If an unmarked police car tries to pull you over, and you don't know if they're really a cop...

If an unmarked police car tries to pull you over, and you don't know if they're really a cop, would you just keep driving?

Would you?

At least until you see an actual police car come after you as well.
Would this hold up in court? Yes i know it's retarded, fuck you.

>Amerifat problems

If no lights, can't pull you over. Also Police here can't ticket you for stupid bullshit they want to ticket you for, they're only to enforce the law.

>non American thinks he matters
btfo lol

>thinks terms such as "matter" matter
what a baby

>non American thinks he matters
btfo lol

Will not hold up in court.
You might be able to claim being a retard to get a lesser sentence, but I don't know if that works in the US.

75% of all squad cars here are unmarked Crown Vics, 15% are unmarked Explorers and maybe 10% are older Crown Vics marked with a small "Police" decal on the front doors.

Kek. Ok. Was just curious.

I'm talking more about off duty cops in non police vehicles.

If they have a light bar and seem legit then yeah I'll be stopping asap.

If its not easily identifiable as a cop car, keep driving and call 911 and tell them some asshole has red and blue lights on their car and is trying to pull you over. They'll confirm if there is an actual officer behind you or not. Then they SHOULD tell the officer your pulling over, but chances are they'll power trip and slam you on the ground with a gun to your head.

this

If the lights come on, pull over. Easy as that. Take the ticket/warning and go on with your day.

Honestly the only BS thing cops do is ride your ass for several minutes with highbeams+spotlight on when it's dark out. I get that this is "part of their job" but the one time I got a speeding ticket I thought I was just being tailgated by some prick who forgot to turn off their brights.

What happens if you just pull over before they even turn on their lights

Would that upset them

why would you pull over for a cop that isn't pulling you over?

Yes, because that's illegally stopping on a road.

I've been pulled over by a Camry

The law says that you have to stop if the service car has the siren and the lights. So basically that's the only description of a police car in the book.
Unmarked police cars are getting more common where I live and it angers me. I've even seen a black estate car as a police car. Obviously they are more effective.

If they're tailing me and i know i was speeding and they tagged me, why not?
That sounds dumb but alright

There it is.

>TFW live in Burgerland
>TFW no police wagons
>TFW only pigfat ugly SUVs

:(

Unmarked police cars have lights behind the grille.
Without lights, how do you know you're being pulled over? It's just some jackass otherwise.

Won't work in the US; they're retarded already.

Here the secret service uses armoured Audi A6's

Why does that bother you? Are you a cop?
These fuckers are stealthy. Now I'm scanning the highway for black Škodas. I'm guessing that this situation doesn't improve the safety. And then we have the freaking movable photo radars that are usually hidden behind bushes.

are you latvian, user?

N-no..

RIP

What's biezpiena sieriņš?

I do not know user, for I consume these from the comfort of my house in Lithuania

>Lithuania
I bet they are cheaper than in Latvia.

probably just a bit, anyway if you are from Latvia then here's a question. Do you guys have any vehicle emissions meme tax or anything about engine displacement? Because at the moment we don't and you can easily register anything at a decent price, insurance notwithstanding.

>If its not easily identifiable as a cop car, keep driving and call 911
This. And then you'll have proof that you were unsure if you do happen to end up in court.

Or just drive within the rules.

Sounds like your road situation is similar to ours, only do we have special road rules which foreign truckers don't know.

Like not allowing them to drink.

When I registered my 18 year old (at the time) car for the first time there was some tax that was above 500 €. I've heard that you don't have to pay this tax if the car is older than 25. The yearly road tax is calculated by the weight, engine displacement and its power. Although I'm not sure how exactly it works but the weight is the main parameter. And yes, we have to do the technical inspection and pay the road tax every year. And no, we can't drive cars that are registered elsewhere.

Harsh
> And no, we can't drive cars that are registered elsewhere

Neither can we

>Or just drive within the rules
90 km/h on the highway with two lanes in one direction? I usually chose my speed according to the situation on the road. Usually I feel safe when going on 120.

But why would you?

>90 km/h on the highway with two lanes in one direction?
My commute is on roads with 100km/h max, 3 to 8 lanes per direction, with average speed camera's.

And this is in a country where a lot of roads have a 130km/h limit.

>Or just drive within the rules.
Ahahahahahaha! Good one user!

>What happens if you just pull over before they even turn on their lights
You cannot do that on USA freeways and can be cited if you do that without an emergency. If you need to pullover, you are to take an offramp and pullover on a side street or frontage road. Long ago, they used to be marked with signs that the shoulder is for emergency parking only. But signage is expensive and visual pollution, so it is only used in a few areas now.

>If an unmarked police car tries to pull you over
There are two types of unmarked police cars. One type has the light bar on the roof OR under the front hood lip and rear window. Those are for traffic enforcement and patrolling. The other type of unmarked police car (concealed flashing lights) will almost never pull you over because those are often used to do stings and other undercover work. In my city, they only pull someone over for completely reckless driving. Otherwise, those unmarked cars let the asshole drivers go.