Civic Si, Focus ST, Golf GTI

Civic Si, Focus ST, Golf GTI

Which one is the best daily driver?

Golf GTI, just due to the niceness

Civic Si is the most reasonable choice thoguh

Out of those three, the GTI.

Is there actually such a difference that it's just more than personal preference? If you want a good DD, don't buy a hot hatch in the first place.

objectively best but boring choice-GTI
most fun-ST
yank so can't get old Type Rs choice-Si

a fun daily car is the entire point of a hot hatch

Yes but when getting a hot hatch isn't the point that it's an ok dd that is also a good hot hatch, not the other way around?

fair point, but unless you go up some price ranges or you're a massive poorfag I don't think there are better daily choices than a hot hatch, especially outside of America.

care to name any?

something along the lines of a 330i estate, but like I said that's generally well above most hot hatches in price (excluding high end ones like the A45/Focus RS/RS3, obviously)

How is a 330i estate a hot hatch? It's an estate

I'd personally get the si
Although there st and gti have more power and the gti looks better I just like Hondas more

I ask you to name something better than a Civic Si and you spit out a POS unreliable Bemmer that looks like a fucking meme

>reading comprehension

(You) said: unless you go up some price ranges or you're a massive poorfag I don't think there are better daily choices than a hot hatch, especially outside of America
user said: care to name any?

You are a massive plunker

Consider an Abarth It may be the slowest out of all 3, but its the most fun out of all of them

t. Abarth owner who drove all those cars you listed

ST if you want most fun
SI if you want the most space and tuneablity
GTI if you want luxury and high repair costs

>low torque
If your car has less torque than horsepower its shit.

I drive a rebel 500 you dip
Still cant name a decent DD

GTI if you want to look a faggot

Civic Si if you want to look like a massive faggot

Focus st if- actually i like that car.

Fiesta St is arguably much better than the focus st. It handles better. Also (((ford))) is going to stop production soon so pick one up while you still can.
Also the Abarth is a good alternative if you want a unique hot hatch

Sick boomer b8 mane

BMW is literally normie tier. I live around (((jews))) and literally every schlomo has a bmw.

1 Civic type r
2 Focus ST170
3 VW GTI

Boomers only care about the highest horsepower numbers on their 5000 pound muscle cars. torquey cars that weigh less than 3000 pounds are much better than everything else. at least in the fun aspect.

I can't afford a new Type R and I live in burgerland so I can't buy an old one either.

where did I say that a 330i estate is a hot hatch?

Fiesta St or an Abarth. i drove em both and they are more fun than every other car on your list.

He asked you for recommendations for a hot hatch and you suggested the 330i estate, you mong

(((bmw))), BIDF please go.

Civic Si. Good fuel economy, maaaad VTEC and rev happiness, and Japanese handling. Compared to my RX-8 that I drive now, it'd be the closest and the 07 has been a dream daily of mine for a while.

Golf GTI has been refined over 3 decades, so it's nearly perfect.
The interior is top notch and fold-flat rear seats with the hatch gives you a ton of space to carry stuff, but it's the most expensive of the three.
Chugs 6 liters of synthetic every 8k miles.

Civic Si will be the most reliable and cheap to maintain.
The cloth seats feel good and the interior uses high-quality plastics, so it doesn't feel cheap inside.

Focus ST
Interior feels incredibly cheap. Has a habit of randomly bursting into flames.

none. just get a civic for 3k or get something actually good with your 25k

>maaaad VTEC
New Si doesn't have VTEC.

Honda finally put a turbo in it, but no more VTEC.

The new one doesn't, but no way I'd buy a new car as a daily. I like the 8th gen most. If I had to pick one of the three to have a new one of, I'd still go with the Civic, but I'd much prefer an older N/A one.

What's the point of a hatchback? Buy a subaru wrx

Smaller cars make it easier to weave in and out of traffic, they handle better, and they're a lot better for parking in the city.
Plus if your back seats fold down, there's a ton of cargo space.

>A Volkswagen Golf is not good enough for a DD.

Jesus your standards are high. What more do you need than A/C and an aux jack? Needing more for a DD is soyboy faggotry.

The ST trans will eat it's self alive.
The SI and GTI are the best choices

>nearly perfect
Maybe in Europe, but Paco does a shit job in Puebla

>The ST trans will eat itself alive

Sick meme bro

ST trans is a Getrag 6spd, literally the same thing they put in the early 2000's M cars.

No he didn't.

Only automatic in the regular focus has some issues

yes he did, you're an idiot
STOP POSTING

> Civic
Cramped and tiny
> Golf
Ugly.
> Focus
Roomy interior, looks good on the exterior. We have a winner, folks!

>niceness
> VW
Ameretard detected. German 'quality' is luxury by your standards, but not by european.

Isn't there a class action lawsuit regarding the trannies in the STs? Idk man I love the Memestangs but im not touching the Focus/Fiestas because they're unreliable

Newfag here, what is the diff between modern honda turbos and VTEC? I know VTEC is highly revered but is the new Si bad?

No. All of the trouble Ford has had with the Focus/Fiesta transmissions has been in the automatics. The manuals in the ST (its manual only) are completely fine.

t. FoST owner.

have you ever drove a focus though

If you're going to keep it for less than 5 years, GTI no doubt about it. By far the nicest and overall best
If you're in it for the long haul, Civic obviously

Source; driven all 3 extensively and worked on them

Gotchya. Would the Civic be more reliable that an a Fiesta ST in the long run? Obviously not right?

This guy here - Let me expand on this guy's post regarding the FoST. The interior is actually quite roomy. Looks are quite subjective, it does slightly reek of the 'boy racer' aesthetic, but I don't mind it. The Recaro Sports seats (in ST2 trims or higher) are honestly fucking fantastic and easily a highlight of the car, but there are a couple of drawbacks.

- Mechanically the car is built quite well, but everything else experiences some of the shittiest build quality I've ever seen. The clutch pedal pad falls off these things like no tomorrow, the headliner is guaranteed to rattle in ones with a sunroof and it's littered with cheap plastic. Exterior bits don't hold up either.

- Fuel tank is fucking tiny (12.6 gal), so you get 300> miles on a tank, it does get decent milage, but you will have to fill up more often.

Beyond that, it is honestly a really fun car to drive. The handling/steering is top notch for a car at it's price point and the HP/Torque is impressive for what it is. I honestly enjoy every time I drive it.

I would say, yes, the Civic will probably be more reliable, but I don't think the difference will be enough to matter. My FoST has 70k on the clock and I have no doubts that it will last to the 200k mark should I decide to keep it that long, reliability for the FiST and FoST, from a mechanical standpoint, has historically been quite good. There is one fellow on the FoST forums who documented everything he's had done on his FoST that had 300k+ miles, only major item outside of regular maintenance was his clutch.

VTEC stands for Variable Timing Electronic Control, in the early days the good VTEC engines were the B series and H series, as well as the F20B that was in European Accords
They were DOHC and in addition to variable valve timing, it also changed the lift off the valves on both the intake and exhaust cams which made them produce more power in the higher rpm range
New Honda turbo engines don't have the aggressive change over that VTEC engines were known for, but then again i-VTEC engines didn't have an aggressive change over point either
They're not bad engines, just not what Honda was famous for and the new Si isn't bad

I've test driven all of those and liked the Si the most between them. Good balance of features and performance, and the best feeling transmission by far. I personally ended up getting the FiST which was the most enjoyable overall.

lol this, the Focus is pretty cramped for a car that big. Front passenger is pretty bad because of the huge center console and the awkward shape of the dash, back seat leg room is the shortest in among compact cars (Corolla, Golf/Jetta/A3, Civic, 3-series, C-class, IS, etc)

you should look at the elantra sport. it was my choice over the 3 you listed.

GTI for sure. Even the new Si interior shits all over the Fiesta.

The Elantra GT is a great, practical car, but it doesn't really compare well in terms of performance. The Mazda 3 Sport GT vs Elantra GT would be a much more interesting comparison. That said, I'm hoping Hyundai keeps on this rapid track of progress and puts out an AWD hot hatch that BTFOs the Germans

Only reason to pick the Elantra GT is price.

It is worse than every car listed at everything, except that it's cheaper. It's a good car for what it is, but you may as well get the Civic Si if you can spend the extra money - it's the closest to the Elantra Sport in that it combines practicality and smooth street performance with a lot of athleticism and driving ability when you want it.

Hyundai is not going to make an A45 AMG competitor. No one in their right fucking mind is going to pay $50-60k for a Hyundai hatch, there are barely people who'll pay that for a FUCKING AMG.

If you're talking about Golf-R type performance levels, Subaru has been BTFO of the germans as for years. The main problem there is that the germans Don't. Really. Care. The Golf-R is supposed to be like a radically nice/sporty car that is still refined and mild-mannered most of the time, something that is quite the opposite of what most other people want out of a hot hatch.

I was alluding more to the possibility of Hyunda/Kia's current trend of trying to outdo the Germans in the luxury car game extending to hatch backs.