What are the advantages of Waze over Google maps?

What are the advantages of Waze over Google maps?

I installed it today and why does it need my number? I also noticed it has a "feature" that scans my contacts and extracts their location. Does that mean anyone who had my phone number can find out where I am + what my home address is?

Community speed radar & police alerts are pretty cool.
Waze was also way smoother than Google maps on my no name chink dumbphone.
I'd stop using google maps if Waze added a pedestrian functionality like Google maps does.

> why does it need my number
Not sure but I think it's for your account, there's a point system which gives new avatars based on miles traveled while waze is on. Pointless crap.
> it has a "feature" that scans my contacts and extracts their location
Most likely for the in app feature that allows you to send an ETA to a contact without having to write the actual text message while driving. Never used it so don't quote me on that.

>Does that mean anyone who had my phone number can find out where I am + what my home address is?
Yes, but they could do that already.

It's just another company trying to yank data off your phone, but without Google's grandfather clause protection. Like how Google maps reads my E-mails and tells me where the hotel I booked is automatically and slightly creepily.
Doesn't tell me it's actually half a mile away from there, or where the parking is, though.

Allow you to permanently disable toll road routes, when Google require you to do that manually every time.
Traffic infos update more frequently.

You can still use it without submit your phone number, you just can't report any accidents on road

I'm using waze because of the point system.
But google maps looks and sound better.
I like the google lady over waze lady

> He doesn't use a dedicated satnav, and instead relies on mobile data
> He can't pick the voice from a menu, or download new ones

>>He doesn't have unlimited data in 2017

>18196054
> He can't pick the voice from a menu, or download new ones
He assume I use the English voice

In hebrew there is only one shitty voice
also this

Funny, Google maps seems to be less of a resource hog than Waze. One of my 5 year old phones can`t even run it, while it can run google. It has some nice features though.

how much does waze pay you to make these threads?

>unlimited data

Funny thing, here in Eastern Yurop the phone providers have been doubling down on the data caps as the years go by. For the price of 50gbs years ago you now only get 5.

Isn't Waze owned by google anyway?

5gb a year?
I got 2gb every month and I never reach it.

Currently paying 1€/month for unlimited data (100gb if you don't also have this ISP's internet).
Feels good not being cucked.

> He's too poor to have a dedicated satnav unit

>>He enjoys being a Jewed faggot

>dedicated satnav unit, jewed
>uses (((google maps))) or its subsidiary, waze. jewed

we lose either way

It's common knowledge that Google knows everything.

I was referring to people who know my number, like people from college, some of which I prefer to not have any knowledge of where I live.

A month

Is unlimited data really worth living under Muslim occupied territory?

Waze is an attempt to integrate some social media into a navigation app. But everyone uses it to report cops and speed traps.

I've been using Inrix and it works; didn't ask for my number. I didn't care for Waze's layout and didn't bother to figure out how to keep the screen from sleeping with Google maps.

max waze rank here

i use it because its consistently saved me from tons of traffic driving to random areas

i also like the presentation + features

>mfw farming points driving between socal and vegas throughout the year