Shit on my idea to to cop one of these for a daily driver

Shit on my idea to to cop one of these for a daily driver

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ukq-UUQAcZs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you're never going to get a girlfriend if you drive one of those things

But that is wrong.

If he's a weak manlet, this van will make him look like a creep and weirdo.
If he's fit and handsome this van will make him even MORE interesting.

Dont go near a park unless you like being deemed suspicious

its a fucking shit old vw and you'd get fucking hipsters and hippy fucks talking to you about your POS VW bus wank.
VWs are fucking shit. Only faggots buy them

kys

>facts hurt :c

this. wouldn't use it as a daily tho.

how come

man speaks the truth.
I lost 80lbs and saw the change in women's attitude first hand.
If you're not attractive no matter what you do you'll always be a creepy weirdo.

You won't find one in a decent condition unless you're really fucking lucky. These were typically used as delivery vans and such, and thus were run into the ground.

ok, here's a list
>struggles to even hit 70 on the interstate. you aren't gonna go anywhere fast
>poor gas mileage because you're gonna have to floor it all the time to keep up with traffic.
>hard to park
>it's an old VW, so hope you're handy with a wrench
>unless you're a Chad, girls will think you're creepy

I don't care about the speed but the mpg's and need it to be somewhat reliable, so that's a problem. Also fit but average looking so that might be a gamble. Looks like I'll pass then :(

>Also fit but average looking so that might be a gamble. Looks like I'll pass then :(

Nah, just acting confident will make you a Chad with that. Don't act strange and don't look like a virgin.

But you failed at the first step at being a Chad which was to not care about others opinions.

satanic trips of truth. Self confidence is more powerful than looks.

>acting confident

Wanna know how I know you're a misleading bullshitter (apart from your digits)?

If you're a total wreck, acting suddenly totally out of character and "acting all confident like a Chad" will get instantly picked up as incredibly awkward and even more repelling.
The key is to not fucking act out of your character. Women can literally smell your bullshit.
You can steadily work on your flaws and improve over time but just don't expect you can "act" like a completely different person from one moment to another.

>acting suddenly totally out of character and "acting all confident like a Chad" will get instantly picked up as incredibly awkward and even more repelling.

People who know you will notice this and they wouldn't think of you as a creep anyway. It works on those who don't know you and would think you're a creep.

Also if OP is already fit but average looking, acting confident is not out of character.

Buy a T5 or a T6 instead.

you don't need that much space. use it as a camper van for vacation.

What I mean is the car wont make you better any bit if youre a chad. It'll degrade you. Unless you want trailerpark girls.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ukq-UUQAcZs

since everyone has completely missed the point so far with their lack of confidence in themselves,

its slow, not fuel efficient, it is very noisy at higher speeds (40mph+), body might need some work because of rust and its age

I would consider something newer if you really want a van. Besides, these hipster vans are now really overpriced because hipsters.

>its slow, not fuel efficient, it is very noisy at higher speeds (40mph+), body might need some work because of rust and its age

But they're fun and cool. It has character unlike some good boring car.

Thanks for actual response. Not really fixed on a van, just a car that I find cool. Other option was a Volvo 240 wagon, that might be a bit better

>Volvo 240 wagon
thats even more hipster than the van.

>t. weak manlet

Don't really care about the hipster aspect there's not many in my area anyway

sure, but at the end of the day, you're still having to drive a 30 year old vw van. That's not exactly a fun experience.

>hard to park
What.

I drove a VW Crafter L2H2 for work, no rear windows, no rear view camera, no sensors. Was easier to park than a first gen Yaris.

Why would you need that for a daily driver? Are you hauling shit for your job? If not, get something else that will save you gas and be more maneuverable.

K E K
E
K

These are actually highly manouverable thanks to the 97 inch wheelbase (less than a Ford Fiesta). They are however fuel thirsty and sloooooowwww.

Would be useful if you drive for the carpool.

I knew a guy that had one of these, it looked and felt like a death trap.

Noisy as hell to ride in.

To hear him talk about it, quality replacement parts are nonexistent, so if something breaks; you'd better be a miracle worker.

There is a real risk of these thing spontaneously bursting into flames, as the one the guy owned was fully on fire when he came out of a Meijer.

You want a van?
Just get a early 1990's Chrysler pussy-pusher minivan as they're shit cheap and can be fixed with a hammer and duct tape.

everything's been answered but

>guaranteed death in almost any 35mph+ accident, at least lose your legs
>dangerously slow in modern traffic
>even non-camper versions are $8k+ for a good one
>shit fuel economy
>is a fucking transport van - drives and rides like one
>expect to have the engine rebuilt or Subaru swapped if you want any sort of reliability

don't get me wrong, they're cool but completely retarded to daily

a late production (early 90's) Volvo 240 (least problems) is definitely not a bad choice, and still comfy, practical, and kool

I'd say buy a shitbox for DD and a Westfalia for camping, but there's no reason to even choose that over the multitude of superior campers besides ~vanlife aesthetics~

Ive always wanted a van that looked like it was from Total Recall

Yeaaah what everyone is saying about the fuel economy and reliability is getting to me. Don't mind the other things but that's putting me off. Looks like a 240 is the best compromise between koolness and practicality.

On a side note if i could find a Toyota Van like that one i would jump tf on it in an instant. But I have never managed to find one for sale in Ontario. Tbh at this point if I could find one even in BC i would cop it and drive/ship it back

>tfw these things sell for 15k in mediocre condition in the PNW

the hipster tax is real.

>wants a vanagon
>now going for the 240 DL

holy shit, just move to portland already

No thanks i like canady