can get more than one elimination per life
This is also assuming you even get the kill and whoever you shoot at doesn't use any number of mobility options to get out of your short range and escape because since she has no mobility and short range weaponry Skye has no options to chase, especially if they use something vertical
If the players you're matched with take at least a second to respond to being shot from behind than Skye's not so bad because her strengths rely on her opponents being very dumb, once you face players who aren't she'll stop being a functional character and lose out in every way minus potentially her ult to the rest of the flankers
This still does nothing for you when opponents group up and watch their backs since you'd need the opening to open fire while they're not paying any attention in the first place since Skye has no effective means of getting away from chasers

yes

That's the thing though, the increase in damage means you're more likely to be able to kill more than one person in most scenarios, and you shouldn't really be going into any fight without cooldowns, that goes for anyone as much as it does Skye, though her smoke and poison are short enough to be readily accessible without needing an extra reset as well. While her speed without a kill isn't great, the poison can finish the job easier thanks to that extra damage as well so it can make up for that at times. The time was more a ballpark figure but that damage boost gives her far more in that initial attack which is most important I feel, and hell it's not like they all have aimbots only for Skye specifically, she can pick her moment and angle like anyone else. If they're grouped up then it's an issue for anyone, but even then or in a group vs group fight the damage seems better with heal items and getting the upper hand faster for the rest. Disregarding how good or bad she is overall, it still seems like it'd help her and the team out more, unless you went nuts with smoke or something, and even then a loadout can do that already. But that's just how I'm seeing it and I can't stick around for now to keep discussing it sadly.

>inb4 she'll be ugly like willo

is it just me or turret barik in onslaught is a bit OP?
Almost reaching 85% winrate after 25 matches

>the increase in damage means you're more likely to be able to kill more than one person in most scenarios
no

Turret Barik is just good in general, easy steady damage. And since onslaught is kinda special, nobody kills the turrets.

>-20% card grind
>+1000% cosmetics and champions grind
enjoy ob54 :^)

They said cosmetic drop rate will be increased by ~33% and leveling up to 50 will be fairly easy and quick.
>m-m-m-muh 15 free shekels!
go buy founders pack goy

I don't understand why this is a problem. Before the champion grind was easy while the cards grind was huge. It's a bit more equalized now.
What interesting is that when I was grinding champions I noticed that the gold generated was really low, but when I have unlocked everything, gold just comes in like flood.

>1000%
Lol what

The essence they giveaway every week is pretty much just one radiant chest worth

>big changes
>new champ, buffs and nerfs
>all in the same patch
hahaha, the game breaks next week.

game breaks every week

Incremental changes guys :^)
OB54's gonna be interesting.

>when i don't have anything to purchase i have too much currency
really makes you think..

imagine being this much of a huehuehue

Man, /owg/ sure looks different today.

>implying

>Next week

What, I thought we were getting shit today.

Willo is cute! CUTE!
Also,
>she
Heh.

>Lex that low

Nigga what are you doin, get out there and bring some law to the lawless.

Patch preview is today, the patch itself is scheduled for the next week.

>Holt keeps posting Christmas related gifs
twitter.com/loki_diego/status/883307246792224768
What's his plan?

hes going insane, corgi mount confirmed.

>bought founders pack
>now have a gajillion essence that I can't use
>but no gold which I could atleast spend on shit mastery stuff
sasuga Hi Rez

>New champion is Santa the king of christmas

christmas in july xdd
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_in_July

icenara will have a santa cosplay, then her and evie will have a big sinergy due to new changes

>stuff is still worse than it was before OB44
>people think hi-rez should be praised for it
why

Every time this comes up, I feel physical pain because this reminds me of all the people who have gotten sentenced because of eyewitness reports. This is a perfect example of why eye witness reports should not be used in courts.
Listen here you little shit, the grind back then was far worse than anything thing you can imagine. You just don't remember it because the game was shit back then. There were fewer champions because we got one a month so half of these problems didn't exist. The cards back then were utter shit with only one viable deck per champion, you just made one deck and the card system was out of your mind. You had to buy cards with hard earned currency, and let me tell you currency was fucking hard to get. Gold only came from games, no quests, no FWOTD. You got mastery rewards that had so little gold it was negligible. You couldn't buy chests, you unlocked them by leveling up. You guys think that gold was such a good system, the moment legendary cards dropped you would all be crying broke because nobody could afford them, even with a million gold you would have been broke after buying legendaries for 16 champions. Hi-rez gave us up to 50% of play time currency for free to prevent the enormous grind we would be hit by. So think before you talk.

who?

I mean, I'd be cool with that.

i haven't played since they released Seris

does Hi-rez still hate tanks?

It's less awful now.

Ursa Major days are gone.

The redditfag that wrote this is definitely brain damaged.

>Reminders that one day we will be just like this

yes

kek

Everyone will someday user, there is no need to worry.

reminder that one day we will be just like this