$1000 Paint Job Thread

I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima that I want repainted in white(easiest one to do). How good are $1000-1500 paint jobs from your local body shop?

Just buy another one for $1500 that's already white

>second

Also, if the pic is OP's car, that rust around the rear wheel arch would need to be fixed first adding to the cost.

I want it to be kind of like a small restoration to my college car. So I can drive it with no scratches for a few more years.

Yeah, structurally, the car is fucked by rust. The front radiator support rusted in half so my mechanic said he could weld a piece of steel to both ends lmao. I just want a paint job for $100 0 and drive it til breaks down.

>wanting to respray a shitty Nissan Maxima that youll end up getting rid of within a year or 2 or crashing.
>thinking it'll only cost $1000, especially with all that rust.

It'll maybe cost a $1000 bucks if you fix the rust your self and prep the car for paint and then bring it to Maaco where all they do is just paint it.

but lets be honest you don't know how to prep a car for paint or know how to fix rust. So save more money to get a proper paint job or deal with your shitty car (the latter is whats most likely going to happen)

Another question, is this car safe to sell? Can I sell it for $1500?

>a small restoration

no such thing as a "small restoration"

especially when you car has rust.

Why would you sink a paint job into a rusty pile of shit? Maxima's are a dime a dozen, just get another one.
You can sell it for whatever someone will give you.

>My car is fucked by rust,
>I want to drive it till it breaks down ( not spend money on maintenance)
> I WANT IT WHITE BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT MY LIL MAXIMA

fuck off and die you autistic scum

how much would it cost to paint this shit mariner blue? there are literally 0 (zero) mariner blue miatas in the UK and I'm quite attached to my car so I don't want to sell the thing just for a different colour.

Let's assume I want to paint it using high quality shit so it looks like it just came out of the showroom in '90

it's completely rust free by the way. just wondering what a good shop may charge to get a really nice paint job. this isn't urgent, maybe something I might do a couple years from now.

money isn't an issue, but I don't want to be overcharged, I don't mind spend a good amount if the job is done well.

How did I get such a rusty car? I'm such an idiot, this was 3 years ago. How was the previous owner with car washes? How does it have so much rust though. It used to be that, when you lifted the car the wheels would sway outwards like negative camber. I guess I'll just sell it, it kind of had sentimental value but its such a rust bucket and not that good looking.

> 1500 for a 17 year old car
The US is fucked.

>it's completely rust free by the way.
wait till it rusts and paint it then.

You can do it for like 120 if you're ambitious enough. Just search "paint your car with Rustoleum" on instructables. Cheap paintjob for a shitbox, why not?

/thread

also
>restoring a 2000 Maxima

wut? how does that indicate the state of the US economy?

In the US it would probably around 3000 if you want high quality paint that would last idk how much that is in bong money

thats about 2.5k-ish in bong money. cheers m8.

Rattlecan that bitch

How much is the paint itself?