/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

When your mates spend half the hunt in camp because making it has no business being this comfy edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Gameplay 7/6: youtube.com/watch?v=zNfK-YqLUbU

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gFjtI-qt3WA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for /v/ needs to go and stay go.

2nd for Grandpa

What's the cat thingy to the left?

Frontier!

A noisemaker.

A Shakalaka

>tfw you can now fug mid hunt
Things just get better and better.

me

I want to bang her ass and make her limp.

Where can I buy JPY Eshop?
I want a digital copy of XX Switch.

>drink fresh off the bunsen burner
>drinks it in one gulp

>still being impressed that hunters are bioengineered superhumans that can metabolise deadly toxins in seconds and get to their feet moments after being blasted back by a stream of lava
Come on, fampai.

>still impressed that hunters need to eat every five minutes while on a hunt
baka desu senpai

haha you just told your senpai that you're an idiot

FOOT

BALL

youtube.com/watch?v=gFjtI-qt3WA

The things I'd do to this butt...

>that midair blast dash hit
And suddenly my eyes are opened to a whole new world of possibilities

Like?

Smacking the shit out of it and then use these asscheeks to sandwich my dick.

Holy shit
After a year waiting with a broken tracker my Garuga has arrived in the mail.

cuddle him real good

I think World looks good. For me, Monster Hunter was never about the tedium, merely the thrill of fighting giant dinosaurs and the satisfaction of preparing well for a hunt. Being able to change weapons and armor in combat seems kinda OP but its optional so who cares. What I'm most impressed with is the living world they're tauting. YOur hunter is more capable than ever but maybe higher rank monsters require more mastery of the environment. I don't care about all the streamlining and shit, it all existed before in some way or another in previous games.

If you think this looks bad, just imagine what they did to the village. Its probably good for once

Maybe he has heat cancel

If they don't have a big HD village with maximum comfiness I will be so mad

I read that as heart cancer and I was momentarily worried

>Being able to change weapons and armor in combat seems kinda OP but its optional so who cares.
Exactly, it's going to be banned in TA so literally who gives a fuck.

Nice butt.

I read that as heat cancer and was confused.

Just bring back loc lac

How is it op? It takes years and is only useful when you face a new monster and brought the wrong element.

I like how bowguns control like guns.

before it felt like aiming a greatsword with ammo

I was pretty mad when I saw the cutscene for loc lac, making me think it was going to be a big worldhub where you could meet 19 other players or some shit, like a big online lobby with shops and forges and shit. nah its just the same online lodge shit without a ceiling.

Switching weaps in multi-monster quests, for one thing. But if it's both banned and suboptimal, that's just another nail in the coffin.

Hammer to break parts, Slicing weapon for cutting tails, then HBG for status/maximum deeps.

You can utterly dissect enemies now, which is one of the reasons you would go online, to get a party than can cover all bases. Now you can do it all yourself.

>living world
Interesting until you realize they ran out of ideas and just put generic item effects in the environment as clutter
Though I'd really like to see quests where the quest marker flies are disabled and you have to find one of several monsters on the map by distinguishing their tracks manually

>making me think it was going to be a big worldhub where you could meet 19 other players or some shit
Overrated, Mezeporta is nice-looking but its size is more cumbersome than nice.

I have a strong suspicion the guide flies will be absent in high rank, and G if there is a G, same way you get randomly dumped somewhere that isn't base camp already.

Oh no, they've gone and fucked it all up
Playing with retards in noskill clownsuits was a part of the game's challenge and they went and casualized that too

My guess is that HR disables flies.

Also, you never know. MH devs have always put in minimum effort so maybe you're right. Lava and ice water are possible hazards, I like how bombs are now environmental. The potential for new traps is off thecharts now. Spider web trap, log fall trap, trip-wire trap. I'll be maximum mad if we don't get these.

I'm actually hoping that G-rank is DLC

It's a new contnent and an exploration team, I dont expect a big village.

>I have a strong suspicion the guide flies will be absent in high rank
They seem kind of necessary, though, with the huge maps and no paintballs
We've yet to really see enough footage to know if the tracking system is usable without them, especially once you've already encountered the monster

>hoping for DLC
what the fuck is wrong with you? I hope they just release G rank to begin with.

>I hope they just release G rank to begin with.
Well obviously, but I'm saying I want it to be a 15 USD addon instead of another fucking game and spot on my shelf.

Why not, you know, only get the G rank version?

Right side of the mural on the planet thing, to the right of the cactus area, that's a city with high rise buildings.

So you can never play it again when something goes wrong? Like that NMH DLC?

user, this is a series that has conditioned people to be okay with every game including a year's worth of time-locked on-disk day one DLC, most of which being blatant advertisements for other properties

What are these? Theyre in the upper left corner under the HUD

Mantle

Those are free DLC, which is a very different animal. If G rank were FREE DLC that would obviously be fine, but you sure as fuck know that would never be the case.

Oh that's neat.

is anyone else getting a MGSV vibe from the gameplay videos? I'm getting maximum hype here

Yep. And I've been saying it since the first trailer. MGSV was also a breath of fresh air to the long ass franchise, and it only took them 20 years whereas MH took 14. MGSV had the tightest gameplay.

I remember MGSV having the same issue than GTA when I played it.

>MGSV vibe
>A third of the game will be missing on launch, making a lot of people mad
like pottery

Oh no my story in MH...

Nah MGSV had very tight gameplay. GTAV was also pretty tight.

>story
You're not very bright are you

Nah, it's like GTA. Same problems.

I guess the monsters still would have certain areas they spawn in/like to die in.
So that wheb you fought it enough you know where it's going to be and just straight up run there. I hope so at least.

>GTAV was also pretty tight
>Rockstar game
>tight gameplay
>tight anything
wew

Certainly smarter than you.

If you are talking about open world glitches, then you certainly don't know what gameplay is. Probably don't know what fun is either.

Wyvern nests are still a thing so probably, yeah.

>Cut off tail
>Jagrass eats it
>decideto slay it to get the tail back
>the tail is just gone

post yfw

He's not allowed to rip off Deviljho that much.

Amazon jap. Or just buy a digital code for the game itself from Amazon

Deiljho wishes he had an animation for swallowing food

>hunt together with your cat
>notice later he is missing
>jagras comes along
>pjkes a furball at you

*pukes

>implying I'm talking about that
You're a moron.

>mantle takes up a charm slot
Finally, I can put something useful there

>him

>tfw if MHW doesnt get AT LEAST 4 million sales in the west it'll never be localised again
fuck! not fair!

MHW2 is probably the only monhun I'll bother to import a physical copy of

Take it to /v/

They have way to much faith in America for a company who's line up is being trashed hard.
I cant wait to see Capcom damage control MvCI even harder

Japanese sales are dwindling regardless and Capcom doesn't have strong mobile games like SE or Bamco does.

I think its because while Namco and SE don't give a shit Capcom gives even less of a shit about the quality of their products.

If all it takes is not giving a shit, then everyone would be as successful as them

Look at Capcom's ventures into mobile compared to everyone else, all they've every really done is port some games to touch screens and hope they work or release a minigame that would be a bonus in one of their normal console games.

>release less titles
>sell more

>inb4 RNG mantles

Turbo versions of MVCI have no fuckingt chance of selling in a future where DBZF exists. Watch as they release bonus freebie packs that that were doomed expansion content

You don't know Capcom mobile games.

They're also banking on catalog sales, meaning already released titles.

But why didn't they bank on that last year as well?

why is raizex cry

because he's an even more frontier version of berukyurosu

Thats just Capcom delusion
>IT DIDNT REACH EXPECTATIONS THIS YEAR SO LETS TRY AGAIN NEXT YEAR
Seriously do they really expect people to buy MHGen, SFV, or RE7 in 2017-18?

Please don't hurt his feelings, he's a good electric boy. There's nothing wrong about neon green with black as an electric monster.

Because last year they didn't have RE7.

As funny as it will be when DBFZ beats MvCI I want to see Pokken beat it so we can have a repeat of last year.

Even more frontier berukyurosu is doragyurosu. And you can't outfrontier doragyurosu.

what happened last year? I don't follow Capcom's follies

Or people can buy both.

Pokken outsold SFV at retail and when people asked about digital "it wouldn't make much of a difference"

>people want to hurt this

not really, it doesn't have shit that I want

Is this kino or what?

>the handle poke

>uneven terrain
god
no
fuck no, capcom WHY
WHYYYYY
IT'S THE WORST FEATURE YOU EVER MADE, IT RUINED 4/4U AND X/XX REMOVE THAT SHIT

what are you sperging out about, in that webm alone you can see how well the monster and yourself can fight around it