Unvieled at SEMA this year. Pretty cool way to gain Supercar status

SEE VIDEO how it works youtu.be/4jeiPbsi0lI

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=4jeiPbsi0lI
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I saw someone say that would fucc up your syncros

but why? you won't shift any faster

Wouldn't surprise me, sort of like a short throw shifter.

SEMA has a lot of thinks like that, a lot of it is radios and rimz

Is this for the drag racer or the road racer?

>still uses the clutch
interesting. Is it still a sequential gearbox then, or just a sequential patterned gearbox?

About to watch this.
If I drink every time he says "billet" will I die?

scratch that. not going to listen to an australian

It adapts to a standard manual transmission and it just converts the motion from an Hour pattern to simply up or down

H pattern*

Doesn't give you supercar status or racecar status. Real sequentials either use a DCT or dog-box, the latter of which is more racey and you don't -need- a clutch to shift with it.

>convert your H pattern manual gearbox to a gearbox without synchros

Enjoy one month of RAZE CURR followed by double clutching for the rest of your cars life.
I'll stick to shifting at a comfortable speed for my synchros.

Wonder how it works.

>cunt engineering

Sorry Australia but I've about had it with you keeping all the cool shit (Falcons, Utes, etc) while giving us shitty scraps like this.

Solenoids programmed to various transmission shift patterns. Trigger an upshift or downshift, and they move the shift mechanisms to that gear violently. Cool concept but RIP synchromesh.

In the later half they talk about programming your ecu to rev match so you don't have to clutch. The syncros would be saved. Not many cars will be capable of doing this though.

or you could just get gud

I don't think you understand how drivelines work.

But why would you want a sequential manual gearbox with synchros holding you back?

t. Constant mesh dogbox sequential masterrace

If you rev match all the time you wouldn't even need to syncromesh.

Drag racers use planetary-style automatics instead.

It's a sequential manual gearbox. It has a manually operated clutch, and a manually operated shifter, which makes it a full manual. Modern sequential automatics don't use a manually operated clutch, therefore, they aren't really manual gearboxes. Fun fact: Formula 1 still has a manual clutch and manual gearbox selection, so they're still considered true manuals. It's just that all the manual inputs on their steering wheel get converted into an electric signal, which is then sent to the gearbox (instead of the usual mechanical operation of a cable or linkage).

This sort of this has existed with motorcycles for a long time already.

It's not a real dogbox so there's no real benefit. It's just a different shift pattern.

If you have a dogbox sequential is the way to go for faster/easier/smoother shifting (unsynchronized H patterns are godawful) but otherwise it's kind of pointless and the "neutral delay" is a benefit (synchromesh)

>sequential
>still uses the clutch other than from standstill
just why?

Do you have to blip on downshift?

the clutch is used only when they start driving (ie: at the start of the race and when they start driving again after a pit stop), they do not clutch for every gear change

Would this be better to use with a torque converter?

Drag racers still use fucking 2-speed Powerglides and Hydramatics. Manual gearboxes are a joke in the drag racing world.

don't give this faggot views anymore

hooktube.com/watch?v=4jeiPbsi0lI

Can't skip gears, no thanks.

On a race car it's fine tho