What do people think about "rat rod"s?

What do people think about "rat rod"s?

I like em. But unless you spend some serious cash on them, theyre death traps.

> not comfy / 10

disgusting.
its the car equivalent of ear grommet and neck tattoos

What is the technical term for this aesthetic?

degenerate

I really hate them.

>"rat rod"s
>d"s

the fuck you doing with that s

pluralizing

not outside the quotes nigga

>unless you spend some serious cash on them, theyre death traps.
that is literally half the point. expecting 1500lb v8 powered sleds built out of 50+ year old junk cars to be safe in any way, shape or form is just plain ignorance

>poop smells

They're cool when its about just making fast death traps with no budget for looks. When people spend $80k making one that's more pretentious art project than functional car its kinda missing the point.

this

i also think the whole ratrod idea came from the fact that at this point in time there really isn't many cars or parts in good enough condition to do a restoration or traditional hotrod build but you can build a ratrod out of pretty much anything that still sorta resembles a car

would like to own one

It was a reaction to the billet boydsters that were popular the time

Im not delusional, and i love the things. But unless its built by a pro-shop, 9/10 its held together with bailing wire and shitty tac welds. Pic related had no floors, just a peg for your feet. And the cab was tacked together straight down the middle.

Waste. A waste of a car.

Yeah, I coulda restored this car, but I gouged up the doors, you know, for looks.

Looks like shit

Garbage

Can you actually drive these?
How would insurance even work

>IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT ON PURPOSE, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE SHIT!
lmao boomers truly are sad

I'm not really a fan of American cars but these are so stupid that they're interesting.

are they the fedora of the hot rod world?

I love the aesthetic, but boomers + the demand for that very specific rat rod look has made them expensive. And that ruins the point.

In the 50s and 60s, you could pick up an old 1920something Ford or Chevy parts car, drop a big V8 in it and have a cheap racecar. Now, you'd be hard pressed to get that true rat rod look for less than $80k.

I prefer the lead sled look myself

Chevy powerplants REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stance faggotry for boomers older gen xer's